Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 864688 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #1300 on: 12 August, 2011, 11:28:04 am »
Extra baggage allowance (for the bike) on my flight home from Paris.

Spesh 700x20-28 inner tubes were 10 for £19.95 at Condor yesterday.
Also got some Nuun and a new rack mount for a Cateye light.

Due to the time it took Condor to get my bike sorted out they gave me some free shorts too. Will try them out before PBP but I can always reserve them for the final day when I'll double up on shorts (worked a treat on LEL).

Will be going home via Halfords to pick up some bidons with caps (to avoid gut rot from animal crap on the rural French roads).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #1301 on: 12 August, 2011, 01:13:03 pm »
Some bar ends for MrsLurker's bike from (whisper it) Halfrauds.  An experiment to see if we can sort out neck pain on longer rides.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #1302 on: 12 August, 2011, 01:33:24 pm »
Bought no cycling stuff today.    :(
I'll be a poor student as from next month so I'll ask Santa nicely if I can get a front dynamo hub wheel for xmas!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1303 on: 12 August, 2011, 02:43:28 pm »
I took delivery of a packaged form Bridgwater this morning, containing a Rigida Andra Carbide rim, 26" diameter, and a set of Swissstop Blue blocks.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1304 on: 12 August, 2011, 02:47:10 pm »
Releasable cable ties.  Combined with the presta-valved tubes in assorted comedy sizes, souwester and SCUBA gear, I should be all set for this even-numbered[1] Exmouth Exodus.

[1] The Star Trek movie rule applies.

« Reply #1305 on: 12 August, 2011, 03:06:32 pm »
A couple of Michelin Krylion carbons to fit to the Mavic Kysrium Elites I got earlier in the week.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #1306 on: 13 August, 2011, 08:24:24 pm »
Ordered a Gatorksin folding 25c from Chain Reaction £21.95 - same price as the wired version so seemed a bit of a bargain, as the RRP is £5 more

Will match an odd one I have lying around- bad form to have mismatched fornt and back tyres as you all know  ::-)

« Reply #1307 on: 13 August, 2011, 08:27:47 pm »
Halfords really are pants. The last three items I have visited them for they did not have in stock. Today was cable ends and crimping tool. Had the ends but no tool. Managed to get one from B and Q at laughable cost.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1308 on: 13 August, 2011, 09:14:04 pm »
A couple of Michelin Krylion carbons to fit to the Mavic Kysrium Elites I got earlier in the week.

I have become very fond of those tyres, since switching to them.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1309 on: 19 August, 2011, 12:20:04 am »
Not counting my chickens, but I believe I have been able to locate a source of unobtanium...

« Reply #1310 on: 19 August, 2011, 12:33:22 pm »
Not counting my chickens, but I believe I have been able to locate a source of unobtanium...

Is that so you can rustle up a suspensor field generator to nullify the weight of the aforementioned SCUBA gear?  ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1311 on: 19 August, 2011, 01:52:54 pm »
Yesterday I bought one of the On-One In-bred 29ers and front and rear mechs for same.

Today i have purchased some replacement parts for my Sidis. 
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

tiermat

« Reply #1312 on: 19 August, 2011, 03:15:41 pm »
Have just ordered the disc brakes from the LBS, same price as CRC, but without the fraud risk or postage costs :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1313 on: 19 August, 2011, 03:20:33 pm »
After the fourth parcel turned up today, my wife asked me if I had any money left ;D

Bling new wheels being fitted later :thumbsup:

LindaG

« Reply #1314 on: 19 August, 2011, 03:22:48 pm »
Eventually we'll all have to set up home together in a big shack made of cardboard boxes with "Wiggle" and "CRC" and "Bike+" printed on the sides.

« Reply #1315 on: 19 August, 2011, 03:26:42 pm »
Eventually we'll all have to set up home together in a big shack made of cardboard boxes with "Wiggle" and "CRC" and "Bike+" printed on the sides.

I've probably got enough for a small bungalow already :-[, really ought to take the cardboard to the tip

tiermat

« Reply #1316 on: 19 August, 2011, 03:34:48 pm »
After the fourth parcel turned up today, my wife asked me if I had any money left ;D

ooooo, what did you buy?

I can't wait to get into the garage bike shed and start fettling my InBred (that sounds so wrong on so many levels)

« Reply #1317 on: 19 August, 2011, 03:37:14 pm »
Six peanut butter clif bars, two Co-op cherry genoa cakes and a tin of ambrosia rice pudding!   ;D

Tim

« Reply #1318 on: 19 August, 2011, 03:40:42 pm »
I bought the travel insurance with added cycle touring cover.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1319 on: 19 August, 2011, 06:36:45 pm »
New shoes because I left mine at home :(

Resisted the temptation of the shiny at Royles.

« Reply #1320 on: 19 August, 2011, 08:12:18 pm »

ooooo, what did you buy?

I can't wait to get into the garage bike shed and start fettling my InBred (that sounds so wrong on so many levels)

Blingy new wheels for the Cayo ( picture posted in Members bikes)  and new tyres and some tubes and some serious  upgrade garage door security :thumbsup:

AnthCC

« Reply #1321 on: 19 August, 2011, 08:30:44 pm »
New On-One long-sleeved merino jersey arrived today. Veeeery nice.

Last LBS visit to get some new brakes for the MTB resulted in me getting a ridiculous deal on some Avid Elixir Code-R Carbons. I like my LBS.

« Reply #1322 on: 19 August, 2011, 10:42:18 pm »
New shoes because I left mine at home :(

Resisted the temptation of the shiny at Royles.

You're a strong man Paul  ;)

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #1323 on: 20 August, 2011, 01:52:26 pm »
Brake Cables: Orange.
Gear Cables: Orange.
Electrical Wire: Orange.
Zip Ties: Orange.

Only the first two were from an Online cycling retailer (Those lovely SJS people).  The last two were from two random petrolhead/drifting/dip-me-in-superglue-and-ramraid-Halfords Online retailers.  I feel rather dirty now. :sick:

Never mind.  I'm sure they'd feel worse if they knew their beloved products were going to end up on a "pushbike".
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #1324 on: 20 August, 2011, 06:52:54 pm »
New shoes! Been on order for about 3 weeks. Finally arrived, & they fit. That's a rarity with me & shoes. Lake MX-85 in wide fitting - hence the delay in getting them.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897