Author Topic: Strava  (Read 61784 times)

Re: Strava
« Reply #375 on: 12 March, 2021, 12:34:44 pm »
It'd be quite simple for them to take the median (or whatever) speed of a segment and automatically flag anyone who goes three times faster.

The segment system doesn't seem to have changed at all in the 5+ years I've been using it, so presumably it's held together by duct tape and twine and the ghosts of long gone employees and no one dares touch it.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #376 on: 12 March, 2021, 12:38:59 pm »
The segment system doesn't seem to have changed at all in the 5+ years I've been using it, so presumably it's held together by duct tape and twine and the ghosts of long gone employees and no one dares touch it.

Also consider the sheer quantity of 'feedback' they'd receive from People Who Care About Segments if they tweaked the algorithm in any way that affected the results.

« Reply #377 on: 06 May, 2021, 11:08:57 am »
Any worthwhile new functionality along with the new edition Strava app?
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #378 on: 06 May, 2021, 03:04:26 pm »
It's mostly broken today, so who knows?

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #379 on: 06 May, 2021, 03:12:37 pm »

Search function that means I can find a ride I did years ago without having to scroll back in time.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #380 on: 06 May, 2021, 08:33:20 pm »

Search function that means I can find a ride I did years ago without having to scroll back in time.

I think that's called VeloViewer...

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #381 on: 06 May, 2021, 09:22:02 pm »

Also consider the sheer quantity of 'feedback' they'd receive from People Who Care About Segments if they tweaked the algorithm in any way that affected the results.

That's easy their response to everything is "we're a start up and..."

« Reply #382 on: 06 May, 2021, 09:24:04 pm »

That's easy their response to everything is "we're a start up and..."

I found that getting any kind of response was difficult.

Davef

« Reply #383 on: 06 May, 2021, 09:42:27 pm »
Seems quite slick at going through previous rides and route collection. Might be better if I hadn’t left 99% of my rides called “morning ride”

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #384 on: 07 May, 2021, 12:04:16 am »
Seems quite slick at going through previous rides and route collection. Might be better if I hadn’t left 99% of my rides called “morning ride”

Ride more at other times of day... :p

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #385 on: 07 May, 2021, 12:07:14 am »
I managed a rare afternoon ride today, started at 1757.

« Reply #386 on: 07 May, 2021, 04:00:42 pm »

I’d prefer it, if I could just pull up rides from certain dates.  I like to compare similar rides a year apart to see how my averages are holding up (or not)

Davef

Strava
« Reply #387 on: 07 May, 2021, 04:48:01 pm »

I’d prefer it, if I could just pull up rides from certain dates.  I like to compare similar rides a year apart to see how my averages are holding up (or not)
You can in the new app. When you click on search by title or description it then allows filtering by date, distance, time, elevation. Unfortunately the filtering by distance facility does not consider the long distance community.

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #388 on: 09 May, 2021, 12:39:25 pm »
You can do that in Calendar View on the web version.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #389 on: 09 May, 2021, 08:32:02 pm »

OK, hands up, who broke strava?

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #390 on: 09 May, 2021, 08:34:50 pm »
OK, hands up, who broke strava?

It was a sunny Sunday afternoon... probably we all did.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #391 on: 09 May, 2021, 08:40:00 pm »
The Strava computer under the desk was accidentally unplugged.

citoyen

« Reply #392 on: 01 July, 2021, 11:02:30 am »
I had a moment of realisation this morning - it occurred to me that I should move my Strava bookmark in Safari from the 'fitness' folder to the 'social' folder, because that's where I instinctively go to look for it.

« Reply #393 on: 10 July, 2021, 09:39:03 pm »
Anyone know how to get round this, please?:

Strava won't show me anything except "Strava Free App for Android and iPhone... DOWNLOAD", which I can't remove.

(Attempting to download the [unwanted] app doesn't work anyway)

My life is suspended until this is sorted out!!

« Reply #394 on: 10 July, 2021, 09:59:17 pm »
Assuming you’re on the website, the Log In button is hidden behind the three horizontal lines icon.

« Reply #395 on: 11 July, 2021, 06:25:14 am »
Many thanks, grams!

I'd tried that icon, but it seemed to lead to an unresponsive page. With your encouragement, I tried the "search" on that page, and it did get me back to the normal options.

citoyen

« Reply #396 on: 12 August, 2021, 10:27:24 am »
Apparently, I am now the "local legend" on "Butlers bottom" and "Up the bog hole". I'm sure this is something to be proud of.

« Reply #397 on: 12 August, 2021, 10:19:21 pm »
I like the new privacy update. Can now see what parts of my rides others can and cannot see and exclude certain data from view.

« Reply #398 on: 12 August, 2021, 10:32:06 pm »
Apparently, I am now the "local legend" on "Butlers bottom" and "Up the bog hole". I'm sure this is something to be proud of.

Absolutely! :thumbsup:

« Reply #399 on: 01 September, 2021, 08:14:12 pm »
It seems that Strava Beacon is now available for anyone to use whether a paid up member or a cheapskate like me: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/224357527-Strava-Beacon