Author Topic: Premier Inn Disappointment  (Read 3084 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Premier Inn Disappointment
« on: 10 September, 2018, 07:25:08 pm »
As some here will know, we are regular clients at the Premier Inn, Christchurch West and the attached Bailey Bridge hostelry.

I have just returned from a weekend of multiple disappointments.

The breakfast prices have risen so the Continental option is now £7,50 and full Premier breakfast is £9.50. ALL cooked items must now be ordered; there is no hot buffet any more, at all.

We have spent much of the weekend waiting; David waited around half an hour for a lonely, miserable poached egg on all three days.
Waits for evening meals were such that on Saturday's group meal, several diners had finished their main course before others' had arrived.

We dined there with David's Dad lat night; we were hand a list of A DOZEN unavailable menu items; Apparently the Autumn menu will be introduced on Tuesday and they've run out of most of the 'Summer' items.

This morning's Continental breakfast buffet was also lacking many of the listed items.

I am unimpressed!

But we will return...

Re: Premier Inn Disappointment
« Reply #1 on: 12 September, 2018, 07:31:46 pm »
Trouble is they can be so convenient. There one near South Mimms services which I use once or twice a year. At least you (usually) know what you're getting.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 12 September, 2018, 09:06:56 pm »
Oh I know! Having the place, with full wheelchair accessibility within half a mile of David's Dad guarantees we'll return.

Room on 2 January is £30...

« Reply #3 on: 16 September, 2018, 05:49:29 pm »
When I breakfast at a local PI the hot buffet is only available if they are busy. Otherwise you have to order. You can still order as much and as many times as you'd like though.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4 on: 16 September, 2018, 05:54:02 pm »
Sunday morning was busy.

No buffet though.

Painfully slow call orders would deter any repeats.

« Reply #5 on: 16 September, 2018, 05:56:42 pm »
I have just spent about six weeks staying during the week at a Premmier in at Manchester Airport. I am all Premier Inned out. About 20 nights on six weeks by my reckoning.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6 on: 16 September, 2018, 07:32:37 pm »
I have just spent about six weeks staying during the week at a Premmier in at Manchester Airport. I am all Premier Inned out. About 20 nights on six weeks by my reckoning.

Yeuch!

They don't do the 'Grab & Go0 breakfast option any more so you waste money or overeat, unless you skip breakfast there altogether.I can seldom face a Full English and more than three on the trot would do me in!

ian

« Reply #7 on: 17 September, 2018, 10:02:19 am »

OMG, did you go bartonfinky? That happens to me in about a week. I'm not sure how that would work out in Premier Inn.

« Reply #8 on: 17 September, 2018, 10:05:04 am »

OMG, did you go bartonfinky? That happens to me in about a week. I'm not sure how that would work out in Premier Inn.

I get a bit stir crazy and read a hell of a lot.

I once did three months solid bar weekends at the Premier Inn Manchester city centre (the bit tall tower one) when I was doing some work for the CO-OP bank.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

ian

« Reply #9 on: 17 September, 2018, 10:09:22 am »
I used to do two-week stretches at the Hampton Inn by our Virginia office. That made me feel distinctly odd. I had all the excitement of the Chillis opposite, and the Big Y supermarket (not to mention breakfasts made entirely of sugar and high fructose corn syrup that made me twitch till mid-afternoon). I think I once stomped in to demand from customer services just 'why were called the Big Y.' Officer Johnson drove me back across the parking lot.

After that, I made them get me an apartment.

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #10 on: 20 September, 2018, 10:41:14 am »
I used to do two-week stretches at the Hampton Inn by our Virginia office. That made me feel distinctly odd. I had all the excitement of the Chillis opposite, and the Big Y supermarket (not to mention breakfasts made entirely of sugar and high fructose corn syrup that made me twitch till mid-afternoon). I think I once stomped in to demand from customer services just 'why were called the Big Y.' Officer Johnson drove me back across the parking lot.

After that, I made them get me an apartment.

Billy Connolly fans?

« Reply #11 on: 24 September, 2018, 07:56:02 am »
Premier breakfast for £9.50? Are you kidding me? I've been to Premier Inn a couple of times and it wasn't worth the original price. Also, the part about the unavailable menu items still hurts. I can NEVER get what I want there. Not going to return there again.

« Reply #12 on: 26 September, 2018, 07:47:16 pm »
I think £9.50 is ok. I make sure I am v hungry so that I get my moneys worth. I will not eat again that day.

« Reply #13 on: 26 September, 2018, 09:21:20 pm »
I don't think £9.50 is bad....especially as my two kids eat for free.

So that is:

3x coffee (me)
Fruit juice x about 12
cereal x3
yogurt x 3
cooked breakfast x3
loads of pastries
more coffee
handfuls of teabag sachets and sugar for use as work
more coffee
pockets stuffed with croissants as we leave

...all for £9.50

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #14 on: 26 September, 2018, 09:27:56 pm »
I don't think £9.50 is bad....especially as my two kids eat for free.

So that is:

3x coffee (me)
Fruit juice x about 12
cereal x3
yogurt x 3
cooked breakfast x3
loads of pastries
more coffee
handfuls of teabag sachets and sugar for use as work
more coffee
pockets stuffed with croissants as we leave

...all for £9.50

I can pay upfront for the full works but take 1 coffee, 1 bowl of cereal, a fruit juice and a pastry at a stretch. Even the continental £7.50 option isn't brilliant value for an adult small eater.

« Reply #15 on: 26 September, 2018, 09:29:51 pm »
Find some kids to take with you then  ;)