Author Topic: Vatternrundan  (Read 1684 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Vatternrundan
« on: 24 November, 2009, 04:20:33 pm »
Public Service Announcement from Sweden

Dear Cyclist!  
You have probably heard that the start numbers for Vätternrundan 2010 were sold out in record time.  
What is less well known is that our quota for non-Swedish residents was not filled, which means that cyclists living outside Sweden may still register.  
Register via this link: Entry
For the registration to work, you must first change the entry number.
1)      Fill in the number 340001 in the field to the right of the blue registration number.
2)      Click on the box beside " I have read the information. "
3)      Press the button Change the entry number. The number 340001 should now be shown in blue.  
Then fill in the cyclists information (name, date of birth, etc) and click on Add.
When you have filled in everyone, go the middle of the page, and click on To payment.  
Please call us if you have any questions!  +46-141-22 32 90  
See you in Motala!
Vätternrundan

So if you want a place best act now!

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
Re: Vatternrundan
« Reply #1 on: 27 May, 2024, 09:07:15 pm »
I am riding this next month, on reading the rules it says bikes must have bells and reflectors, are these checked?

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass
« Reply #2 on: 29 May, 2024, 12:26:11 pm »
I am riding this next month, on reading the rules it says bikes must have bells and reflectors, are these checked?

reflectors were when I rode in 2011 although I didn't have a bell so they weren't!

You can buy spoke reflectors at the trade stand in Motala, I still have them (on the bike I rode) as a souvenir. Remember they have to be orange not white as in the UK.

or below; one per wheel is OK

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/295570991122?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338757644&toolid=20006&customid=bc511d0e31141ac236d143ca8da560e3&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1JWm3pll1QLK07az_EjrhBw17

GdS

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass
« Reply #3 on: 29 May, 2024, 08:30:13 pm »
does it only stipulate spoke reflectors?

IIRC I also had front white and rear red. And some orange frame ones I bought as a jumbo pack on eBay and ended up nailing most of them to the makeshift wooden posts they erected when they closed vehicle access into our estate from one road.

« Reply #4 on: 29 May, 2024, 09:24:59 pm »
When I did in 2022 I had no front reflector and no spoke reflectors (but did have reflective sidewall tyres) and wasn't called out on it. I don't remember the bike check being particularly thorough.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:39:15 am »
Thanks for the replies. I have stuck some reflective tape on the frame which will do the job.

Bike all packed and ready to go. I will fly to Gothenburg-Landvetter then get the coach to Mjölby where I am staying Thurs and Sat night.

I have a 20:42 start time so should finish early Saturday afternoon if I take my time. Then time to chill before riding back to Mjölby.

Anyone else doing it this year?