Author Topic: Can I join in?  (Read 3544 times)

vince

Can I join in?
« on: 19 August, 2008, 06:28:12 pm »
I have received a note from the flat management company to say that I cannot keep my Ridgeback in the cupboard under the stairs  >:(

The bathroom is already full with my road bike and Audax bike, so the Ridgeback has to go into store at the old folks home in Wales  :(

So I've just ordered this :)

Re: Can I join in?
« Reply #1 on: 19 August, 2008, 06:49:05 pm »
The bathroom is already full with my road bike and Audax bike ...

So where do you wash then?  One limb at a time into the kitchen sink?  I don't even want to know about the loo...

Still, n+1 can't be avoided. :thumbsup:
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2008, 09:13:59 pm »
Lovely!
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

vince

« Reply #3 on: 21 August, 2008, 08:11:52 pm »
Hmm, kinda underwhelmed at the moment. I'm not going to post a review until I've given it a fair shot. It's like a bike, but not.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #4 on: 22 August, 2008, 02:20:07 pm »
Welcome to the folder fold :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #5 on: 22 August, 2008, 02:21:44 pm »
Hmm, kinda underwhelmed at the moment. I'm not going to post a review until I've given it a fair shot. It's like a bike, but not.

Ta-ta-ta... Get used to the bike first indeed; they can be pushed.
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #6 on: 15 September, 2008, 12:06:09 am »

Don't worry about it.

Everyone on here who rides 'that other bike' seems to be convinced that they can fettle improve the lousy ride despite parting with a month and a half's wages for something that bobs when you pedal, has shite gear ratios and the seatpost ain't long enough.

So they don't know if they like theirs yet, either!

*tongue very firmly in cheek and No! I ain't bought one yet. It's loads easier to get to work an hour early so I get a parking space!

luv'n'stuff

J
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #7 on: 15 September, 2008, 06:39:41 am »
I like mine.  It's ideal for chasing Miss Z around the patio and it's OK on the road - in fact, I might ride it to work today.  For about £10 you can buy two jubilee clips for the suspension, a bigger sprocket and order the right length seatpost in the first place (it costs no extra).
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: 15 September, 2008, 08:58:04 am »
I have received a note from the flat management company to say that I cannot keep my Ridgeback in the cupboard under the stairs  >:(

As long as you take it for regular walks like any large dog I can't see the problem.

« Reply #9 on: 15 September, 2008, 11:57:43 am »
And me. I've just bought a second-hand Airnimal Joey to keep in London. I need a new tyre, dual-purpose pedals,and a rack. I see the racks on the Airnimal website seem to be 700c sized and sit a long way above the wheel, whereas I was imagining something that fitted rather lower. I wonder whether anyone makes decent racks for a 24" wheel.