Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 865388 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #725 on: 25 January, 2011, 12:59:14 pm »
New lights (Hope vision 2), ready for the new bike arrived at the office this morning, I may just have to hook the front light up on the comuter for test on the way home.  8)

corshamjim

« Reply #726 on: 27 January, 2011, 11:22:12 pm »
I bought a new 3-speed SA hub to replace the 5-speed on my Pashley.  Also bought a pair of handlebar grips at the same time but just realised I must've accidentally thrown them away with all the shredded paper packaging that was in the big box the hub came in.  :-[  I expect it's too late to go a-rummaging now too.  :'(

Ah well, I'm glad I ordered cheap ones rather than the posh cork ones I had my eye on.  ;D

« Reply #727 on: 27 January, 2011, 11:30:47 pm »
I bought a Polartec buff today since it is stupidly cold. I have only worn it in the 'hat' position so far. It seems to be a very warm and useful thing  :thumbsup:

« Reply #728 on: 28 January, 2011, 06:12:25 pm »
Some Versa VRS8 Levers, which are on special at £110.

I suspect that's because Planet-X are possibly planning on going over to the 11 speed Alfine hub, but I've got the 8 speed one, so I'm happy with these shifters.
Actually, it is rocket science.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #729 on: 28 January, 2011, 08:32:35 pm »
Ordered some Krylion Carbons at a nice price, to replace the Gatorskins.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

gordon taylor

« Reply #730 on: 30 January, 2011, 06:41:44 pm »
I needed a straight handlebar and stem. In the end I bought a carbon oversize bar 'cos it was lovely and I can use the existing stem.

::-)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #731 on: 30 January, 2011, 10:55:44 pm »
Two pairs of pedals from Wiggle.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #732 on: 31 January, 2011, 11:24:03 am »
A Yehuda Moon cap. ;D

Walz Caps - Collaborations

For small international orders, they've free delivery, so for only $20 I should get it VAT and Duty free (The VAT threshold is around £17, and the Duty threshold is even lower).
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #733 on: 31 January, 2011, 02:48:20 pm »
My Montane FeatherLite velo (female style) arrived from Tredz today. It is as tiny and light as was promised and should mean I will always have it in my bag just in case. I'm not mad keen on the high viz colouring but I didn't really like the burgundy and black seemed not such a great idea for use in when visibility isn't great.

I have a very nice Paramo waterproof jacket for when I am expecting a really wet ride and I don't expect this Montane to replace that function. It will just be nice to know I won't get completely caught out by unexpected rain or wind.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #734 on: 31 January, 2011, 02:55:11 pm »
Got a "Polar Choob multifunctional headwear designed for your outdoors" seems nice and warm.
My scarf stinks and is in the wash

« Reply #735 on: 31 January, 2011, 05:06:44 pm »
A cheap (£5.49) Clas Ohlsson rack-fitting rear light for the Brompton to replace the dead original, so it always has one bolted on in case of loss or failure or leaving at home of any other lights.

It's brighter than I expected, & spreads the light around..
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #736 on: 31 January, 2011, 06:21:21 pm »
A set of Wilko value 4mm SPD leg-length shims.  And a spare "I <3 MY BIKE" bell.

Steve GT

• Crediamo in te, bici!
« Reply #737 on: 03 February, 2011, 09:52:22 am »
A new cassette for the wifey's winter bike.
New Winter boots for me.

corshamjim

« Reply #738 on: 03 February, 2011, 12:23:07 pm »
Some fuel from the Lock Inn Cafe (yum!), then over the road I bought a new chain for the Dahon (it needs it badly methinks), a Blackburn headlight, and a great big tub of fruity isotonic stuff so I might actually drink properly on long rides this year!

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #739 on: 03 February, 2011, 12:45:40 pm »
A 20 tooth 3/32 sprocket, to give me a roughly 55" gear.

AndyH

« Reply #740 on: 03 February, 2011, 08:25:42 pm »
After months of indecision and dithering I've ordered an Enigma Etape frame. Should be with me next week.  :)

« Reply #741 on: 03 February, 2011, 08:36:02 pm »
Some bargainous 105 spd-sl pedals from Ribble to replace the 540's that have grooves worn in them

(£35 in Ribble sale)

Some Pro (Shimano) winter gloves to replace my aging Altura ones.

« Reply #742 on: 03 February, 2011, 08:57:20 pm »
Expecting delivery of my Black (Recumbent Trike) ICE 26" wheel tomorrow (thank you Kevin for putting up with my constant phone calls and answering every single query with patience and good humour) I am jumping up and down like a 5 year old at Christmas  ;D  ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #743 on: 03 February, 2011, 09:02:13 pm »
After months of indecision and dithering I've ordered an Enigma Etape frame. Should be with me next week.  :)

Andy can you please post a build and use report as and when?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #744 on: 03 February, 2011, 10:17:26 pm »
A buff and some Nuun tablets. The packaging on the buff meant I got a stupidly big box for stuff that ought to fit in an envelope.

AndyH

« Reply #745 on: 04 February, 2011, 06:28:23 am »

Andy can you please post a build and use report as and when?

Yes no problem - I'm hoping to have it ready to go before the Dean at the end of March, which will mean at least a couple of rides before then, hopefully  including a 200.

« Reply #746 on: 05 February, 2011, 11:09:54 am »
New black recumbent 26" ICE here, ta Kevin, it's bootiful, jus bootiful   ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #747 on: 05 February, 2011, 11:31:58 pm »
A chain glide and a 42-tooth chainring for my Thorn.

I've been trying to ride with a faster cadence and I noticed how little I use the gears 10 - 14. Most of my riding is with the whirry lower half of the Rohloff range. It will also give me an extra couple of really low gears for hilly camping tours.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

gordon taylor

« Reply #748 on: 06 February, 2011, 12:53:39 am »
A cheap front rack and a compass bell, from SJS.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #749 on: 06 February, 2011, 02:32:22 pm »
Saddle soap.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher