General Category > Freewheeling

Lost my cycling mojo

(1/22) > >>

citoyen:
For whatever reason, I just don't want to go out on my bike at the moment. Absolutely no desire at all.

My excuse last week was that it was icy. I had a heavy fall on a slippery road not so long ago (albeit due to mud rather than ice), and a few dodgy moments on icy roads last week, and I don't mind admitting that it's made me feel a bit nervous.

But all the ice has gone, and it even looked quite nice out there this morning (chilly, but nice) and I still didn't fancy it.

Is it just the time of year?

Please at least someone tell me I'm not the only one who feels like this right now. It's too depressing otherwise.  :(

d.

eck:
No mate, you are not alone, by any means.

Crap weather, not much you can do now about this year's mileage, next season seems a long way off. What's the point?

Thing is, it'll be "next season" before you know it. Give yourself a break, you'll be fancying a ride before long. Just don't set yourself big targets, just go for a bike ride when you feel like it. Which you will.  :)

kyuss:

--- Quote from: citizen smudge on 27 December, 2009, 11:38:51 pm ---For whatever reason, I just don't want to go out on my bike at the moment. Absolutely no desire at all.

--- End quote ---

I'm exactly the same. Haven't even looked at the bike for nearly 2 weeks now (though it's still icy/slushy up here which is a good excuse). I am kind of enjoying wearing normal people clothes outside though. My friends are starting to notice I'm better dressed. ;D

Don't feel bad. Like Eck says, the hunger will return.

Jaded:
2 weeks? Try months.

Apart from meeting Roger to collect the YACF top I've not been out since the YACF camping weekend. Combination of things. Hopefully resolved in a week or so time. Else I'll get fatter.

citoyen:
I think the root of the problem for me - apart from the fear of ice - is that the only cycling I've done for the past several months is my daily all-weathers three-mile slog to and from the station on a rickety Brompton. It's all utility cycling, no recreational stuff. The prospect of more of the same when I go back to work after the Christmas break just makes my heart sink. Surely the idea of riding my bike should make me feel happy, not miserable?

But yes, I know I'll have forgotten all this by the time spring arrives. Ho hum.

Watching American Flyers (on telly right now) isn't helping. Oh to be out on the open road on a fast bike in nice weather with gorgeous female hitch-hikers smiling at you...

d.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version