Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 05:16:54 pm »
Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps Please - Splodgenessabounds
On The Road / Re: Cyclist who knocked down and killed pensioner
« Last post by alfapete on Today at 05:12:44 pm »
He was incredibly lucky that witness was there.
Not really. Without the witness there would have been no evidence on which to convict. It's only the media who start out from a position of presumed guilt, not the judiciary.
Online quizzes / Re: Squaredle
« Last post by Pingu on Today at 05:09:07 pm »
I played https://squaredle.com 05/07:
*27/27 words (+1 bonus word)
🎯 In the top 9% by accuracy
🔥 Solve streak: 40
« Last post by freeflow on Today at 05:08:10 pm »
Cyclist who knocked down and killed pensioner, 81, while she walked across the road in London's Regent's Park - amid fury that he was spared prosecution because 'speeding laws don't apply to bikes'How should CTC/CUK BC LCC IWGBCB (if at all) respond to this report?

Is this a new low for Phillip?.  At least we got a somewhat erroneous comment with the URL's this time.
Rides and Touring / Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Last post by psyclist on Today at 05:06:41 pm »
I'm aiming to be out
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 04:49:11 pm »
Pinball Wizard - The Who
« Last post by jwo on Today at 04:45:30 pm »
  • The law already allows people to be prosecuted for riding a bicycle dangerously or without due care and attention.
  • Bicycles are not usually equipped with speedometers, nor are they obliged to be equipped, so enforcing some absolute speed limit is not practical
  • The number of people injured or killed because of excessive motor vehicle speed is a factor of thousands greater than those from bicycles. A combination of physics, opportunity and general vulnerability of people on bicycles.

Almost any media coverage of this, when prompted by an individual incident, will drown out these core facts.
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 04:41:54 pm »
An independent witness said the cyclist was not at fault.  That will have been a non-cyclist.  That's why he wasn't charged.
He was incredibly lucky that witness was there.
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by T42 on Today at 04:34:23 pm »
Not getting on with the pedals on the Trek, decided to swap them with those on the Ti Warhorse.  Took them off the Trek with no problems, ditto one of the Warhorse's, but the RH one will not shift, even under the influence of my 1.5 hammer.  And yes, I was trying to unscrew it the right way.

Right, sez I, Decathlon tomorrow, new SPDs.  You'll be lucky, sez MrsT: tomorrow's a holiday, Thursday's Ascension.  And here's me wanting to ride on Friday. Arse.
« Last post by De Sisti on Today at 04:30:26 pm »
The message some will take from this totally avoidable tragedy is that cyclists know they are above the law and act irresponsibly which has potential to generate further animosity towards cyclists. There is a danger that all cyclists, particularly the 'lycra brigade', will be seen through the same lense that Brian Fitzgerald and Muswell Hill Peloton are viewed.
On radio four just after 6am today, Mishal Husain said there would be an item on the programme
about irresponsible cycling. I immediately chose to switch to a different radio station. I wonder
if she was referring the incident upthread?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10