Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 862956 times)

groucho

• Humph!!
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #250 on: 20 July, 2010, 04:25:37 pm »
A 10 speed Sram 1070 chain.
Faith, hope and gluttony.........

« Reply #251 on: 20 July, 2010, 05:24:15 pm »
Wiggle box arrived this morning (yippee!) with a Topeak Joe Blow Sprint track pump and some Castelli short fingered gloves. Delivery driver commented 'wow you're dressed today'  :o

Pumped up my tyres from 30 (oops) to 100 psi and went for a spin up and down Cheddar Gorge. The track pump seems a nice bit of kit with the pressure gauge at the top where I can see it easily, and has a nice double headed end. I can now do the Dun Run with some air in my tyres  :)

blundershot

« Reply #252 on: 20 July, 2010, 05:41:06 pm »
You normally receive your wiggles undressed?

:o

« Reply #253 on: 20 July, 2010, 06:43:04 pm »
You normally receive your wiggles undressed?

:o

ofc!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #254 on: 20 July, 2010, 07:54:37 pm »
Extra discount that way, or just ensures the delivery driver really does come to the door? ;)
Getting there...

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #255 on: 29 July, 2010, 01:46:01 pm »
A new cap for non-commuting cycling.  What you can't tell from the picture is that it's very light.

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Tim

« Reply #256 on: 29 July, 2010, 01:47:01 pm »
There is a new road morph awaiting my collection at the LBS when I can next drop by during opening hours.

« Reply #257 on: 29 July, 2010, 01:47:04 pm »
A new cap for non-commuting cycling.  What you can't tell from the picture is that it's very light.

Carbon Fibre?
Actually, it is rocket science.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #258 on: 29 July, 2010, 02:13:18 pm »
I like the go-faster stripes.Usefull for non-commuting quickly

corshamjim

« Reply #259 on: 01 August, 2010, 10:25:58 pm »
I finally succumbed to purchasing a GPS today (Garmin Dakota 20) and OpenCycleMap to go in it.  I'm looking forward to contributing some more to OSM so will probably need to buy another OpenCycleMap card once I'm finished!  ;D

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #260 on: 02 August, 2010, 12:10:49 am »
Just ordered a pair of Schwalbe Durano Plus tyres for my fixie.

Oddly, none of the usual UK online retailers appear to have had them in stock for at least a couple of weeks - does anyone happen to know if there are supply issues at the moment?

Anyway, I ordered them from Starbike in Germany in the end - they claim to have them in stock, and even with the 15 Euro delivery charge and 2.75% commission on my credit card, they don't work out any more expensive than buying them from the UK.

Still, £60 for a pair of tyres... ouch. They'd better be all they're cracked up to be. (If they are all they're cracked up to be, that's probably a bargain, to be fair.)

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #261 on: 02 August, 2010, 08:02:22 pm »
A new 'Citizen Chain' jersey. Got a discount on condition that I send them a picture of me wearing it in London :thumbsup:

« Reply #262 on: 02 August, 2010, 08:36:49 pm »
Just bought and fitted a replacement set of Shimano Deore v-brakes and levers.   Much freer than the 3 year old Scott versions that the bike arrived with.  Probably would have got away with new levers and cables but decided to have a nice matching combo.  Bought from my (almost) LBS in Letchworth as it gave me an excuse to visit people that I've dealt with for several years, have a chat and a coffee and a loyalty discount.

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #263 on: 10 August, 2010, 05:06:44 pm »
Requested LBS get new Firmtech caliper.  This idiot overtightened the bridge cable and stripped the thread in the caliper :'(

Tim

« Reply #264 on: 10 August, 2010, 05:09:42 pm »
Small incident involving some leatherwork from the planet-X sale to be fitted to the tandem when it gets shinied.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #265 on: 10 August, 2010, 08:56:35 pm »
Ordered, upside a Wiggle, a pair of handlebar mounted bottle cage brackets for the Cannondale Hooligan as I can't find a way to mount anything else to hold the necessary Coffee rations for the Riding.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

« Reply #266 on: 11 August, 2010, 10:31:55 am »
A GPS, a bike mount for said GPS, some NiMH batteries, also for the GPS, and a charger for the batteries, so indirectly for the GPS.

Purchasing a GPS can be a mite expensive, but I'm saving money by using OpenStreetMap stuff on it and recycling a spare 4G MicroSD card I've got left over from the phone!

corshamjim

« Reply #267 on: 11 August, 2010, 12:12:48 pm »
Purchasing a GPS can be a mite expensive, but I'm saving money by using OpenStreetMap stuff on it and recycling a spare 4G MicroSD card I've got left over from the phone!

Trouble with using OpenStreetMap stuff is we won't be hearing from you in this "Bought any stuff today" topic any more - there's no need to buy anything now!

Maybe we should have a "Blagged any free stuff today?" topic?  ;D

I'm astonished at how good some of the freely downloadable maps for Garmin are (and getting better every time I upload some edits to OSM  ;) ).  I'll make a small donation next time I download 'cos I don't suppose the hosting costs are small.

Steve Kish

• World's No. 1 moaner about the weather.
« Reply #268 on: 11 August, 2010, 09:31:19 pm »
New Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels, new Campag 9-speed cassette, extractor tool and lockring ... all eBay.

Anyone wanna send me some spare change? :P
Old enough to know better!

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #269 on: 13 August, 2010, 02:26:46 pm »
4 michelin pro 3 tyres & a box of 10 new continental inner tubes.
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #270 on: 13 August, 2010, 03:23:37 pm »
A Selle An-Atomica Titanico saddle.

I hope my arse likes it, as it's rather expensive.

« Reply #271 on: 13 August, 2010, 03:30:38 pm »
Yesterday I bought a Jandd Frame Pack off of Manotea.  It's in brand new condition, the tag was still on the zip!

I haven't used it in anger yet, but will probably try it on Peli & Woolly's ride tomorrow.

It slightly fouls the rear brake cable, which is along the top of the top tube on the Kaffenback, but it looks like it won't really be a problem.

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #272 on: 13 August, 2010, 04:49:42 pm »
Blackburn AT4 replacement hose kit, hopefully I will still have a little strength left after inflating my tyres to be able to ride my bike now  ;D
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #273 on: 16 August, 2010, 07:47:59 pm »
Today I bought this

& I'm a happy chappy.

« Reply #274 on: 16 August, 2010, 07:54:30 pm »
Today I bought this

<snip>