Author Topic: YACF "Can I have a go mate?" session...  (Read 7866 times)

Re: YACF "Can I have a go mate?" session...
« Reply #25 on: 12 November, 2011, 08:02:52 am »
would love to join in and see if I can ride a recumbereance..  Richmond park isnt the most accessible of parks for us outside London, how about battersea or hyde park?

I can either bring a moulton or some shiny Ti!

« Reply #26 on: 12 November, 2011, 09:34:00 am »
yes i am interested  :thumbsup:. i have a anthrotech , qnt ,trice adventure with 81 gears and the thorn lwb. getting them all to the place decided might be interesting but i am willing to try  O:-) :)
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #27 on: 12 November, 2011, 10:26:41 am »
What a fun idea!  I have nothing useful to contribute bike-wise, but do have a small horse lorry that might be useful for getting a minor herd of bikes to one place if there is some form of parking for what is essentially a 3.5 tonne van with a ramp on the driver's side  :)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #28 on: 12 November, 2011, 10:37:47 am »
I've never been on a unicycle or a bent or a tandem trike or a trike of any sort for that matter, & I haven't been on a tandem or a fixie for 25 years. Come to think of it I've never been on a penny farthing either. Or a randy Stag. In fact downtube shifters would be a novelty. Anyone got a fixed recumbent trike?

I have a DF trike
           a recumbent trike
            a 2 wheel swb trike
              a tandem
               a a fixie
                 a DF with downtube shifters

can't help with a randy Penny or a Farthing stag

I'm a loooooong way from yourself thobut
ETA my son has a uni-cycle

« Reply #29 on: 12 November, 2011, 10:43:40 am »
Does sound fun. I am wondering if it's something to hold off until the spring and nicer weather. Camping sounds fun, to make it worth travelling, rather than just a day. As a Northerner, the Midlands sounds easier.

I have a Catrike Dash, which is titchy. And a Brom, for the Brom curious.

If MFWHTBAB came too (and a car would make it so much easier....), he has a KMX/Mad Max cross. We've never actually got them both in the car, but I'm sure something could be done....
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #30 on: 12 November, 2011, 11:17:13 am »
I am up for this, happy to perhaps supply trailer transport from midlands area and coffee making facilities.
I am sure Mrs Miggins will supply cake and fings!
I have not been to the dark side for a few years, but I bet I could be tempted back!

« Reply #31 on: 14 November, 2011, 01:07:03 pm »
I'd be up for this. I could bring an ICE Sprint (set up for little people) and cake.

« Reply #32 on: 14 November, 2011, 02:43:13 pm »

a 2 wheel swb trike

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Although thinking about it, I have a 3 wheeled 'unicycle'.  :demon:

Actually I have 3 of them - they are called Skatebikes.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #33 on: 14 November, 2011, 03:40:58 pm »

a 2 wheel swb trike

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

it's the way I ride 'em ;D
Should read...
2 wheel s.w.b. 'bent.

thanks to W.J.

« Reply #34 on: 14 November, 2011, 03:58:43 pm »
How about doing this in Dulwich Park?
There's easy car parking right at the park entrance and a train station right nearby.
It's a big park, well used to wierd bicycles and variants thereof and there's plenty of space to ride around.

« Reply #35 on: 14 November, 2011, 04:56:58 pm »
There must be a nice big park in the Birmingham area or somewhere equally accessible midlands-wise for one of these sessions.   I can almost see the London and south east contingent having their own little do just because there are so many of them.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #36 on: 14 November, 2011, 04:59:05 pm »
There must be a nice big park in the Birmingham area or somewhere equally accessible midlands-wise for one of these sessions.   I can almost see the London and south east contingent having their own little do just because there are so many of them.

Which kind of comes back to what I was saying earlier, it might be an idea to have more than one of these (I initially said South and North, but looking more like one in SE/London, on in the Midlands and on oop North).

We also need a roving reporter to go to as many as possible to report the differences :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #37 on: 14 November, 2011, 05:02:15 pm »
There's a nice big park in Leicester where Cyclefest was once - I saw the world record Penny Stack and the bent racing whilst I was there.  I also briefly met Joff complete with pith helmet and loaded Penny as he and we exited Leicester via a cycleway. 

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #38 on: 14 November, 2011, 06:01:43 pm »
Or MK for easy access from London and the north.
If on a Sat we could use the Bowl as it's fairly close to the station and has parking across the lake for car drivers.

Rich

« Reply #39 on: 14 November, 2011, 08:04:43 pm »
There's a nice big park in Leicester where Cyclefest was once - I saw the world record Penny Stack and the bent racing whilst I was there.  I also briefly met Joff complete with pith helmet and loaded Penny as he and we exited Leicester via a cycleway.

That's Abbey Park, and it was a Spokesfest event, mostly organised by Hilldodger of this parish.

Hilldodger may be along to correct me, but if the event is a public one, then liability insurance will be needed. We have run into problems with the park nazis keepers at Abbey park when we were trying to do some filming of Cyclemagic's bikes there, even tho' we had permission.

Although it is a long way off (August Bank Holiday), Mildenhall rally usually provides a good opportunity to try the bikes of some of the odder variety belonging to some forummers.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Si

« Reply #40 on: 15 November, 2011, 01:35:21 pm »

As mentioned earlier - Sutton Park, largest urban park in UK, handy for rail, MWays, etc, free parking, easy to get out into the countryside, couple of pubs and a cafe in the park.  It's not the sort of place that you'd want to be riding round and round all day, but it would be good for people getting a feel of things and then maybe heading out into the country side.

« Reply #41 on: 15 November, 2011, 04:02:31 pm »
Once a venue is sorted out, I'll hope bring my twin hub geared, HSD and Rolhoff combo, ICE trike to show it off.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #42 on: 15 November, 2011, 04:13:10 pm »
Aye,.Sutton Park.Good idea.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #43 on: 15 November, 2011, 09:09:38 pm »
Aye,.Sutton Park.Good idea.

Gets my vote...

« Reply #44 on: 15 November, 2011, 09:14:24 pm »
Hmmm, yes. Button Park  :thumbsup:

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #45 on: 15 November, 2011, 09:15:19 pm »
Has anyone suggested a date yet?  Sutton Park would suit me (local train runs every 10 mins from Mordor Central)
Mrs B will be in Brum next w/e.  Do I need to ask her to load up my unicycle or have I got time to bring it up after Crimble?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #46 on: 20 July, 2012, 11:46:54 pm »
*bump*

The idea cropped up again, it's no longer winter (though I'm hesitant to describe what we're currently experiencing as 'summer'), and we seem to have a reasonable level of enthusiasm...

Richmond Park?  Sutton Park?  Both?  Camping?  Dates?

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #47 on: 21 July, 2012, 02:36:53 am »
I vote for Richmond Park cos it's easy for me. I shall bring Challenge Concept Trike, albeit with a shorten'd boom so might not be suitable for those nudging 6ft+.

I'd also be up for camping.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #48 on: 21 July, 2012, 07:36:37 am »
I don't camp so a day event is more my thing and Londinium is reachable by me.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #49 on: 21 July, 2012, 07:58:26 am »
As ever never sure I'll be able to get to anything, but anywhere in Lunnon is fine for me, Richmond has something to be said in terms of size and a bit of an 'ill, Vicky Pary (Victoria Park) is prob the most central  park with a network of cycleable paths, no 'ill though. (Little bump of a cyclepath over the A12 is the onliest thing)