Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1624302 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #4000 on: 17 October, 2013, 12:26:32 pm »
I was wrong about the rain. It did stop. Yesterday afternoon. Ten minutes after I got home yesterday afternoon. >:(

The weather gods strongly believe that the essence of comedy is all in the timing.  :demon: ;)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #4001 on: 18 October, 2013, 09:38:39 pm »
I can't remember whether it was in this thread that there was some complaining about irrelevant music on websites. Well, http://pzhgp.wielun.pl/ click if you dare.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4002 on: 22 October, 2013, 11:20:46 am »
How can this clinic go from being "30 minutes late" when I arrived (35 minutes early for my appointment, as it happens) to being "90 minutes late" over the course of the next half an hour?
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #4003 on: 22 October, 2013, 11:23:47 am »
If I am flogging a bike, don't be sending me PMs offering me a ridiculously low amount for it. I think a one-word answer was the most you deserved. (This was another another place, I add...)
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4004 on: 22 October, 2013, 12:05:28 pm »
How can this clinic go from being "30 minutes late" when I arrived (35 minutes early for my appointment, as it happens) to being "90 minutes late" over the course of the next half an hour?

Oh, and it's not 90 minutes late as is still being displayed: it's already 110 minutes since the time of my appointment :-/

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #4005 on: 22 October, 2013, 01:35:20 pm »
Fewer staff in clinic than expected?  If a doc is expected and doesn't turn up, it doubles the workload for remaining people...

110 mins is a bit of a pisstake tho, I'd be inclined to chunter and see if you can be seen sooner.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #4006 on: 22 October, 2013, 02:23:14 pm »
Well, I was eventually seen, just under two hours after the appointment time.

The session itself only took 10 minutes (possibly less!), but the news is good :) - the bone is healing well, and there's no ligament damage, so from now on, I can remove the wrist splint (wearing it only in "uncontrolled" situations... I guess basically in situations where I might expect to tweak my wrist).  The consultant also said that I can start back on the bike as soon as it feels comfortable to do so.  ;D   (Sorry - veering a bit off-topic for the "Grumble" thread, and into the "Good News" arena)

« Reply #4007 on: 22 October, 2013, 03:27:16 pm »
ah, fracture clinic.

Notorious for A&E just booking eeryone in to be seen at 8am so they start the day on time but with 20 patients for 4 appointments.

Glad to hear you will be back on your bike shortly

My Grumble:

Sodding hip, sort yourself out, I only spent 2.5 hours on Sunday stood up and 4 the car. I should not be still dosing up to the eyeballs on codine.
Trying to decide if I should go back to hte GP and see if we can push the hospital to accelerate the surgery or if I should wait till week 17 (Feb).

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4008 on: 22 October, 2013, 07:24:47 pm »
The consultant remarked this morning that he was seeing me precisely at my appointment time.  This seems to be a rare event.
Getting there...

« Reply #4009 on: 22 October, 2013, 07:45:41 pm »
The consultant remarked this morning that he was seeing me precisely at my appointment time. 

Three days late mind you.... ;)
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4010 on: 23 October, 2013, 11:03:22 am »
Michael Ball filling for Ken Bruce today.

I am amused by his time-filling before PopMaster (last time he was heavily criticised by listeners for starting thirty seconds early).

I am pleased that he can competently helm PopMaster (despite not knowing of The Equals :facepalm: - I'll put that down to the pressure of the quiz), unlike Zoe Ball or Claudia Winkelman, who regularly make a complete hash of it.

I was pleased to hear Private Investigations.  While not particularly a fan of Dire Straits, I did have the albums up to and including Love Over Gold, and Private Investigations is one track I do like.

However, to follow it with Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines would have been bad enough just for being a crap record, but, more importantly, I don't want to hear music that's a bit rapey on Radio 2.  >:(
Getting there...

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #4011 on: 23 October, 2013, 02:20:42 pm »
There's a rather cool double rainbow arcing over the harbour, but I don't have a camera with me  :(

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4012 on: 23 October, 2013, 02:45:38 pm »
Toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

fuzzy

« Reply #4013 on: 23 October, 2013, 03:04:33 pm »
Toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache.

Is that to the same tune as Badger Badger Badger Badger?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4014 on: 23 October, 2013, 03:34:32 pm »
If T42 has mushrooms and snakes as well, I can understand the toothache, but the dentist might be daunted.
Getting there...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4015 on: 23 October, 2013, 03:52:33 pm »
Dentist is grinning and chanting "crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown".

Chris S

« Reply #4016 on: 23 October, 2013, 04:44:04 pm »
Dentist is grinning and chanting "crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown crown".

Are you posting live from The Chair of Pain?  :o

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4017 on: 23 October, 2013, 04:47:32 pm »
Is it safe? :o
Getting there...

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #4018 on: 25 October, 2013, 08:21:09 am »
At 6.30 this morning, with a temperature of 12C and light drizzle, a gritting lorry went past my house with stuff spraying out of the back.
 WTF ???
Were they expecting the temerature to plummet, or are Central Beds Council not as hard-up as they try and make out?

Now I've got to wash bloody rock salt off my bike.

Bastards >:(
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4019 on: 25 October, 2013, 10:00:52 am »

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #4020 on: 25 October, 2013, 01:49:53 pm »
I think I have tennis elbow  >:(
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #4021 on: 25 October, 2013, 03:38:21 pm »
At 6.30 this morning, with a temperature of 12C and light drizzle, a gritting lorry went past my house with stuff spraying out of the back.
 WTF ???
Were they expecting the temerature to plummet, or are Central Beds Council not as hard-up as they try and make out?

Now I've got to wash bloody rock salt off my bike.

Bastards >:(
Grink letter to local paper about waste of money. They'll love it.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #4022 on: 25 October, 2013, 07:59:24 pm »
Oh crap.  Some gitinavan is hauling loads of disco gear into the pub.  I'd better bugger off home.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4023 on: 26 October, 2013, 09:08:58 am »
So... did you groove the night away to the Adrian Naff Sounds?
Getting there...

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #4024 on: 26 October, 2013, 09:20:31 am »
I'm an idiot. I've somehow managed to lose a whole hour changing the freewheel on the singlespeed and readjusting the tension. Now I don't have the time to make it to the ride I was planning on doing :facepalm:
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!