Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 2996896 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
In a meeting with a customer today, one of them told me that something I'd pointed out was "a revelation", which was a new point in my career  ;D
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Beardy

• Shedist
Dr Beardy’s nephew has just got engaged. In Brazil. He only met his Fiancé in real life three weeks ago. They’ve known each other on line for quite a while, but it’s still come as a bit of a surprise to everyone.  ;D

Dr Beardy’s sister asks why her boys can’t just meet a teacher in Yorkshire! She currently has sons in Montreal, Madrid, San Palo and Skelmanthorpe. Theres no news on where the boys in Brazil plan to set up home, but as they’re both registered and experienced healthcare professionals I don’t think they’ll find difficulty settling where ever they decide to. At least the wife of the boy living in Yorkshire is working in a school!

We’ve had quite the exciting evening in family what’s app groups.  ::-)
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
I got an invite from ARCC Innovations to an open day yesterday but didn't manage to make it.  B

I know you're supposed to support local business (and these guys are only a few miles down the road from me in Pampisford) but they're taking the p*ss with those prices...

Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
In the past I've looked at their products in detail and they are extremely well made.    Plus they're a lot lighter than Brompton's own electric offering.

It is a Bosch motor and you do get what you pay for.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

I converted my Brompton for <£600 with a Wooshbikes kit. Still at the same price, but with an improved battery set up. It's perfectly functional, if a tad crude on the controls.

https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?hubkits
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
In the past I've looked at their products in detail and they are extremely well made.    Plus they're a lot lighter than Brompton's own electric offering.

It is a Bosch motor and you do get what you pay for.

I read somewhere that they started life as power-steering motors, which speaks to their reliability. Can't have those things conking out on the Autobahn at 160 kph.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight