Author Topic: One's patience is wearing thin...  (Read 10742 times)

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
Re: One's patience is wearing thin...
« Reply #50 on: 23 May, 2012, 12:41:47 am »

Mine has been a similar year Chris. I tend to be able to excuse myself a DNS, because there is usually a good reason. DNFing the Porkers the other weekend really pissed me off, my first DNF, on a ride that is part of my great aim for the season. Life has just got in the way so far this year, but I guess Audax is not everything.

Hold hard there Slackbladder while I slap you with a wet fish calendar wielded by one good and working arm  :hand:

Before you start dribbling miserably into your Horlicks, may I remind you that all is not lost and that both of us have until the end of September to finish the Wessex SR.
 :smug:

Whilst it is TRUE that we will miss the easy bonhomie of the chums that are riding this weekend, the luxury of Arthur and Drew's establishment and the sparkling good weather, we will be able to relish Wessex in it's pre-Autumnal glory with bodily and career related challenges dim and distant memories.

All is not lost - keep the course true and your saddlebag bulging as things will improve, even though these two Perms may seem quite challenging without any shelter in the ~130k of night riding without a homely control on either.  :P

H

« Reply #51 on: 25 May, 2012, 07:29:27 pm »

Mine has been a similar year Chris. I tend to be able to excuse myself a DNS, because there is usually a good reason. DNFing the Porkers the other weekend really pissed me off, my first DNF, on a ride that is part of my great aim for the season. Life has just got in the way so far this year, but I guess Audax is not everything.

Hold hard there Slackbladder while I slap you with a wet fish calendar wielded by one good and working arm  :hand:

Before you start dribbling miserably into your Horlicks, may I remind you that all is not lost and that both of us have until the end of September to finish the Wessex SR.
 :smug:

Whilst it is TRUE that we will miss the easy bonhomie of the chums that are riding this weekend, the luxury of Arthur and Drew's establishment and the sparkling good weather, we will be able to relish Wessex in it's pre-Autumnal glory with bodily and career related challenges dim and distant memories.

All is not lost - keep the course true and your saddlebag bulging as things will improve, even though these two Perms may seem quite challenging without any shelter in the ~130k of night riding without a homely control on either.  :P

H

Where abouts are you in need of a homely control? If it's anywhere near here then I could offer refuge, beds and epic quantities of food!

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #52 on: 26 May, 2012, 03:53:29 pm »
That is very kind of you sweety. :thumbsup:

PM me with your whereabouts and I will see if it would work.

H