Author Topic: Bryan Chapman 2012  (Read 99357 times)

Re: Bryan Chapman 2012
« Reply #425 on: 11 May, 2012, 12:48:04 pm »
Quote from: BlackSheep

Wasn't really a quote, more a PM away from this forum.

But yes you're correct, and if I told you why it got on here you wouldn't beleive me.
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

« Reply #426 on: 11 May, 2012, 01:00:25 pm »
Near Deniolen?  You didn't decide to ride up Marchlyn Mawr did you?  Apparently there's a lovely view at the top, but I've only ever ridden up there in the rain.

« Reply #427 on: 11 May, 2012, 01:27:16 pm »
Just out of interest. Does anyone have any idea of how many cyclists over the past decade have claimed the BR when the event was a BRM event?

As no-one else is playing can I start the bidding at 4?

« Reply #428 on: 11 May, 2012, 01:47:59 pm »
Just out of interest. Does anyone have any idea of how many cyclists over the past decade have claimed the BR when the event was a BRM event?

Well, as Roy Walker would say. "You're saying 4 Nuncio, It's good --but it's not the right answer".

But there again Roy said that, even when the answer wasn't even in the ball-park.

Let's have another go, and buzz when yu think you've got the right answer.

Remember in that time there have been 831 finishers
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

simonp

« Reply #429 on: 11 May, 2012, 01:56:36 pm »
When I got back to Dolgellau in 2007 after having felt very unwell at Menai Bridge, Blacksheep was leaving with a full car. We'd decided to pack at Menai but there was nowhere to stay. We were still inside BR time but the only reason to ride for me was as a qualifier so we waited for a train. Which was very slow. That was the scenic route plus other factors already mentioned.

On other occasions the over distance has never been and issue and no 600 has been completed faster than my slowest BCM600.

« Reply #430 on: 11 May, 2012, 02:12:32 pm »
Near Deniolen?  You didn't decide to ride up Marchlyn Mawr did you?  Apparently there's a lovely view at the top, but I've only ever ridden up there in the rain.

An ex-work colleague moved to Dinorwig, so I thought it clever to pay him and his wife a visit.  Yep, you geussed - they were out.  :-[ :-[ :-[

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #431 on: 11 May, 2012, 02:52:12 pm »
the most recent email from BlackSheep talks about the scenic route and y2004 riders. i believe there is no scenic route organised this year. all i'd need to know if the route/controls changed in any way from last years' (to save me couple of hours checking gpx file)? many thanks!!

simonp

« Reply #432 on: 11 May, 2012, 02:59:07 pm »
the most recent email from BlackSheep talks about the scenic route and y2004 riders. i believe there is no scenic route organised this year. all i'd need to know if the route/controls changed in any way from last years' (to save me couple of hours checking gpx file)? many thanks!!

If you read carefully, the email mentions to ignore the notes about the Scenic route.

I /think/ as far as controls go the only change is that rather than there being two control options at the end of the second leg, the only one listed is the visitor centre. So only minor tweaking needed?

Euan Uzami

« Reply #433 on: 11 May, 2012, 03:22:17 pm »

Well, as Roy Walker would say. "You're saying 4 Nuncio, It's good --but it's not the right answer".

But there again Roy said that, even when the answer wasn't even in the ball-park.

Let's have another go, and buzz when yu think you've got the right answer.

Buzz... None? Got to be worth a guess...

« Reply #434 on: 11 May, 2012, 03:47:44 pm »
I'll guess 2

« Reply #435 on: 11 May, 2012, 03:57:53 pm »
I'll guess 2

I've got 1 of them, I don't think I was last that year but then again ....
The lights were red, his brain was small - he hardly felt a thing at all.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #436 on: 11 May, 2012, 04:53:16 pm »
I plan to follow the same route as Simon. Things tend to go badly when I don't.

the pro's & con's of using a tandem ;)

« Reply #437 on: 11 May, 2012, 07:12:46 pm »
Buzz... None? Got to be worth a guess...

Well, as Roy Walker would say. "You're saying none Ben T, It's good --but it's not the right answer".

Let's have another go, and buzz when you think you've got the right answer.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #438 on: 11 May, 2012, 07:47:07 pm »
831?

</Alan Davies>
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #439 on: 11 May, 2012, 07:55:03 pm »

I don't know but I know I'm one of them, I finished in 40h10m the first time I did this ride.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #440 on: 11 May, 2012, 07:55:15 pm »
This is going to take a long time...
How about a higher / lower response, so we can at least do a binary search?

« Reply #441 on: 11 May, 2012, 08:59:06 pm »
Well I hate to dissappoint you gentlemen, but Heaney and Nik W may well have finished out side BRM time, but I'm fairly sure they did this in BR years. So don't qualify.

The answer is less than 10, but more than zero.

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #442 on: 12 May, 2012, 07:58:40 am »

(in the spirit of feanor's binary chop)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #443 on: 12 May, 2012, 08:51:52 am »

(in the spirit of feanor's binary chop)

Well, as Roy Walker would say. "You're saying 5 mattc, It's good --but it's not the right answer".

Let's have another go, and buzz when you think you've got the right answer.

« Reply #444 on: 12 May, 2012, 10:15:53 am »
I think it's 3.

« Reply #445 on: 12 May, 2012, 10:23:57 am »
Is it 3?

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #446 on: 12 May, 2012, 12:14:04 pm »
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

simonp

« Reply #447 on: 12 May, 2012, 12:37:21 pm »
A binary search is only going to help if BlackSheep tells you ‘higher’ or ‘lower’ when you are wrong. With that in mind, I’m going to start with 831 and work downwards.

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #448 on: 12 May, 2012, 12:40:50 pm »
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

« Reply #449 on: 12 May, 2012, 12:44:49 pm »
A binary search is only going to help if BlackSheep tells you ‘higher’ or ‘lower’ when you are wrong. With that in mind, I’m going to start with 831 and work downwards.

Ah but 831 is something you build frames out of surely a red herring if BR years are to be excluded - I'm pretty sure that includes all finishers  ;)
The lights were red, his brain was small - he hardly felt a thing at all.