Author Topic: What would you like to feedback to PBP organisers good and bad  (Read 20874 times)

Re: What would you like to feedback to PBP organisers good and bad
« Reply #75 on: 26 September, 2019, 05:58:51 pm »
-more toilets
-cosier arrival area: for those arriving at night there was only a cold tent. While on the road I dreamt that the buvette area would have a large campfire with some benches, maybe in small tents to hang out for a few hours to wait for incoming mates. This was best in 2011 when the small arrival (stamp) place/hall was an international meeting place. Spent from 4 in the morning until noon there and this was a highlight of 2011. 2015 not good (there was no beer at 10.00 :-( )
-Not sure of the motorcycles. Some passed me quite closely.
-Can something be done about the speeding lorries? Can the organisers talk to the authortiesto ban these at least from some of the more narrow roads during the event?

Everthing else very nice and I am very grateful to all volunteers!

Re: What would you like to feedback to PBP organisers good and bad
« Reply #76 on: 18 October, 2019, 05:32:14 pm »
Invite every control to provide an external standpipe with multiple (say 6+) taps offering potable water best sited on the exit route from the control (ie stamping) location, well signed and ideally under (a) light(s) at night.
I thought that, without exception, the volunteers manning the desks (stamping) were both good-humoured and efficient, whatever hour of the day (or night) it was.
Bigger better signs with more reflective arrow-shaped material, please, with a warning arrow (100m) before a turning off (a priority road).
If 'fly-through' videos of the controls have been locally produced: gather, archive and share them in 2023 for the benefit of volunteers and riders alike.