Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 865157 times)

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #700 on: 16 January, 2011, 09:17:46 pm »
Paramo windproof  jacket at London Bike Show. Three shows on one ticket, great day out.

« Reply #701 on: 17 January, 2011, 01:57:57 pm »
Shimano Downtube adaptors from Pro Bike Kit
and
3TTT Curva Forgie Mex Handlebar £15!! from Planet X
the Colnago build gathers pace!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #702 on: 17 January, 2011, 02:55:45 pm »
I have ordered from my lbs two Hope HLSP600-6 battery (4 x AA) holders.

« Reply #703 on: 17 January, 2011, 04:18:44 pm »
A Marathon Plus winter tyre arrived for my son's bike. I got fed up fixing his rear punctures! I forgot this was not a folding type tyre so went to the PO on my bike to get it ... had to cycle back with the giant plastic bag impaled on the end of the handlebars banging into my right foot. The cars gave me a very wide birth though!

« Reply #704 on: 17 January, 2011, 06:37:33 pm »
A Marathon Plus winter tyre arrived for my son's bike. I got fed up fixing his rear punctures! I forgot this was not a folding type tyre so went to the PO on my bike to get it ... had to cycle back with the giant plastic bag impaled on the end of the handlebars banging into my right foot. The cars gave me a very wide birth though!

Is that a Marathon Winter or Marathon Plus? You can't have both!

I suspect from the context you mean a Marathon Plus, the Marathon Winter is a tungsten carbide studded tyre.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #705 on: 17 January, 2011, 06:40:35 pm »

Is that a Marathon Winter or Marathon Plus? You can't have both!

I suspect from the context you mean a Marathon Plus, the Marathon Winter is a tungsten carbide studded tyre.

Yeah this thing isn't studded it just claims to be be faerie resistant  ;D
If he starts getting punctures in his front tyre now I will have to buy him another though!

« Reply #706 on: 17 January, 2011, 09:09:44 pm »

If he starts getting punctures in his front tyre now I will have to buy him another though!

Just tell him to wheelie everywhere  O:-)
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #707 on: 17 January, 2011, 09:41:33 pm »

Gurl bar tape.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #708 on: 17 January, 2011, 09:44:10 pm »
There's a bloke on my commute who has pink bar tape.  He isn't a gurl. ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #709 on: 17 January, 2011, 09:51:30 pm »
There's a bloke on my commute who has pink bar tape.  He isn't a gurl. ;)

Is he a friend of dorothy?

Or has he pinched his bird's bike??

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #710 on: 17 January, 2011, 09:54:35 pm »
Could just be colourblind...

« Reply #711 on: 17 January, 2011, 10:07:33 pm »
He may have deployed it as an anti-theft device. No one has ever pinched my pink wireless Cateye  ;D

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #712 on: 17 January, 2011, 10:09:11 pm »
He may have deployed it as an anti-theft device. No one has ever pinched my pink wireless Cateye  ;D
maybe no one wants to own up to your stats  :)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #713 on: 20 January, 2011, 04:36:10 pm »
3 KMC X1 chains
3 sram pc870 chains
3 sram pc890 chains
4 sets of tensioner/derailleur wheels (3 standard tacx/rohloff, 1 odd aluminium)
3 sets of Look Quartz cleats
3 sets of BB7 brake pads
1 DToplight Plus rear light mit StVZO-Zulassung
4 sets of those orange spoke reflectors you seem to hate
1 Surly 44 tooth chainring, 130mm BCD
1 Rohloff 17 tooth sprocket
1 set of anti puncture tape (for a friend)
1 Pumpenschlauch mit E.V.A-Ventilkopf
1 Brooks Swallow Titanium

Looks like a bit of an accident, doesn't it?
If you're wondering why so many chains and so little chainrings/sprocket: I use 3 chains at a time (recumbent), and I'm out of those. I still have a 44 and 46 chainring, and a 16 and a 17 tooth sprocket. The Brooks is for the Brompton.
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been too many days since I have ridden through the night with a brevet card in my pocket...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #714 on: 21 January, 2011, 02:43:24 pm »
Collected these......
I have ordered from my lbs two Hope HLSP600-6 battery (4 x AA) holders.

plus a pair of Mr.Crud Roadracer Mk II mudgaurds for the Langster

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #715 on: 21 January, 2011, 03:09:52 pm »
2 sets of SPD SH-51 cleats.  One for a new pair of Specialized cycling shoes I bought myself, one for my snow-delayed, just-arrived, much-appreciated Christmas present.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #716 on: 21 January, 2011, 03:31:09 pm »
Lust is natural, they are gorgeous
                                           :)

2 sets of SPD SH-51 cleats.  One for a new pair of Specialized cycling shoes I bought myself, one for my snow-delayed, just-arrived, much-appreciated Christmas present.

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #717 on: 21 January, 2011, 04:21:42 pm »
Lust is natural, they are gorgeous :)

They are.  At some point I shall manage the trick of cycling while not staring at my feet.

With only a little stretch, I can make them out to be practical as well.  I have no panniers on my commuter, so everything goes into my backpack.  Non-cycling shoes, being bulky and heavy, are tedious to carry back and forth, so I usually keep at least one pair of shoes in the office.  On those occasions where I don't cycle straight home but meet friends at a bar, club or restaurant, I have to pack my shoes (and then carry a pair back to work, the next morning).  The Dromarti shoes, otoh, are easily smart enough that I can keep them on even in a posh location.  See?  Essential accessories for every commuter.  Equally essential, of course, is a sufficiently generous friend or family member - at least until you have the shoes.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #718 on: 21 January, 2011, 04:24:27 pm »

A new set of wheels for my mtb, they were reduced 60% and my old wheels are very worn and  in desperate need of retirement.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #719 on: 21 January, 2011, 04:25:32 pm »
Very stylish.  I considered a pair of Dromartis for my wedding, but I couldn't do the leather thing.
Getting there...

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #720 on: 21 January, 2011, 04:45:11 pm »
Very stylish.  I considered a pair of Dromartis for my wedding, but I couldn't do the leather thing.

You're waitng for your third anniversary?  I admire your self control ;)  If I'd had these last year, I'd certainly have worn them to your wedding :)

« Reply #721 on: 21 January, 2011, 10:47:55 pm »
I bought a really cheap multi tool for £7 in a general home stuff shop because it has not only allen keys but also neat little spanner thingies in it. This is for my dog walking Claud Butler bike which doesn't have QR skewers. I have been riding around on it without the means to repair a puncture, allbeit no more than 5 miles from home.

corshamjim

« Reply #722 on: 22 January, 2011, 05:46:00 pm »
A packet of ball-bearings.  LBS even applied the club discount so I saved about 30p  :thumbsup:

corshamjim

« Reply #723 on: 24 January, 2011, 06:55:43 pm »
Went back to lbs today and bought a Trek Pilot 2.1 and a few essential accessories (bottle cages, spd pedals and such).  ;D

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #724 on: 24 January, 2011, 07:03:23 pm »
3x inner tubes
Zefal zip-tie pump pegs
Blackburn frame -mount pump saddle
3x puncture repair kits
3x sheets mini-patches
Topeak saddle pak
Smart rear light