Author Topic: [HAMR] womens record attempt - Kajsa Tylen Jan 1st start  (Read 148374 times)

hillbilly

Re: womens record
« Reply #150 on: 08 January, 2016, 01:49:46 pm »
She is doing just fine and we wish her the very best.  I wonder how many LADY AUK MEMBERS could have a crack at this record?

I suspect the question is more how many would want to. 
I can think of at least two who would destroy the current record if they applied themselves to it.

« Reply #151 on: 08 January, 2016, 02:23:33 pm »
Precisely.

365 days of riding a moderately long way is not a challenge I'm going to contemplate this lifetime.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #152 on: 08 January, 2016, 03:15:09 pm »
Not ruling out 365 days of riding an extraordinarily long way then?
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #153 on: 08 January, 2016, 04:16:12 pm »
365 days of an extraordinarily long way isn't something I'm capable of.

« Reply #154 on: 08 January, 2016, 05:02:50 pm »
Ah! So you contemplate riding a very long way?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #155 on: 08 January, 2016, 07:44:29 pm »
She is doing just fine and we wish her the very best.  I wonder how many LADY AUK MEMBERS could have a crack at this record?

I can think of at least two who would destroy the current record if they applied themselves to it.

Damning with faint praise it seems to me  :-\
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #156 on: 08 January, 2016, 07:49:33 pm »
Out of the many that have the mental/physical capacity to beat the current record there are very few that are in a position to spend a year doing so; careers/jobs/family/money/etc.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #157 on: 08 January, 2016, 09:27:50 pm »
Tracker is live for day 8  :thumbsup:

And I see thet tracker page has been changed so that actual mileage for the day is displayed in "real time".

Jep! Been following this post for a few days now. Couldn't resist to tweak the code a bit after reading this.

Tedde

« Reply #158 on: 08 January, 2016, 09:29:56 pm »
Out of the many that have the mental/physical capacity to beat the current record there are very few that are in a position to spend a year doing so; careers/jobs/family/money/etc.

Treat yourself to a gap year!  :thumbsup:

« Reply #159 on: 08 January, 2016, 09:30:55 pm »

Treat yourself to a gap year!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #160 on: 08 January, 2016, 09:32:10 pm »

Treat yourself to a gap year!

That would also require a sex change.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #161 on: 08 January, 2016, 10:10:12 pm »
For those of you assuming the female challenge is 'easy' because it is fewer miles- think again (unless you are female).

And for those that are female (like HK), should they think again? Why?

I only meant that anyone who is female can decide for themselves if they think it's easy- I'm not intending to speak for them, IYSWIM.
I'm sure HK could push the record way out of reach of most of us (and definitely me!) if she chose to do it  ;D

hillbilly

« Reply #162 on: 09 January, 2016, 05:32:53 am »

Damning with faint praise it seems to me  :-\

Sorry? I don't understand how my statement qualifies as either damning or faint praise?

« Reply #163 on: 09 January, 2016, 09:14:24 am »
I wonder if RAF sees it as possible to infer a suggestion that there are some members who aren't applying themselves, or that the current record is easy, given that it could be 'destroyed' so readily.

(I think you could read it that way, but only if you were really determined ...)

« Reply #164 on: 09 January, 2016, 10:34:49 am »
Tracker is live for day 8

And I see thet tracker page has been changed so that actual mileage for the day is displayed in "real time".

Jep! Been following this post for a few days now. Couldn't resist to tweak the code a bit after reading this.

Tedde

Welcome to the forum Kajsa, great start, keep it going  :thumbsup:

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #165 on: 09 January, 2016, 03:35:12 pm »
There has been an exchange of tweets: https://twitter.com/yearinthesaddle/status/685546882051997697

!!!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #166 on: 09 January, 2016, 03:42:10 pm »
I wonder if RAF sees it as possible to infer a suggestion that there are some members who aren't applying themselves, or that the current record is easy, given that it could be 'destroyed' so readily.

(I think you could read it that way, but only if you were really determined ...)

Crikey - that wasn't intent at all! It just I don't get the whole "but many other could do much better" thing.  As I've said elsewhere, it's likely that someone like Chrissie Wellington could easily do it - she could possibly rival Steve, Kurt et al, but she isn't.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #167 on: 09 January, 2016, 09:51:06 pm »
Tracker is live for day 8  :thumbsup:

Tedde

Cool!
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #168 on: 10 January, 2016, 06:19:12 am »
On my way to Billericay to join today's ride. Hopefully I will be able to keep up.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #169 on: 10 January, 2016, 07:47:03 am »
On my way to Billericay to join today's ride. Hopefully I will be able to keep up.

Have a good day,  we look forward to your report later.  :thumbsup:

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #170 on: 10 January, 2016, 08:35:21 am »

GO WOWBAGGER!

;D
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #171 on: 10 January, 2016, 09:17:17 am »
And they're off!   :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #172 on: 10 January, 2016, 09:41:09 am »
Go Kajsa!  Go Bagger!
Getting there...

« Reply #173 on: 10 January, 2016, 09:52:30 am »
Oooh can't wait for the report Wowbagger!   :thumbsup:

Go Kajsa!
Does not play well with others