Author Topic: Skyfall and other Bond theme tunes  (Read 2212 times)

librarian

• Quiet please
Skyfall and other Bond theme tunes
« on: 29 October, 2012, 09:34:04 pm »
I used to have a tape of the all the Bond themes when I was 17. I used to listen to it when driving around in my mothers MkII Cavalier (Bond had to go under cover sometimes you know) I was driving through town one day and the theme came on. I was suddenly aware of being followed by SMERSH. The traffic ahead had stopped as a bus was in the way. The first "DER DER DA DERRRR!" came in, so I slammed it into first, went round all the cars in front and squeezed past the bus to make my escape. The gap wasn't really wide enough, but that never put Bond off so I carried on - scrapping the passenger side wing mirror down the length of the bus. The driver (who I was pretty sure was a SMERSH operative) started shouting stuff, so before he could kill me, I turned down a side street leaving my pursuers in a cloud of tyre smoke.

I had some explaining to do when I got home - like why the nearside mirror was dangling off the side of the car and I had to keep my head down for weeks. Every time I saw the number 32 bus with a thick black scrape down its side I was reminded of my lucky escape...