Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 851411 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #1075 on: 31 May, 2011, 06:24:16 pm »
as you do always fill whatever bag you have.
[/quoe]

sooo troooo

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #1076 on: 31 May, 2011, 09:47:21 pm »
Four Conti innertubes from the Cycle Surgery sale: the Royal Mail tracking system tells me" Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered."
So, I'll be able to tell where they are, once they've been delivered. Well, ain't that just handy?

Oh, and I also bought  this from Big Al's Emporium of Cycling Delights. A van Nich Zephyr frame and forks to replace my dead Zeppelin. It was just a flying visit. I took Mrs eck for a romantic day out, but we were only there for about three hours.  :thumbsup:
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

Analog Kid

• aka noquitelance
« Reply #1077 on: 31 May, 2011, 10:11:38 pm »
Bintryintabuy....

...Olympics tickets for a few weeks now....that count?

Well no, obviously, 'cos so far it's not happening...
Books are for tourists...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1078 on: 31 May, 2011, 10:20:18 pm »
some plastic cutlery for cycle camping

simonp

« Reply #1079 on: 01 June, 2011, 06:59:17 pm »
Been looking at silly expensive wheelsets to make my Madone faster.  Managed to persuade myself not to click 'buy'.  So far.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1080 on: 01 June, 2011, 07:19:28 pm »
A 'tri-bag' I'm goingbto be so fast now :)

« Reply #1081 on: 01 June, 2011, 07:30:11 pm »
Ordered a Moulton TSR 9 today :smug:

I'll wait to see if the 6 to 8 weeks delivery time is correct or wishful thinking.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1082 on: 02 June, 2011, 09:13:45 am »

Could certainly speed up your jelly baby consumption.  Efficiency where it matters! ;D
Getting there...

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1083 on: 02 June, 2011, 11:19:02 am »

Could certainly speed up your jelly baby consumption.  Efficiency where it matters! ;D

You thought I meant riding faster? :d

« Reply #1084 on: 02 June, 2011, 01:49:34 pm »
A new Schwalbe Durano Plus 25c tyre (I have 2 new now waiting to go on for PBP).

Some M520 SPD pedals for Fred the forum bike who I am planning to ride from London to the West country very soon.

Some new cycling sunglasses. Really pleased with them, they are Rudy Project Rydon's with photochromic polarised lenses. They are incredibly lightweight and the lenses are very nearly totally clear (20%) in dim light going up to 78% dark in bright sunlight. They should be good for all lighting conditions in the UK and may even be fine for night riding too. I don't like faffing with changing lenses and wanted something I can wear for whole audaxes. They also claim to be unbreakable, I will soon put this to the test since my last pair are in a bad state after a year of being in saddlebags, pockets, being dropped lots and even sat on when I left them on my saddle.

« Reply #1085 on: 02 June, 2011, 01:52:46 pm »
Reminds me, I was quite surprised my rear tyre lasted the Welsh 600.

« Reply #1086 on: 02 June, 2011, 02:36:19 pm »
Some new cycling sunglasses. Really pleased with them, they are Rudy Project Rydon's with photochromic polarised lenses. They are incredibly lightweight and the lenses are very nearly totally clear (20%) in dim light going up to 78% dark in bright sunlight. They should be good for all lighting conditions in the UK and may even be fine for night riding too. I don't like faffing with changing lenses and wanted something I can wear for whole audaxes. They also claim to be unbreakable, I will soon put this to the test since my last pair are in a bad state after a year of being in saddlebags, pockets, being dropped lots and even sat on when I left them on my saddle.

They are the ones I use. You can wear them through the night - the lack of faff was a big plus for me. There is almost no perceptible visual difference between wearing them and not at night

« Reply #1087 on: 02 June, 2011, 02:41:58 pm »
Got my sandals (Shimano) from Chain Reaction, love em  :)
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

« Reply #1088 on: 02 June, 2011, 02:47:22 pm »

They are the ones I use. You can wear them through the night - the lack of faff was a big plus for me. There is almost no perceptible visual difference between wearing them and not at night

Excellent news, thanks Matt, that is what I was hoping  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1089 on: 02 June, 2011, 03:34:41 pm »
N+1 was despatched today. As I have not quite informed Mrs Aidan yet of said purchase, there is a possibility that I may have less than 24 hours to live ;D

If I live , I may post photos

« Reply #1090 on: 02 June, 2011, 05:41:28 pm »
We will hold a wake   ;) remember to say where you have hidden it  ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1091 on: 02 June, 2011, 05:53:43 pm »
N+1 was despatched today. As I have not quite informed Mrs Aidan yet of said purchase, there is a possibility that I may have less than 24 hours to live ;D

Where shall we send flowers to? :)

I am seriously seriously jealous (not about the being killed by your missus, mine can manage that, but of the N+1)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1092 on: 02 June, 2011, 06:11:29 pm »
I've been racking up the brownie points this week, and we are going out in a minute to watch Martin Taylor ( although she doesn't know who he is, so this may or may not count ;D)    She's also not feeling very well so I'll be able to outrun her ;D

I have to go and see a customer in the morning then Im working from home, so I'm not sure what'll be better, a bloomin great box turning up while I'm out, or being here when it arrives.  She also doesnt know about the few other bits and bobs I ordered to go with it.  I am so dead ;D 

I'm really excited though.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1093 on: 02 June, 2011, 06:15:29 pm »
On Sunday I got back home and parked the bike in the garage, I *may* have forgotten to tell Mrs T the real reason I was heading out to meet you in Helmsley.

I get to unloading stuff from the car on Monday (after a Costco run), Mrs T take her first load of stuff into the garage and stands there looking, not saying a word....

Until I came back with the next load when I got the Spanish Inquisition.....

And I got told 1 in, 1 out :( How does that work then?

PS I like the sig Aidan
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1094 on: 02 June, 2011, 06:19:56 pm »
On Sunday I got back home and parked the bike in the garage, I *may* have forgotten to tell Mrs T the real reason I was heading out to meet you in Helmsley.

I get to unloading stuff from the car on Monday (after a Costco run), Mrs T take her first load of stuff into the garage and stands there looking, not saying a word....

Until I came back with the next load when I got the Spanish Inquisition.....

And I got told 1 in, 1 out :( How does that work then?

PS I like the sig Aidan

;D  1 in 1 out!  tell her she's got that wrong, it's  1 in, 1 in, ;D

The sig was Deanos fault :thumbsup:

« Reply #1095 on: 02 June, 2011, 08:45:54 pm »
I am intrigued by this one in one out line adopted by some partners. WHY? Mate of mine has been told he can have his ti dreamboat but the rest go and the argument that different rides are for different jobs doesn't seem to work.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #1096 on: 02 June, 2011, 08:51:41 pm »
I am intrigued by this one in one out line adopted by some partners. WHY? Mate of mine has been told he can have his ti dreamboat but the rest go and the argument that different rides are for different jobs doesn't seem to work.

If anyone tried that on me the 1 in 1 out would mean new bike in and them out  ;D

« Reply #1097 on: 02 June, 2011, 09:31:39 pm »
Doesn't happen in our house, I know who's the boss - - -  Barbara is.

A regular lubrication with chocs, perfume and a treat to eat does wonders (mind it helps we share a passion for pedal power)

« Reply #1098 on: 02 June, 2011, 09:34:03 pm »

Whatcha gettin'?

« Reply #1099 on: 02 June, 2011, 10:26:38 pm »
I'm lucky, the nearest Talisker gets to one in one out is "Meow", and that probably actually means "Where's my breakfast?" ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.