Author Topic: Bottle cage holder for recumbent seat  (Read 2922 times)

Bottle cage holder for recumbent seat
« on: 07 August, 2022, 04:31:19 pm »
Bottle cage holder which allows the bottle to be offset from the seat. Photo isn't great but it's a rectangular piece of metal which fits on the underside of my recumbent seat and has 4 bolt holes, one in each corner, 2 for attaching to the seat and 2 for the actual bottle cage.
Anyone any idea where I can get these?

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: Bottle cage holder for recumbent seat
« Reply #1 on: 08 August, 2022, 07:57:19 am »
Do you need the offset?

I have two that are mounted just on drilled holes theough the seat with nut and bolt, works pretty well.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 08 August, 2022, 12:03:02 pm »
I molished something similar to re-use the bottle cage seat drillings to mount a tailbox, and then attach the cages (slightly offset, to make room for the bottle) inside the box.

Mk1 sheet of aluminium of the appropriate thickness with some holes drilled in it and some M5 clinch nuts.  I added some self-adhesive neoprene foam to account for the slight curvature on the inside of the tailbox, but you wouldn't need that.

« Reply #3 on: 09 August, 2022, 07:06:24 pm »
Do you need the offset?

I have two that are mounted just on drilled holes theough the seat with nut and bolt, works pretty well.
+1

« Reply #4 on: 13 August, 2022, 09:18:58 pm »
Do you need the offset?

I think I did something similar, because my seat was curved where I wanted to mount the cage I added standoffs/spacers to the bolts so a straight backed bottle cage could be bolted to a curved seat.

« Reply #6 on: 08 January, 2023, 11:35:40 am »
ICE used to do a bottle mount bracket for the hard shell seats.