Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 863883 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #1200 on: 06 July, 2011, 04:58:32 pm »
I've finally bitten the bullet and decided to swap my Fuji hybrid over to drop bars.

::-)  :D  :thumbsup:

At this rythm you will be riding fixed in 6 months and a trike in 9!

Well, yesterday I did ride fixed ;)
It wasn't actually my bike though, was a friend's Holdsworth!

Snakehips

• Twixt London and leafy Surrey
« Reply #1201 on: 06 July, 2011, 05:03:14 pm »
Forced to replace my broken cycling glasses , bought a 'Playlife' pair for £7 in TKMaxx , supposedly down from £98 ! because they are last years design.
An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?

corshamjim

« Reply #1202 on: 06 July, 2011, 06:57:33 pm »
I bought a new pair of glasses today too.  Not cycling-specific, but necessary and they were expensive (aren't they always) so I think it will be a while before I can afford to buy any more cycling toys stuff.  :'(

« Reply #1203 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:00:44 pm »
Ordered a SON 28 dynamo, 36 spoke, disc, silver.

Had to pretend the third number of the 3 figure sum wasn't there in order to proceed.

Hope I don't regret this. 

Frere

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1204 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:16:43 pm »
Ordered a SON 28 dynamo, 36 spoke, disc, silver.

Had to pretend the third number of the 3 figure sum wasn't there in order to proceed.

Hope I don't regret this. 

Frere

Join the club.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1205 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:32:46 pm »
Me and 2_Flat_Erics took the plunge this year and bought cycling sandals, which we have both been very impressed with.
Just to add a bit of protection for when we are in Holland next month a couple of pairs of Sealskinz ankle socks have been bought. I think these should help to keep our feet warm if we have one of those rainy Dutch days  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1206 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:38:37 pm »
+ 2 Sandals & Sealskinz

Frere

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #1207 on: 06 July, 2011, 07:50:35 pm »
race geometry frameset, used, but in good condition. light, stiff and cheap. waiting for some bits to arrive so i can start and finish building it next week.

« Reply #1208 on: 07 July, 2011, 10:06:00 am »
+ 2 Sandals & Sealskinz

Frere

Exactly. They are the best camping combination - sandals dry overnight in the tent and the socks keep your feet warm and dry when walking across wet grass in the morning. Take at least 2 pairs though as they take an age to dry themselves.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #1209 on: 07 July, 2011, 10:50:11 am »
A Gore Path 2 jacket, necessary if I'm to get serious about my 16 mile each way commute.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #1210 on: 07 July, 2011, 11:09:24 am »
Primera Sports have a code you can put in "TOUR-10" for 10% off, this makes Gore Ozon bibshorts about sixty quid

So I had to get another pair

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1211 on: 07 July, 2011, 01:18:06 pm »
* SONdelux silver disc 36h

This arrived today.  I opened the box, took a quick look, then buried it in my desk.  Otherwise, instead of working, I'd be tempted to sit here and gaze upon TEH SHINY.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1212 on: 07 July, 2011, 02:05:29 pm »
This arrived today.  I opened the box, took a quick look, then buried it in my desk.  Otherwise, instead of working, I'd be tempted to sit here and gaze upon TEH SHINY.

Here, have some pr0n...

« Reply #1213 on: 07 July, 2011, 02:51:42 pm »
11.34 cassette, chain and a 22T chain wheel, I'm struggling on steep hills so I thought I would lower my gearing at the moment I have 11-32 24T I know it is only a small improvement, but “every little helps”

« Reply #1214 on: 07 July, 2011, 03:44:08 pm »
This arrived today.  I opened the box, took a quick look, then buried it in my desk.  Otherwise, instead of working, I'd be tempted to sit here and gaze upon TEH SHINY.

Here, have some pr0n...

SONs do have that rather nice, tubby overweight hub look to them. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1215 on: 07 July, 2011, 04:06:28 pm »
SONs do have that rather nice, tubby overweight hub look to them. ;D

Only the Delux (AKA 20R) - the SON 28 is cylindrical.  And the Delux only actually looks silly when built into a full-size wheel (which is a slightly silly thing to want to do in the first place).

« Reply #1216 on: 07 July, 2011, 05:55:07 pm »
Various energy/recovery bars, spare V-brake blocks, overshoes and a set of cable wraps.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1217 on: 08 July, 2011, 12:33:54 am »
Not personally, but my partner has bought a new rear wheel.  Didn't have much choice, after a catastrophic but fortunately non-injurious failure of the axle on the old one earlier today.

They charged him a fiver less than the ticket price, and that included removing the cassette from the old one and fitting it to the new one.

I do like my corner shop.

« Reply #1218 on: 08 July, 2011, 12:38:22 am »
Not personally, but my partner has bought a new rear wheel.  Didn't have much choice, after a catastrophic but fortunately non-injurious failure of the axle on the old one earlier today.

They charged him a fiver less than the ticket price, and that included removing the cassette from the old one and fitting it to the new one.

More cake offered soon ?  ;)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1219 on: 08 July, 2011, 01:08:32 am »

Has SmallestCub been making him go high-speed comedy off-roading again?   ;D

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1220 on: 08 July, 2011, 01:13:12 am »
Chain ring bolts after last weekends over torqing event

Urbane cyclist in Toronto's a great place. It's run as a workers' CoOp and has EVERYTHING!

Friendly staff too

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1221 on: 08 July, 2011, 08:58:08 am »
Ordered a new rear wheel for Butterfly, jockey wheels for TGL and commuting tyres for me.

If I'd checked my email before ordering, I'd have known to include a rim for my new front wheel :-\
Getting there...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1222 on: 08 July, 2011, 09:00:09 am »

Did they make him take his winter tyres off?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1223 on: 08 July, 2011, 01:55:44 pm »
Some purple extreme chain lube and some bar end plugs I have no memory of ordering, but appear to have been on back order from CRC for about 4 months!

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #1224 on: 08 July, 2011, 04:28:59 pm »

Not bought today, but a nice man just delivered this frame at my door. It looks like it's time for some bike building
while watching TdF.  :D