General Category > Freewheeling

Modulable winter tyres

(1/3) > >>

mzjo:
This publicity was in my mailbox today, sent by my favourite tyre suppliers. No interest to me whatsoever but after her adventures last winter somehow this made me think of QG

https://www.cycletyres.fr/m-retyre-314.html?utm_source=Cycletyres.fr&utm_campaign=5c446d0107-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_09_20_10_28_COPY_03&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9d02bbdf0f-5c446d0107-88552945

Sorry it's in french. There is an english language button but somehow I couldn't make the link copy

quixoticgeek:

Yeah, have seen these before. I think they were on kickstarter too. Still unsure of their durability.

J

FifeingEejit:
My history of destroying saddlebag zips with ingrained mud makes me scheptical.

mzjo:

--- Quote from: FifeingEejit on 10 February, 2020, 09:44:51 pm ---My history of destroying saddlebag zips with ingrained mud makes me scheptical.

--- End quote ---

Yes the zip aspect seemed to me a bit suboptimal. I can just imagine in the snow and ice trying to unfreeze bits of zip to stick the necessary stud belt on. There could be better ways of achieving this (like snow belts on car tyres). They might be restricted to bikes with discs but then the conditions might well dictate that technical choice anyway.

Kim:
This is either genius or insanity.  I'm leaning towards the latter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version