Author Topic: World Championships 2011 (spoilers)  (Read 11303 times)

Re: World Championships 2011 (spoilers)
« Reply #101 on: 26 September, 2011, 11:26:36 am »
BBC has highlights of the elite women's and men's road races on iPlayer.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #102 on: 26 September, 2011, 11:31:52 am »
And the gold medal winners for the UCI synchronised sprinting competition are France..

"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #103 on: 26 September, 2011, 11:47:17 am »
Another one for Viz?
Getting there...

« Reply #104 on: 26 September, 2011, 12:12:17 pm »
when I saw his arms in the air at the line, I have to say I lost my normal British reserve and went a bit mental for a moment.

Good for you JT (and for use of the word 'embiggen').

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #105 on: 26 September, 2011, 12:18:29 pm »
when I saw his arms in the air at the line, I have to say I lost my normal British reserve and went a bit mental for a moment.

Good for you JT (and for use of the word 'embiggen').

A perfectly cromulent word.  ;D
a great mind thinks alike

fuzzy

« Reply #106 on: 26 September, 2011, 01:28:57 pm »
A cracking performance by Team GB and, like JT, I also went a bit mental as he crossed the line. I however, was seated in front of the tellybox so Willow and Scooby were not amused ;D

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #107 on: 26 September, 2011, 01:30:50 pm »
I'm amused you name each testicle.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

fuzzy

« Reply #108 on: 26 September, 2011, 01:35:25 pm »
 ::-)

;D

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #109 on: 29 September, 2011, 11:16:38 pm »
An interesting insight into the British approach to the WC and the marginal gains that may or may not have made a difference.. http://www.i-performance.net/
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #110 on: 30 September, 2011, 12:09:42 am »
All the riders wore skinsuits (without pockets)... taking bottles and mussettes from the team soigneurs whilst riding through the feed zone rather than returning to the team car.

Not sure I can take this analysis seriously when they get basic facts wrong - skinsuits, yes, but you need pockets if you pick up a musette.

(Sorry, I need to get to the bottom of this business of wearing skinsuits in road races!)

« Reply #111 on: 11 January, 2012, 11:12:54 pm »
Does anyone happen to have the BBC (or other coverage) of the race they would be willing to burn to DVD for me please?

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #112 on: 27 January, 2012, 11:16:24 am »
I have, sorry about the delay. It took me a while to unearth the DVD, I really must tidy my study, and it's taken even longer to find a piece of software that'll copy the DVD successfully.

The DVD has the last 3h45 or thereabouts of the coverage (I watched the first hour or so at the time).  The PVR applied some compression to fit it on a single disc so it's a little fuzzy - not unlike LP VHS - but still watchable.

Just checked and VLC plays the copy OK (you'll have to set aspect ratio to 16:9).

If you want the disc send me a PM with an address and I'll bung it in the post to you. If you can get to Wanborough easily I might be able to persuade a colleague of mine to provide a poste restante facility.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #113 on: 30 January, 2012, 10:32:02 pm »
I have, sorry about the delay. It took me a while to unearth the DVD, I really must tidy my study, and it's taken even longer to find a piece of software that'll copy the DVD successfully.

The DVD has the last 3h45 or thereabouts of the coverage (I watched the first hour or so at the time).  The PVR applied some compression to fit it on a single disc so it's a little fuzzy - not unlike LP VHS - but still watchable.

Just checked and VLC plays the copy OK (you'll have to set aspect ratio to 16:9).

If you want the disc send me a PM with an address and I'll bung it in the post to you. If you can get to Wanborough easily I might be able to persuade a colleague of mine to provide a poste restante facility.

:) :)

Many thanks. You'll have a PM shortly.