Author Topic: Getting a shirt to work  (Read 5936 times)

Re: Getting a shirt to work
« Reply #25 on: 24 May, 2010, 09:26:37 pm »
Find a nice friendly looking lady in the office , give her your shirt and ask her to iron it for you.. after she's made you a cup of tea .... look slightly helpless when you do this..it will make her feel maternal and protective.... O:-)
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #26 on: 24 May, 2010, 10:17:33 pm »
There are some older ladies there, perhaps........
Really i just need someone that works there to live near me. I can then send them with my shirts for the week and hope that they get cleaned for the next week ;) ;D
No chance of using Marks and Spencer shirts. I can until i get my uniform, but after that i dont know what type of shirts they give you.  Its a strange blue colour.
Cheers for the suggestions. Did the practice ride to work and back today to see how long it should take me.
Just got to have ago at folding and packing :o
That Eagle Creek thingy looks quite good though, i might see what the Cotswold shop near me has......

Don't question. It makes people angry.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #27 on: 24 May, 2010, 10:35:50 pm »

Yes. Fold in the arms, roll them up.

..d

That's what I do now (rolled around socks and underwear) - then put in a cotton bag/carrier bag to keep clean in your cycling luggage.

Same here. I definitely prefer rolling rather than folding.

I take clothes in batches rolled up in my saddle bag and make sure I always have a decent selection of shirts/T-shirts/pants/socks/trousers/jumpers in my locker - and before I leave at the end of each day, I update my "locker inventory" note on my mobile so I can easily remind myself later what I'm running low on. Whatever I've been wearing comes home the same day. Shoes stay at work permanently.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #28 on: 24 May, 2010, 10:58:40 pm »
I tend to wear my shirts, which does get them there ;D

I sometimes wonder about changing, but it's only a five mile ride.

I have an Altura Clothing Carrier, which is brilliant. That carries jacket and trousers in on Monday and home on Friday. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be made any more. It's basically just a businessman's suit carrier with pannier hooks on the back.

« Reply #29 on: 25 May, 2010, 12:03:27 am »
Keep all your work clothes at work.

Shirts.  Wear and store. 

Once a third of a way through the wardrobe bring them all home and put through the wash.
The second third is contingency to allow time for this wash cycle.

Once shirts are dry and ironed and cooled, stuff them all in a carrier bag IMMEDIATELY before leaving for work and then hang them up as soon as you arrive.

Wear the third third of your shirts whilst the first third are hanging out and the second third are in the wash at home.

Once this cycle is completed the first third will be crease free and nobody will realise that they've not been ironed in the last day.

Trousers.  Treat the same but on a less frequent cycle.  They do not need daily washing.