Author Topic: Dahon Road Bike  (Read 3971 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Dahon Road Bike
« on: 15 April, 2008, 05:35:04 pm »
Saw an interesting beast in Stratton Cycles today.  It was a Dahon road bike, with reasonable equipment, it seems.  Not strictly folding, but demountable, with the two main triangles separating completely, so it can be packed very small for travelling - into one suitcase maybe?

Pretty neat, I reckon.  Reminds me of a Ridley model I saw reviewed somewhere a few months back.  Breakaway, IIRC...

Price was over £1k, but I can't remember how much...
Getting there...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Dahon Road Bike
« Reply #1 on: 15 April, 2008, 08:42:20 pm »
If I didn't have an S&S Frezoni I'd get the Dahon Tournado myself.  It uses the Ritchey Breakaway system, which is a bit lighter than S&S couplers.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2 on: 15 April, 2008, 08:47:34 pm »
Ooh yeah - that was the fella, though it was a lot prettier than the one in the photo...
Getting there...

bikenerd

« Reply #3 on: 16 April, 2008, 01:37:23 pm »
And the new Smooth Hound is similarly demountable but with 20" wheels for a full Moulton copy! :)  When they released the non-demountable bike last year I thought they'd missed an opportunity.  Now it is demountable it doesn't have suspension.  Would having suspension be too near a Moulton, in terms of patent infringements?

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4 on: 16 April, 2008, 01:41:48 pm »
If I didn't have an S&S Frezoni I'd get the Dahon Tournado myself.  It uses the Ritchey Breakaway system, which is a bit lighter than S&S couplers.

I like the hover-overs on that site, if you look carefully at the little icons below and to the right of the bike picture they show (according to the hover overs) that the bike is a road bike, use Xtreme Performance components, has 700 inch wheels (!!) and has a sport riding postion
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #5 on: 24 April, 2008, 08:37:04 am »
I'd like a blend of the Smooth Hound and Hammerhead... Yum!  :P
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

« Reply #6 on: 24 April, 2008, 09:01:26 am »
gits. that's almost exactly what i was looking for... Shame it's brown.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #7 on: 24 April, 2008, 10:06:14 am »
Shame it's brown.

It is a nice brown.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...