Author Topic: My first ride on a MTB.  (Read 10649 times)

annie

Re: Planning my first ride on a MTB.
« Reply #25 on: 07 January, 2009, 05:57:18 pm »
I am home, I survived and I have the biggest ever smile on my face.

That was without a doubt the most fun I have had in a long time.  I am bouncy and happy and well, just a very happy pixie.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: What a girl!

It's great.  I only have one smallish bruise and one bump.  I wanted to do it all over again.  Riding in the forest in the snow in the middle of winter is so exhilarating.

Make the most of it...the mud'll be back soon.  :demon:

Although from my limited experience (the first Dusk 'till Dawn and an XC enduro race, both at Thetford) it's a pretty dry part of the country that you are in.

This year's Dusk til Dawn was a complete wash out.

Re: My first ride on a MTB.
« Reply #26 on: 07 January, 2009, 06:06:20 pm »
Awesome!!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

annie

« Reply #27 on: 08 January, 2009, 02:15:37 pm »
Hopefully by the end of this month I will have n+1 in my stable.  I can't wait. :)

« Reply #28 on: 08 January, 2009, 02:50:40 pm »
That's tremendous! We want pictures!

Riding in the snow is amazing, the best day's mountain biking I ever did was in the peaks in early january. 

annie

« Reply #29 on: 08 January, 2009, 03:06:31 pm »
That's tremendous! We want pictures!

Riding in the snow is amazing, the best day's mountain biking I ever did was in the peaks in early january. 

The pictures are locked away..... in my memory bank.  I forgot to take the camera.  :(

Lots of snow, compacted ice, some huge puddles of slush, trees, stumps, bumps, holes, more bumps.  Lots of shrieks of delight from me.  Slightly bruised hands and bruised hip.

Jasper the surreal cyclist

• Modern life is complicated stuff....
« Reply #30 on: 11 January, 2009, 06:32:13 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it. The terrain around here has been brill recently with amazing Winter scapes......not to mention the `fun' aspect...
Who only by moving can balance, only by balancing move....