Author Topic: My sense of distance and direction is fooked.  (Read 1934 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
My sense of distance and direction is fooked.
« on: 09 April, 2008, 10:43:00 pm »
This morning I decide that seeing as I don't have a full camera kit to take to the school that I'm going to cycle in. The school is in Haringey, so I look up the route on Google maps, jesus I think to myself, my 1.1mile commute to work has more twists and turns in it. So Google tells me to go to Kingsland (round the corner from m) road and go straight for 6 miles and you're on the door step, that's two turns! So why did it take the M25 to make me realise that I'd probably gone a tad too far?

No worries, I've got 30 minutes before my students arrive, turn around, crank up the iPod with the "Go Faster" playlist and well shoot off like a nuke from Dubya's greased up hands. It should be about 6-10 miles straight behind me. So how did I end up going via Tottenham, Ponders End, Edmonton, Seven Sisters, and Wood Green? Even better is that I was the fastest thing on wheels and made it into the with enough time to get changed, have a ciggy and grab a coffee from the staff room.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Re: My sense of distance and direction is fooked.
« Reply #1 on: 10 April, 2008, 08:13:52 pm »
Keeps you fit  :P

« Reply #2 on: 11 April, 2008, 03:30:28 pm »
*Proffers Garmin*

Well, it's the only way I find my way around London, LOL!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #3 on: 11 April, 2008, 11:02:58 pm »
That reminds me, I should really get my satnav license transffered to my new PDA
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #4 on: 11 April, 2008, 11:06:54 pm »
I'm shite at getting around London and I have absolutely no excuse because I was born here and have lived here all my life. My sense of direction is awful.

Isn't Edmonton lovely though.  ::-)