Author Topic: Strava- check your renewal  (Read 2313 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Strava- check your renewal
« on: 13 January, 2023, 04:52:30 pm »
Apparently Strava are playing silly buggers with respect to,a price increase for a premium account. It’s not that they are increasing their prices, which companies do from time to time, it’s more to do with the lack of consistency with the prices, with it being anything from 0% all the way up to 100% seemingly dependent on where you claimed to be when you created your account. Oh, and that they refuse to publish who will pay what in advance. You won’t know until you get a subscription renewal notice.

DC Rainmaker has done a YT on it if you want more info. 
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Re: Strava- check your renewal
« Reply #1 on: 13 January, 2023, 05:11:55 pm »
Cheers for the heads up.

I cancelled my renewal last year and just go with the free service. I'm too fat and unfit to challenge KOMs at the moment, I don't need the HR data and I can't think of anything else it offers that is worth the subscription

BTW has anyone else noticed that DCRainmaker sounds just like Kermit?

Once you hear it, you can't unhear.

« Reply #2 on: 13 January, 2023, 06:00:36 pm »
Even for those not concerned, watching DCrainmakers video is worth it for entertainment value, especially as he's a well known commentator in the industry who had contacts into Strava.

« Reply #3 on: 13 January, 2023, 07:24:42 pm »
You get heart rate on free one.