Author Topic: Postpersons' bike ban  (Read 5992 times)

Re: Postpersons' bike ban
« Reply #50 on: 16 September, 2010, 10:31:21 pm »
if you apply for a postie's job, there's still a question about whether or not you can ride a bike.

Riding the bike would be the only reason for being a postie IMO  ;D

Most I've spoken too, love riding the bikes and are pi55ed-off by the 'modern' alternative.  The bike is so Post-moderne..

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #51 on: 17 September, 2010, 12:48:19 am »
Have they not heard of trailers?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #52 on: 17 September, 2010, 09:27:09 am »
I'm surprised the Union aren't backing the bikes.  If you need a full UK driving licence to deliver post then that's excluding quite a lot of people.
I heard a union bloke on the radio a couple of weeks ago. He was backing the move from bikes to vans on the grounds that motor vehicles are 'more modern', i.e. the same specious argument as the management drone.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #53 on: 17 September, 2010, 09:31:58 am »
I'm surprised the Union aren't backing the bikes.  If you need a full UK driving licence to deliver post then that's excluding quite a lot of people.
I heard a union bloke on the radio a couple of weeks ago. He was backing the move from bikes to vans on the grounds that motor vehicles are 'more modern', i.e. the same specious argument as the management drone.

Nihilistic technofetishism.

What they need are carbon postie bikes.   :demon:
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #54 on: 17 September, 2010, 10:30:42 pm »
What they need are carbon postie bikes.   :demon:

Yes.
A book of 12 second class stamps, that'll be £50 please sir.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #55 on: 20 September, 2010, 10:55:49 am »
A Storck is cheaper than a Ford Transit Connect ;)
Getting there...