Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 862918 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #775 on: 16 February, 2011, 03:01:17 pm »
After months of indecision and dithering I've ordered an Enigma Etape frame. Should be with me next week.  :
It's just arrived, I can't see much work being done this afternoon  ;D

Excellent, more Enigma goodness.
I'm sure I'm speaking on behalf of all the forum when I say "We look forward to seeing the pictures".

I've just heard that my new frame is at Paul Hewitt's and I'm going to pick up the finished bike (an Enigma) next Tuesday  :thumbsup:

OT, I've just had a delivery of vodka  :o

corshamjim

« Reply #776 on: 16 February, 2011, 06:55:23 pm »
A Philips Saferide dynamo light.
Ordered Monday am from Bike 24 it arrived about an hour ago.
It's now fitted to the bike  :thumbsup:

That looks nice!  :thumbsup:

« Reply #777 on: 17 February, 2011, 04:39:38 pm »
I have gone and done it  ::-)

This morning my Shimano SPD sandals arrived in the post. I had been looking at SPD shoes to replace my current summer ones that have no toe wriggle room and therefore sometimes leave me with numb toes on longer rides. I decided the solution was to go with the sandals. If I wear them with Seal skinz socks does this now make me a proper Audaxer?  ;D I have the Caradice barley already too but I am not going to grow a beard  :hand:

Rimnod

« Reply #778 on: 17 February, 2011, 04:44:04 pm »
Smart R2 to replace the R1 I lost on the way in yesterday morning.  Must be good did not get run off the road in this mornings fog

« Reply #779 on: 17 February, 2011, 07:15:50 pm »
Nowt up with beards, my gran had one, however a bobble hat might go with the sandal image   ;D

I have gone and done it  ::-)

This morning my Shimano SPD sandals arrived in the post. I had been looking at SPD shoes to replace my current summer ones that have no toe wriggle room and therefore sometimes leave me with numb toes on longer rides. I decided the solution was to go with the sandals. If I wear them with Seal skinz socks does this now make me a proper Audaxer?  ;D I have the Caradice barley already too but I am not going to grow a beard  :hand:
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #780 on: 17 February, 2011, 07:16:49 pm »
I have the Caradice barley already too but I am not going to grow a beard  :hand:

I make up for a lack of beard by riding a recumbent and being proficient in Unix-like operating systems...

(Today I have ordered a new bottom bracket, that is  a) not showing early signs of b0rkedness  and  b) slightly wider, for a more knee-friendly Q-factor without the aid of extreme pedal extenders)

AndyH

« Reply #781 on: 17 February, 2011, 08:16:48 pm »
A Campag Record bottom bracket (from High on bikes, ordered at 4pm yesterday was with me at 9.30 this morning). Mrs H is out tonight so I thought it was the ideal opportunity to take a photo in the kitchen. Difficult to see the BB though  ;D

« Reply #782 on: 17 February, 2011, 08:37:22 pm »
And what happens if Mrs H sees this photo?
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

AndyH

« Reply #783 on: 17 February, 2011, 08:43:49 pm »
Well those knives are not just for cooking. I may be speaking in a higher pitched voice.

Chris S

« Reply #784 on: 17 February, 2011, 10:47:16 pm »
Well those knives are not just for cooking. I may be speaking in a higher pitched voice.

Watch out - one's already missing...  :o

corshamjim

« Reply #785 on: 17 February, 2011, 10:54:47 pm »
Watch out - one's already missing...  :o

One what?  :o

OIC! One knife!  ::-)

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #786 on: 18 February, 2011, 09:18:04 am »
Got me stuff from Woggle today!
A Ritchey "Comp Streem V2" saddle for my Lemond Etape racer to replace the rather uncomfy one that's on it just now,
A "Craft" summer cycling cap,
A Bikefood branded water bottle
A tube of High5 Zero hydration tablets
A cuddly toy
And a water bottle cleaning brush

Strangely, in amongst the packaging was a packet of Haribo Kiddie's Supermix Minis!

Si_Co

« Reply #787 on: 18 February, 2011, 09:44:23 am »

Strangely, in amongst the packaging was a packet of Haribo Kiddie's Supermix Minis!
I don' get sweeties from wiggle anymore  >:( despite having a you've spent far too much money here platinum discount, much to my daughters disappointment  :'(

I feel a letter of complaint coming on

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #788 on: 18 February, 2011, 10:44:26 am »
At least one spoke and new chain for my commuter.  No idea what kind, don't really care.

Dropped bike off at LBS for rear wheel repairs following the incident on last Saturday's ride to Whitstable.  I'm also about due for a new cassette, and happened to have a spare one at home, so dropped that off as well.  Asked the nice LBS folks to put that on the bike as well as a new chain of some sort.  I trust them enough not to put the most blinging chain in stock on the bike.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #789 on: 18 February, 2011, 12:45:57 pm »

They do that.  Had some Haribo Fried Eggs in with the tyres I ordered.  Horrible things, so I gave them to my colleagues.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #790 on: 18 February, 2011, 12:58:42 pm »
Schmidt dynohub back from germany after sent off for investigations regarding the fact the  bearings were starting to seize up (moisture penetration?). Only done about 40k km. Actually I'm sure its not my hub but a refurb replacement but I'm not complaining. Excellent.

« Reply #791 on: 18 February, 2011, 01:29:24 pm »
Just had the irregular lunchtime 'boab tries on new kit in the office'.

Quote from: colleague
You know what I like about you Lindsay? You've got a really high bum. Mine is falling down my legs. I really think you should show your bum off more
Quote from: other colleague
with a round thing in your face...

That's it, I'm earwormed about the state of my arse.

New longs are great though....

« Reply #792 on: 18 February, 2011, 02:51:05 pm »
Large box from CRC with 3 Shimano 105 10 speed chains, chain wear measuring tool and some donuts (of the cable variety sadly not jam ones). I was pleased to see my new chains are silver not black like the CRC picture so they will match the rest of my transmission. Now to go and fit a new chain  8)

« Reply #793 on: 18 February, 2011, 03:39:28 pm »
Goldie lookin' chain arrived from Corridori today  8)

« Reply #794 on: 18 February, 2011, 07:11:26 pm »
Yes the silver ones do look nicer

Large box from CRC with 3 Shimano 105 10 speed chains, chain wear measuring tool and some donuts (of the cable variety sadly not jam ones). I was pleased to see my new chains are silver not black like the CRC picture so they will match the rest of my transmission. Now to go and fit a new chain  8)
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #795 on: 18 February, 2011, 07:19:11 pm »
From the LBS, some spokes to rebuild HK's MTB's rear wheel, replacement seatpost bolt and loose bearings for the headset.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #796 on: 21 February, 2011, 07:45:38 am »
Lots arriving in the next few days hopefully  :thumbsup:

Last night I ordered some tyres and DT shifters from SJS, a seatpost from On-one, a stem and bars from Hubjub and some brakes from wiggle.

I forgot to order some brake cables and some new tyre levers though  :facepalm:
Don't ask.

« Reply #797 on: 21 February, 2011, 12:24:15 pm »
Two OS bar mounts for my Garmin.
One for the tourer and one for the NEW BIKE that I'm collecting tomorrow  :thumbsup: .
I'm currently wondering whether to train there (Hewitt's in Leyland, conveniently situated near to the station) and ride back or drive there and back.
I think I'll let the weather decide  ;) .

« Reply #798 on: 21 February, 2011, 08:14:51 pm »
Two OS bar mounts for my Garmin.
One for the tourer and one for the NEW BIKE that I'm collecting tomorrow  :thumbsup: .
I'm currently wondering whether to train there (Hewitt's in Leyland, conveniently situated near to the station) and ride back or drive there and back.
I think I'll let the weather decide  ;) .

Exciting stuff! It would be bad news to get your brand new bike filthy on it's maiden voyage though, wouldn't it.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #799 on: 21 February, 2011, 08:17:22 pm »
Nah - go get it filthy for the first time and get it over with.  Then you have a good excuse to obsessively clean and polish it til it gleams again.