Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 864635 times)

Tail End Charlie

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #650 on: 03 January, 2011, 05:11:22 pm »
My local "The Works" outlet has buffs for 99p. They look OK and at that price got to be worth a try.

« Reply #651 on: 03 January, 2011, 09:55:45 pm »
I have bought a pair of Deuter Rack pack panniers using my leaving present Wiggle vouchers  :thumbsup: When I am grown up I will be able to afford Ortileb's  :'(
                    Buy the Vaude, mine are the ones with the welded on outer pocket. wife has Orts and now likes mine better.
                                                                 8)
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #652 on: 05 January, 2011, 01:20:41 pm »
A pair of Endura Humvee trousers, for my commute, and a set of Swissstop green pads for the Ridley.

Just eyeing up a Knog Dry Dogs 17" to complete my commuting attire :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #653 on: 05 January, 2011, 04:48:53 pm »
Yay! My Brooks B17s (thanks peli!) and my Tifosi carbon seatpost arrived today  :thumbsup:
They are for my new bike, the frame is expected to arrive in about a week, I already have all the other bits  :smug:

border-rider

« Reply #654 on: 05 January, 2011, 04:52:20 pm »
3 pairs of brake blocks and some bar tape. Weee-ooo !

« Reply #655 on: 05 January, 2011, 04:53:49 pm »
3 pairs of brake blocks and some bar tape. Weee-ooo !

wow thanks for reminding me, I need to fit my new brake blocks to the Fuji before I go out on it tomorrow, it's been on the turbo where having FA brakes doesn't matter!

« Reply #656 on: 05 January, 2011, 07:31:09 pm »
My new shoes should arrive soon - a bargain from Chain Reaction for those that wear shoes the size of canoes.

And you know what they say about men who wear big shoes...

...they have big feet;)
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #657 on: 05 January, 2011, 07:35:48 pm »

Shiny...

Sorry for poor quality.  It looked even worse when I eventually managed to get the flash to work.

It's a belt-drive sprocket for a Nexus hub.  I haven't taken the wheel off the bike yet, so I'm not 100% confident that it's going to fit.  This could be the most expensive beer-mat I've ever bought.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Clandy

« Reply #658 on: 05 January, 2011, 08:39:25 pm »
Ordered a new BB for the Moulton.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #659 on: 07 January, 2011, 09:06:27 pm »
As I'm going to be drastically increasing my mileage this year, I've finally bit the bullet and bought some Assos shorts. 

I've managed to justify this purchase with the rational side of my brain, on the basis that it hasn't cost me too much as I used a credit card which I'd managed to overpay last month and so had a credit balance.   :P
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

corshamjim

« Reply #660 on: 07 January, 2011, 09:18:12 pm »
I've managed to justify this purchase with the rational side of my brain, on the basis that it hasn't cost me too much as I used a credit card which I'd managed to overpay last month and so had a credit balance.   :P
I didn't do that so haven't bought anything today.  :'(  Thanks for the tip though - might come in handy next month.  :thumbsup:

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #661 on: 08 January, 2011, 01:19:07 pm »

It's a belt-drive sprocket for a Nexus hub.  I haven't taken the wheel off the bike yet, so I'm not 100% confident that it's going to fit.  This could be the most expensive beer-mat I've ever bought.

How did it go?
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #662 on: 08 January, 2011, 04:29:23 pm »
Bought a Knog Dry Dogs pannier as, although my Howies messenger bag is good, it's a bit unweildy with a HP G70 in it, so the Dry Dogs will be my pannier AND messenger bag :)

Can't wait now for the postman to arrive with it....sigh.....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #663 on: 08 January, 2011, 06:48:16 pm »
A couple of pumps - track pump for at home ('cause I had no idea what tyre pressures I was running, and no experience to "feel" what should be right) and a little portable one which clips to my bike so I can bin my ten-year-old rubbish one and not have to wear a rucksack everywhere  :thumbsup:

« Reply #664 on: 10 January, 2011, 08:08:28 pm »
An Alfine flat bar shifter half priceish from Edinburgh bike Coop for a long term project and a rear rack for the Mercian.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #665 on: 10 January, 2011, 08:38:59 pm »
Just another pair of white Assos spring/fall socks  :thumbsup:
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

« Reply #666 on: 11 January, 2011, 08:58:42 pm »
My MT91 winter boots finally arrived. This means the weather will be warm and dry from now on  ::-)

« Reply #667 on: 11 January, 2011, 11:51:07 pm »
My MT91 winter boots finally arrived. This means the weather will be warm and dry from now on  ::-)

We will all thank you for making the sacrifice.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #668 on: 12 January, 2011, 12:19:19 pm »
Purchase imminent.  Sent an email to Hope Technology and they quickly confirmed the Pro 2 single speed hub is available with QR axle although I could not tell from the web site. So all I have to do now is choose a bike shop and order one. Problem is where and when. Go to shop this weekend but can not get there again until February. >:(

GrahamG

• Babies bugger bicycling
« Reply #669 on: 12 January, 2011, 04:38:24 pm »
Just taken advantage of Primera's 15% offer on some spangly new and achingly expensive Assos TK607 S5 3/4 bibs. I'm hoping these are all the 3/4's I'll ever need.
Brummie in exile (may it forever be so)

« Reply #670 on: 12 January, 2011, 04:56:17 pm »
Ordered a Philips LED Bike Light from Bike24 in Germany on Monday.

From DHL tracking it went through Gatwick at 15:38 today, so hopefully tomorrow :)

« Reply #671 on: 12 January, 2011, 05:15:39 pm »
My new MET Stradivarius helmet arrived. I ordered it because my old cheap Giro one feels quite heavy on my head, on a long ride digs into my forehead a bit  and has a bit of a mushroom head look about it. This one is really really lightweight. It actually fits well with only very minor adjustment straight out of the box and almost feels like it is not there on my head. The forehead bit is little gel pads that look like they will solve my discomfort problems. I was after a helmet that felt like I wasn't wearing one, and this one comes as close to that as I think I can get.

I'm not expecting my helmet to be some kind of magic hat, my reasons for wearing one are nothing to do with the functions of the helmet anyway. If I get squished into a street pizza by a lorry I don't want my mother (and motons in general) to be able to say it was my fault for not wearing one  ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #672 on: 12 January, 2011, 05:37:49 pm »
It'll probably protect you from the radiation, thobut...

corshamjim

« Reply #673 on: 12 January, 2011, 06:57:01 pm »
Today I bought Cycling Active Magazine - yours truly gets a mention on page 137.  :)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #674 on: 12 January, 2011, 07:02:37 pm »
Some Swissstop (or is it Swisstop?) ceramic brake pad refills arrived.  At £13 a pair I really hope they last much longer than Kool-Stop z-Chromiums, which struggle to achieve 200 miles.  The first set, when the rims were new, lasted 33 miles!
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.