Author Topic: A question for titanium bike owners  (Read 7293 times)

Re: A question for titanium bike owners
« Reply #50 on: 01 July, 2009, 12:37:23 pm »
Aaaarggggh! I hate you all on this thread. I was pretty sure the Enigma Etape was my dream bike, till you showed me this Planet-X bike.
And don't forget the full panoply of Ti bike makers listed here.
Rust never sleeps

gonzo

« Reply #51 on: 01 July, 2009, 12:39:30 pm »
Secondly, Enigma are English.  Lynskey are American.  Why give money to them when it can support home grown industry?

I think they're made in England too now! The only UK based ti bike manufacturing?

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #52 on: 01 July, 2009, 01:36:34 pm »
After the service I did not get from Planet X following my latest Dinotte failure, I would not touch them with a barge pole, ever again.  For that reason alone I did not even consider the Lynskey.

Secondly, Enigma are English.  Lynskey are American.  Why give money to them when it can support home grown industry?

Fair comment.  Even though Enigma polish up their frame even more than Planet X so I think the Etape looks nicer, in the end it came down to cost - the Planet X was £500 cheaper.  

I'd been aware of Peli's horrendous problems with Enigma though I also knew Planet X have a bit of a mixed reputation.  In fact, after a week, they haven't replied to my complaint that they shouldn't ship the Ti Sportive with long drop brakes, as it means even on its highest adjustment, the very bottom of the brake pad just touches the non rim part of the wheel, so at some point I'll be doing a rant about Planet X if they don't give me another pair of normal brakes.  

Apart from that, it's still a very nice bike.

Here's another photo or 2.  ;)

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #53 on: 01 July, 2009, 01:54:40 pm »
I think they're made in England too now! The only UK based ti bike manufacturing?

Zerofour are certainly equally English (although I'd rather say British) - frames fabricated in the far east but designed, finished and assembled in Britiain. Isn't the same true of Sabbath too?

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #54 on: 01 July, 2009, 01:57:57 pm »
Fast and responsive(except up hills ,nothing to do with the bike) and quite comfy

Very different not as responsive but armchair comfy bought for different purposes ie winter/tourer and definately not a looker

Yet I still hanker after a roubaix  ???

« Reply #55 on: 01 July, 2009, 02:00:25 pm »

Zerofour are certainly equally English (although I'd rather say British) - frames fabricated in the far east but designed, finished and assembled in Britiain. Isn't the same true of Sabbath too?
Yes.
Rust never sleeps