Author Topic: shuttle photos  (Read 4814 times)

Si

shuttle photos
« on: 16 June, 2008, 01:15:30 pm »
I rather liked these...

shuttle pix link

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
Re: shuttle photos
« Reply #1 on: 16 June, 2008, 02:41:35 pm »
wow
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

gonzo

« Reply #2 on: 16 June, 2008, 02:46:30 pm »
wow

My thought exactly. Those might just be the most beautiful photos I've ver seen!

« Reply #3 on: 16 June, 2008, 02:48:04 pm »
That's got to be a real head-f**k. You must have you're head screwed on for that. Just imagine being all the way up there looking down on the Earth and out into the rest of the universe. If anything goes wrong there ain't no AA patrol out there.

Amazing pics.

« Reply #4 on: 16 June, 2008, 02:51:27 pm »
Obviously faked in a warehouse in Houston.  ::-)
scottclark.photoshelter.com

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: 16 June, 2008, 02:55:54 pm »
Inspiring.  Surely nobody could look upon that sight and not be humbled?

As soon as it's practicable, they should send world leaders up there to look out over what it is that they're going to screw up if they get it wrong.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: 16 June, 2008, 02:58:03 pm »
I had that link already. Lovely pictures.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

Si

« Reply #7 on: 16 June, 2008, 03:29:43 pm »

As soon as it's practicable, they should send world leaders up there to look out over what it is that they're going to screw up if they get it wrong.

Naw, they'd just start drawing lines across it, "this bit's mine", "this bit you can have", etc then the squabbling will start.  cynical: moi?

Si

« Reply #8 on: 16 June, 2008, 03:32:07 pm »
Obviously faked in a warehouse in Houston.  ::-)

Actually, I think that you are right - 5th one down you can see the blue of the earth reflected in the front windows of the shuttle, but it's facing away from the earth  ;D

Chris N

« Reply #9 on: 16 June, 2008, 03:32:30 pm »

Naw, they'd just start drawing lines across it, "this bit's mine", "this bit you can have", etc then the squabbling will start.  cynical: moi?

But once they get to that stage, you just ask them to stand in this special sealed room with two doors and flashing lights, cos the view's better through that little round window, press the big red button and whoooooosh...