Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2467238 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #14550 on: 01 November, 2012, 05:53:06 pm »
Still getting over Danny Baker's show being axed on BBC London. I'm furious and sad.
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #14551 on: 01 November, 2012, 07:59:30 pm »
Sitting, slightly muddily, on a northern bus train to Leeds, thinking hurrah for NSAIDs and looking forward to some rather fine bruises and, quite possibly scabs. I may have managed a real CrinklySpecial of a.prat fall on Armpied beach. But appear to have a full set of working elbows, knees, ankles etc. Thumb is a bit dodgy, but with 2 brufen and 2 paracetamol on board seems up to texting so I reckon it's just soft tissue...

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #14552 on: 01 November, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »
Wondering where the hell all my zip-ties have got to.

Having sorted out the cabling for the brakes on the green Genesis, all that remains is to zip-tie the cable to the handy braze-ons which have been thoughtfully provided for cable-retention purposes. Or rather, I would if I could remember where the sodding zip-ties actually were.

I have a feeling that I've tidied them up into a place so safe that I've completely forgotten where it is.

Also, wishing that the new IT director of $VERY_LARGE_CUSTOMER would die in a fire - thanks to him, it's likely that spare time is going to be at a premium for the next 10-14 days due to our transatlantic counterparts making promises on our behalf without actually telling us first  >:(

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #14553 on: 02 November, 2012, 08:40:24 am »
Hoping that the dentists, when I phone them at 9 am, will have an emergency slot for me. I'm certain I broke an already dodgy molar yesterday and I'm sure it needs to come out. I've been living on Ibuprofen and I hate taking pain killers.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
« Reply #14554 on: 02 November, 2012, 08:48:07 am »
Cleaning the oven is for lusers. Lining it with Lakeland oven liner sheets and washing them now and again is a much more sensible plan.

I had this same cunning plan, the only thing is I would need to clean the oven floor to fit the liner in the first place, which I haven't yet managed to motivate myself to do. My last oven got as bit skanky but I avoided ever cleaning it by it breaking down and replacing it with a new clean one.

And I thought it was just me.  I always take these "self-cleaning" ovens at their word. Unfortunately they only self-clean certain parts.
Owner of a languishing Langster

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #14555 on: 02 November, 2012, 08:49:29 am »
OvenU.

They are the answer.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #14556 on: 02 November, 2012, 09:11:38 am »
Hoping that the dentists, when I phone them at 9 am, will have an emergency slot for me. I'm certain I broke an already dodgy molar yesterday and I'm sure it needs to come out. I've been living on Ibuprofen and I hate taking pain killers.

9.55 appointment.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #14557 on: 02 November, 2012, 09:53:32 am »
Waiting for the rain to stop so I can take the protection off and do some preparing before I administer a good filling.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #14558 on: 03 November, 2012, 04:00:58 pm »
Wondering where the hell all my zip-ties have got to. ...

I dunno, but I thought we were getting a  bit low at work, so I bought a thousand the other day (four different sizes and five different colours!)

I've just been playing with my new Teensy 3s.  It took a while, because Teensy Loader wouldn't "see" the Teensy, but eventually I worked out that the Beta version of Teensyduino has a built in version of Teensy Loader which it invokes automagically when you upload a sketch.  Having the older (incompatible) version of Teensy Loader running, meant it didn't load up it's Teensy Loader, because it thought it was already up.  Cured by killing Teensy Loader, and just let Teensyduino do its thing automagically.

Then a minor bit of head scratching before I worked out that they've also moved the LED onto Pin 13 (instead of Pin 11 on the Teensy 2, and Pin 6 on the Teensy 2+).  I'm not even going to look at touching any of the other hardware pins! (yet)
Actually, it is rocket science.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #14559 on: 03 November, 2012, 06:57:49 pm »
I'm about to go out for a free firework display as I notch up a few miles.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #14560 on: 03 November, 2012, 07:27:32 pm »
Trying, and failing to figure out a way of reconfiguring my kitchen so I can have chest level ovens without losing worktop space.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

LindaG

« Reply #14561 on: 03 November, 2012, 07:56:39 pm »
Kicking Crusty's ass on the Wii.

Ho yuss   :smug:

I am a champion golfer I am.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #14562 on: 03 November, 2012, 08:03:30 pm »
Cleaning up after a fettling session and quick rip round the block on the newly-built Genesis singlespeed.

Then, once I've had something to eat, I intend to go and do some grocery shopping - most folks are either parked in front of the TV or in the pub, so the shopping experience becomes rather more bearable as a result :)

« Reply #14563 on: 03 November, 2012, 08:13:24 pm »
Getting all the scores wrong on strictly. And waiting for Merlin to start.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #14564 on: 04 November, 2012, 11:48:02 pm »
Suffering after inflicting a total ambition:ability mismatch on myself.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #14565 on: 05 November, 2012, 06:14:41 pm »
Wondering for the 2nd night where on earth I left my winter boots in the spring.
Looking in dark corners with a head torch.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #14566 on: 05 November, 2012, 06:19:07 pm »
Wishing this lurgy would work out which organs to infect and get on with it.

« Reply #14567 on: 05 November, 2012, 06:27:17 pm »
I've just had a chat with my daughter about how we can save electricity and gas. She had no concept of the difference between me leaving a light with a low energy bulb in it on when we are all out, and leaving the kitchen and utility room lights on all night (8x50w halogens!). I have LED replacement bulbs on order to massively reduce that now. She seemed very unimpressed that I am planning on turning the TV off at the switch in future.

I am considering shutting the main pond filter pump down over the winter months when I don't feed the Koi, and always shutting down the PC when going to bed unless it's doing some stupid download or upgrade.

I have just switched my electricity and gas provider to get a 2 year fixed tariff. I worked out in the past 12 months I have spent £1800 on combined fuel. That is more than I am prepared to spend this coming year especially since there are now only 2 of us living here most of the time.

What are you doing right now?
« Reply #14568 on: 05 November, 2012, 11:01:29 pm »
Finishing up a pint of Bengal Lancer before getting chucked out of Cambridge Arms

What are you doing right now?
« Reply #14569 on: 05 November, 2012, 11:02:15 pm »
And wondering whether I can face more Mahler 5 rehearsals ...

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #14570 on: 06 November, 2012, 01:23:41 pm »
Writing an exceptionally dry homework essay on the "Support Mechanisms for Biodiversity Conservation in the UK"
So dry it is, I can't even add pretty pictures to liven it up..... 1/4 of the way through the assignment, and ~1200 words!   :o

« Reply #14571 on: 06 November, 2012, 11:45:00 pm »
Removing sweary words from a variety of client-directed emails what I will send soon in advance of tomorrows bust ups...

« Reply #14572 on: 07 November, 2012, 01:47:23 am »
Now I'm swearing at the Altura 'feature' that let's you change your bike briefcase thing from a rack with a dimension of x to one with a dimension of y tube diameters.
I need to use the other bike due to borked back wheel, but I don't like the need to lose fingers, blood and patience in doing a simple thing like changing the little grey clamp bits on the briefcase. Almost ranting now.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #14573 on: 07 November, 2012, 03:25:28 am »
Not sleeping :(

« Reply #14574 on: 07 November, 2012, 08:10:56 am »
Sitting in a very pleasant Italian deli /cafe eating bacon sandwich with great coffee. Probably hasn't changed since my Dad was in London in the late 60's. Just been quoted £19.50 for Light breakfast in the Russell hotel next door. F knows what the full English option costs. I know where I shall have breakfast tomorrow.