General Category > Ctrl-Alt-Del

Twitter

(1/4) > >>

The Family Cyclist:
In short I'm thinking of signing up as regularly things I'm interested in say contact us via twitter. They often have an email address but often takes some finding

Some people I'm interested in also use it rather then Facebook

Is twitter any less evil at creaming your profile and selling your soul and any less advert heavy then Facebook which seems now to fit in stuff about my friends between adverts

philip:
I don't use twitter, so I have no direct experience, but twitter makes 90% of it's revenue by selling advertising (about $800 million a quarter), and the reason advertisers buy the ads is because twitter collects user data.

Ruthie:
I like Twitter. There are some interesting accounts, and it’s easy to find people who share my profession and my hobbies, and follow them. Also that Crinklylion introduced me to some hilarious accounts.

And Rev Richard Coles who is an utter darling and a sweetheart.

ScumOfTheRoad:
I am on Twitter. however I would really really advise against making any personal information available on your profile.
The act of 'doxxing' is sadly common. A scientist working at a pharma company criticised a Telegraph columnist this week
She threatened to 'finish him' and due to information on his profile someone worked out hsi place of employment.

Sorry to make that sound a bit scary, I am sure you know to use common sense.

The Family Cyclist:
Yeah I will be using a pseudonym and maybe some spurious details as sensible debate seems dead in this day and rage (sic) .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version