Author Topic: [HAMR] tracking, widgets and things  (Read 5117 times)

[HAMR] tracking, widgets and things
« on: 11 January, 2015, 01:05:12 pm »
Is exciting trying to track 3 cyclists all going after this Tommy record.

Can anyone create a gizmo/gadget/thing to record all 3 cyclists distances to date to stop me having to view multiple pages.

Or a simple 'complete distance to date' for Steve (in miles) would be nice.

Cheers and hats off chaps!
I dunno why anybody's doing this!

Re: tracking, widgets and things
« Reply #1 on: 11 January, 2015, 04:30:11 pm »
Paging Jo OTP...
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

Jack_P

• It's just dicking about on bikes
    • Cycling hobo
« Reply #2 on: 11 January, 2015, 09:39:47 pm »
you can see a weekly total accumulating each evening (or morning with the USA time difference) here
http://www.strava.com/clubs/hamr

more usefull next week when Kurt puts in a full week

« Reply #3 on: 11 January, 2015, 10:09:40 pm »
See Jo's thread here, this has the bones of what Jo is developing and will no doubt get the link to his system once it is working nicely with iOS.

Euan Uzami

« Reply #4 on: 11 January, 2015, 11:33:02 pm »
knocked up a quick android app for all the avid teethgrinder watchers https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bjt.yearrecordtracker.app  :D
quite rough and ready atm, but can probably be improved upon a bit if liked...push notifications when he hits the target, or, i don't know, passes through comrie or whatever ;) ;)

adding a map with 'where is he now' should be fairly piss easy as well but haven't done it yet, i'll do it if i'm bored one night in the week

obviously need an internet connection for it to work. oh and press the refresh button when you first start it up.

« Reply #5 on: 12 January, 2015, 07:30:29 am »
This is all mighty fine stuff.

Cheers
I dunno why anybody's doing this!

« Reply #6 on: 12 January, 2015, 08:08:18 am »
"This application requires no special permissions to run."

:thumbsup:

« Reply #7 on: 12 January, 2015, 10:14:42 am »
adding a map with 'where is he now' should be fairly piss easy as well but haven't done it yet, i'll do it if i'm bored one night in the week

Snap, I got a bit bored yesterday, so knocked up a 'where is he now' page: http://audaxclubhackney.co.uk/tg.html - still very much a work in progress. I'm trying to snap the tracking points to roads using google routing to get a better idea where he has gone.
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

ianrauk

• Tattooed Beat Messiah
« Reply #8 on: 12 January, 2015, 10:40:33 am »
knocked up a quick android app for all the avid teethgrinder watchers https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bjt.yearrecordtracker.app  :D

Thanks Ben.
Awesome stuff...

« Reply #9 on: 12 January, 2015, 10:58:25 am »
quite rough and ready atm, but can probably be improved upon a bit if liked...push notifications when he hits the target, or, i don't know, passes through comrie or whatever ;) ;)

obviously need an internet connection for it to work. oh and press the refresh button when you first start it up.

Thanks Ben! (would give you 5* if I could, apparently I need G+ for this and I have been resisting for years)

« Reply #10 on: 12 January, 2015, 11:03:05 am »

We'd be quite keen to push this on the website, etc., if you're happy with that.

Euan Uzami

« Reply #11 on: 12 January, 2015, 12:40:46 pm »

We'd be quite keen to push this on the website, etc., if you're happy with that.

yeah can do if you like  :thumbsup:

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #12 on: 12 January, 2015, 04:22:37 pm »
I have a more basic thing going on.

cumulative distance by windy_, on Flickr

monthly totals by windy_, on Flickr

Psychler

• Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
  • 33.2 miles from Steeple Bumpstead
« Reply #13 on: 13 January, 2015, 01:01:25 am »
Just found this on the web

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xz2QyYN6S5ve5X5lvNNwLDb4J8sEek1EOuE7qACqDbQ/pubhtml

Not sure if the mileages match Strava tho'
I'm gonna limp to the pub and drink 'til the rest of me is as numb as my arse.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #14 on: 13 January, 2015, 10:32:37 am »
Question: If you look at the tracker data Tarzan has a slower moving average speed than Steve, but when the Strava data appears Tarzan has a faster average speed. Why is this? Longer rest periods or what?

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #15 on: 13 January, 2015, 10:37:44 am »
I have always thought that Steve's tracker average was wrong -- too high -- without trying to work out how, why ?
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

paul851

« Reply #16 on: 13 January, 2015, 10:58:58 am »
I assumed that the average speed was a total for the whole ride so far and not just for the day ?

Paul

« Reply #17 on: 13 January, 2015, 01:55:19 pm »
this might be a useful widget or ap [what's the difference?] for Steve/his routeplanners, and others here:

http://www.weatherbagel.com

I think it's brilliant  :thumbsup:

« Reply #18 on: 13 January, 2015, 05:36:30 pm »
That's a clever site Rich.

I just uploaded my usual DIY 200 and it's convinced me NOT to do it tomorrow. Which is amazing because that's exactly what I was planning not to do.

Bookmarked.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #19 on: 15 January, 2015, 06:42:56 pm »
Can i see  a "leaderboard" on Strava?  #stravaluddite

(jo's graphs are currently the single best view available,  but I think Strava is currently more uptodate? )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #20 on: 16 January, 2015, 02:03:35 pm »

The new "where is he now?" is great!

Euan Uzami

« Reply #21 on: 16 January, 2015, 02:37:40 pm »
 it sometimes shows a long straight line from the start to the end but I think I can fix it fairly easily tomorrow.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #22 on: 18 January, 2015, 09:17:54 pm »
 it sometimes shows a long straight line from the start to the end but I think I can fix it fairly easily tomorrow.
Looks like the fix worked. Top stuff Ben, thanks very much.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

hillbilly

« Reply #23 on: 18 January, 2015, 10:05:36 pm »
Yes, super.  :thumbsup:

Euan Uzami

« Reply #24 on: 19 January, 2015, 03:54:08 pm »
Looks like the fix worked. Top stuff Ben, thanks very much.
yeah, no probs.

Note if you've got version 1.0 (pre-maps version) and you then update, you'll have to refresh to get the 'where is he now' button. Don't ask, just the way I did it - back of fag packet design and all.

Also if you refresh before he's started that day, the daily mileage is wrong. But I suspect that's going to be a fairly rare occurrence ;D if it's incorrect at any other times please feel free to ping me a message to sort it.