Author Topic: A random thread for food things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 513439 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
I don't care much for onions but get them to keep The Man happy.

That's very interesting. I love fried onions.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

What would a steak be without onions, a curry would not indeed could not exist without onions, or is it raw onions, I am fortunate in that there is not much I do not like (although Welks spring to mind)  :)
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Last night, for tea|dinner|supper* I made a salad.

It was a bit of mish-mash as I basically went through the fridge, chucking in what I could find.

It had:
Lettuce
Cucumber
Tomato
Prawns
Crayfish
Smoked salmon
Smoked Trout
Fried Halloumi.

It was delicious!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
I think you might have put that in the wrong thread, AWL! But I'll also say that my postman friend does not seem bothered by it, although as he's a Sikh, he might be thought to have more reason than most to be concerned. The only political leaflets we've had here have been LD and Green, thankfully!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

I think you might have put that in the wrong thread, AWL! But I'll also say that my postman friend does not seem bothered by it, although as he's a Sikh, he might be thought to have more reason than most to be concerned. The only political leaflets we've had here have been LD and Green, thankfully!
I am a plonker!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
KP - have you changed the recipe of your chilli peanuts? They don't taste right :(
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Marco Stefano

• Apply some pressure, you lose some pressure...
My first attempt at ravioli from first principles last night; ravioli Napoletana (mozzarella, parmesan, ricotta, ham, parsley & egg), made with home made egg pasta. and with a garlic & tomato sauce.

They were a bit enormous (described by Ms Marco as 'small pies') and hand crimping took a while, but no leakage during cooking and very nice indeed.

Where do you live that sounded lovely   ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
David found the last two Lindor truffles I hid for Easter Sunday today.

tiermat

I have just been shopping and, as such, have a bag full of tapas dishes for tonight.

There are 3 bottles of Red at home, awaiting my attention.

Mrs T is out on a girly night out tonight.

I have Pacific Rim on the Sky box to watch.

Days like this don't come along too often!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
What time do you want me there?  ;D
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Bottle each is it.... ;)

I'm putting myself out to protect both your healths....I am a martyr. O:-)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Just had toast with Nutella and crunchy peanut butter topping.  It was lovely.

tiermat

Just had toast with Nutella and crunchy peanut butter topping.  It was lovely.

Peanut butter and black cherry jam, or PB and mashed up banananananananana on toast is ambrosia...

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
There used to be a sandwich kiosk in Bristol that did a mean PB and Banana.
A slice of white bread, lightly buttered with salad stuff on top. On top of this a piece of toast with the crusts cut off to fit within the boundary of the bread. On the toast, thickly spread PB and generously sliced banananana, topped off with the second slice of lightly buttered bread.

Ummm.

(Rations by the fish market did better sandwiches, but no PB)
216km from Marsh Gibbon

The hairs on kiwi fruit: so very surplus to requirements.

tiermat

I have just been shopping and, as such, have a bag full of tapas dishes for tonight.

There are 3 bottles of Red at home, awaiting my attention.

Mrs T is out on a girly night out tonight.

I have Pacific Rim on the Sky box to watch.

Days like this don't come along too often!

I have bloody well jinxed it!

Mrs T has just called to say that TLD's mate who's house she was going to tonight has been sent home from school, sick.

So now I need to collect TLD from her other mate's house.

Won't prevent me from having the tapas (though I will have to share), or the red wine, but I can see the watching of Pacific Rim being interrupted! :(

mcshroom

• Mushroom
TLD may be sick from what her friend has so needs to go to bed early to keep her immune defenses up? :demon:
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Talking of things peanutty, how about peanuts and Bacon:

For more bacon goodness

Working my way up to inferior.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
The food processor that David bought for £15 from ASDA last year is smelling like the motor is burning out.
I have ordered a rather more costly Magimix from John Lewis to replace it.

Our Magimix (the one with French writing) is 20 years and still going strong, I bought a Kenwood Chef and Barbara took it (Magimix) to the Pub/Restaurant she is a chef at and it is just getting into its stride, they are brilliant   :)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
I am looking forward to getting the Magimix. David thought my purchase was a bit hasty but:

1) I had searched the yacf archives.
2) John Lewis had an offer for free Magimix accessories with most purchases, which expires today.
3) It's my birthday next week and I like the odd present, even if I buy it myself.
4) There's a 20 year guarantee on the motor so it should be a lifetime purchase.

clarion

• Tyke
It said 'Moussaka' on the packet, but I'm pretty certain I was feeding the lad brains:

P6010013 by TJ Clarion, on Flickr
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
Getting there...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Pudding. Angel desert. Chocolate, butterscotch or banana? Chocolate. It won't thicken - added too much milk. No problem - add banana too!

Chocolate and banana extra thick angel delight. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Food of the - angels.  ;D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.