Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 864977 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #600 on: 25 November, 2010, 08:14:01 pm »
I have asked Cycle Heaven in York to order-in a Surly chain tug.I shall collect it on Friday 10th Dec on my way upto Deano's YorkshireXmasPudding ride the following day

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #601 on: 25 November, 2010, 08:25:37 pm »
Jogler, if they get it in early or your timings go awry so you won't get to York with enough time or whatever do feel free to shout if you want me to pick up for you.  I go within 2 minutes of there every Thursday, and it's not exactly a million miles from the CrinklyDen even if it necessitated a trip out specifically to collect.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #602 on: 25 November, 2010, 08:49:13 pm »
Thanks for that CL..I'll keep it in mind :thumbsup:

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #603 on: 25 November, 2010, 09:55:37 pm »
Just arranged purchase of a 26-tooth belt-drive sprocket for the Trek.  To correct all that's wrong with that machine (bwah hah haaaah), now that I've already ordered its replacement.

Silly Money.  But shineh doesn't come cheap.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #604 on: 28 November, 2010, 05:23:51 pm »
Helly Hanson glove liners.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #605 on: 01 December, 2010, 11:59:36 pm »
Today I spoke to someone very nice at Carradice and she is posting me a Super C Barley  ;D
I took advantage of Wiggle's 20% off bags day to order a quick release Bagman sport yesterday too.

These will be going on my N+1 that I still haven't ordered because of my indecision on groupsets! Time to hunt out a tape measure and send my measurements to Sabbath methinks.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #606 on: 03 December, 2010, 02:57:47 pm »
Four pairs of bib shorts for a grand total of £2!  :thumbsup:

It's the end-of-year sale today, where they sell off all the leftover bits that are normally given away as free gifts with magazine subscriptions. OK, so they're not exactly Assos but they look reasonable quality. 

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #607 on: 03 December, 2010, 04:42:55 pm »
No cycling stuff, but I did buy a Honda F-1 RA 272 1:20 scale plastic kit + paints!  ;D

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=20043

;D

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #608 on: 03 December, 2010, 05:37:13 pm »
Mrs. jogler bestowed her custom upon Mrs. Longstaff's emporium.Can't be specific because the recepients of her purchases* post & lurk here :)
She has also Wiggle'd.

* Xmas pressies

« Reply #609 on: 03 December, 2010, 08:46:13 pm »
Damnit post office card through door today while I was at work. I think it's my Super-C Barley!

Might have to pop to the post office at 9am before I leave for the CTC xmas medieval banquet weekend away in the morning! This time tomorrow I will be scoffing a 4 course feast with no cutlery wearing my Guinevere costume at St Briavels in the Forest of Dean  ;D

« Reply #610 on: 03 December, 2010, 11:35:35 pm »
Damnit post office card through door today while I was at work. I think it's my Super-C Barley!

Might have to pop to the post office at 9am before I leave for the CTC xmas medieval banquet weekend away in the morning! This time tomorrow I will be scoffing a 4 course feast with no cutlery wearing my Guinevere costume at St Briavels in the Forest of Dean  ;D

If perhaps photographs could be provided in due course.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #611 on: 05 December, 2010, 02:19:55 pm »
Just ordered a set of Ayups, but they are for Christmas

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #612 on: 05 December, 2010, 02:54:27 pm »
The SatMap 10 GPS I ordered a week ago should be delivered tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

Tracking the package shows it was picked up on Friday at 12.24, in Carlisle at 7pm, Preston at 10.28 pm, and Tamworth at 01.55 Saturday morning.  It's better than searching for Santa via Norad!
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #613 on: 05 December, 2010, 04:12:01 pm »
The SatMap 10 GPS I ordered a week ago should be delivered tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

Tracking the package shows it was picked up on Friday at 12.24, in Carlisle at 7pm, Preston at 10.28 pm, and Tamworth at 01.55 Saturday morning.  It's better than searching for Santa via Norad!

Tracking a GPS, the irony of it.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #614 on: 05 December, 2010, 04:45:41 pm »
A pair of uber bling white spesh shoes off the 'bay. Bargaintastic tho not exactly cheap.

My chrissy present from Mrs Manotea, I suspect. Will go nicely with my Kotm polka dot socks (mini manoteas) and YACF jersey.

When I told mrs manotea you could buy assos prosline kit in different colorways - yello, green, etc. - she said, "you must really fancy yourself to go out dressed like that"...

« Reply #615 on: 05 December, 2010, 05:48:40 pm »
Yay, w00t w00t, my Carradice Super C barley has arrived! It is a Sue!  :thumbsup:
It looks really lovely, can't wait to try it out! Now I really need to get on with ordering my new bike as this is what my Barley will be going on, although I could try it out on my current setup as I have a Brooks to attach it to  ;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #616 on: 05 December, 2010, 07:40:32 pm »
Fantastic.
Getting there...

« Reply #617 on: 05 December, 2010, 09:37:28 pm »
Yes! Blue Lizard Canti Cable Hangers. For my blue single speed. Shallow, me?
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #618 on: 12 December, 2010, 08:58:09 am »
Went down to Optilabs yesterday and ordered some prescription cycling/sunglasses.

Si_Co

« Reply #619 on: 12 December, 2010, 01:41:12 pm »
Yesterday purchased a gore cosmo windstopper shell and santa came early with a hope vision one, 12 miles in the lanes last night, warm and toasty with just a base layer on underneath and the vis with all that light was amazing!

« Reply #620 on: 12 December, 2010, 01:58:39 pm »
I have given in to winter and bought:

Gore Bike Wear Fusion III Lady WINDSTOPPER Jacket
dhb Ladies Merino L/S Roundneck Baselayer
Schwalbe Marathon Plus Smartguard City Tyres (for Woolly's new project)
SealSkinz Waterproof Socks

« Reply #621 on: 12 December, 2010, 02:34:15 pm »
I gave in to temptation and spent £1k of the money I had previously allocated to a possible new kitchen on bits to make N+1 out of! Will soon be spending another £1200 on the frame  ;D

LindaG

« Reply #622 on: 13 December, 2010, 10:24:59 am »
I haven't bought anything.  But That Could Change.

Or I could drop a note to Santa, perhaps.

Oh, my.

« Reply #623 on: 13 December, 2010, 11:03:53 am »
"I gave into temptation" and bought another pump and some moar tyre levers to save me keep swapping kit between bikes.

I also replaced the inner tube on my wheelbarrow ( not from the LBS!) after an impressive explosion in the old one. Track pumped it up, filled the barrow with compost and BANG. I nearly dropped the garden fork.

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #624 on: 13 December, 2010, 01:37:20 pm »
I bought a surly 17 tooth sprocket.   I find it too embarrassing walking up a hill because the chain is slipping on the current sprocket :-[