Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 147437 times)

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #200 on: 12 November, 2012, 07:42:37 am »
I dreamt that I *had* to travel to Edinburgh, despite it costing several hundred pounds to get there (from Dunfermline), as I *had* to buy Schwalbe Marathon GreenGuard tyres.
Then when I got to Edinburgh, I was in a panic as I couldn't find anywhere that stocked them.   ???

Curiously, I have been pondering about a set of new tyres for my tourer for over the winter...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #201 on: 12 November, 2012, 07:28:52 pm »
Then followed one of those annoying dream segments I get a lot where not matter how hard I pull on the handbrake the vehicle I'm driving/parking just won't stay still. At least the fence I knocked down wasn't real.

Every Cinquecento driver gets them.

« Reply #202 on: 12 November, 2012, 08:43:04 pm »
Ha, I've never actually had a handbrake problem bar having to pull quite high on a couple but they've always held.

I do rather regularly dream about such things though, I wonder what I'm really worried about  ???
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #203 on: 12 November, 2012, 09:42:53 pm »
Then followed one of those annoying dream segments I get a lot where not matter how hard I pull on the handbrake the vehicle I'm driving/parking just won't stay still. At least the fence I knocked down wasn't real.

Every Cinquecento driver gets them.

Funnily enough, I once had a similar dream - and I don't even drive.  Well, I had a lesson, once, 20+years ago and then went out in the car (a VW tho) with Granny Annie once, and drove into a hedge.  And had one lesson about 7 years ago in York, and hated it still, not least because of my utter inability to interpret what I was looking at in mirrors and the instructor's utter inability to understand that.

Odd dream though.  I'd forgotten about it until I read that post!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #204 on: 12 November, 2012, 09:54:22 pm »
Funnily enough, I once had a similar dream - and I don't even drive.

I used to get out-of-control-car dreams a lot more frequently before I learned to drive.

At least, until I owned a Cinquecento.   ;D

These days, I find that imaginary rear wheel bicycle skids are not uncommonly connected to that seconds-away-from-fully-asleep whole body spasm, especially if I've been riding off-road that day.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #205 on: 06 December, 2012, 02:18:15 pm »
I had an odd dream a night or two ago in which I was at the National Inter-County under-9 Chess Team Championships, in charge of Essex as usual.

All the other counties' team managers were YACFers.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #206 on: 15 January, 2013, 12:01:01 pm »

I was the secretary and bodyguard to Richard Stilgoe while in Kigali reporting on the civil war.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #207 on: 15 January, 2013, 01:26:20 pm »

Wow, I get these as well! Usually I'm on a slope and the car inexorably starts to roll down, I'm hauling on the handbrake to no avail. Never any real speed or crashes, just the gnawing feeling that this heavy car is going to nudge something quite forcefully eventually.

« Reply #208 on: 15 January, 2013, 08:39:41 pm »
I've had it, or variants of it, several times since then. That or manuvering in a car park and the car keeps going sideways despite no ice/snow.

Disconcerting.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #209 on: 23 January, 2013, 02:03:37 pm »
Last night I dreamed I lived at my dad's and I got a massive Russian grey cat and called him Baryshnikov, but I called him Pushka for short. He went out at night the first time I got him and was romping about in the back fields but a lion came and tried to stalk him so he hid and I was trying to chase the lion off by shining huge floodlights at it to get him back safely. It was very anxiety-provoking.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #210 on: 23 January, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »
Dreamt we were on hols in Italy and I looked out the back window saw a for sale sign. Looked it up on the internet and found out if we sold here we could buy it. So went to have a look. It was about 5 storeys, cut into the side of a small mountain. Most of the rest of the dream was spent exploring it and imagining how much money we'd spend if we did buy it. Oh, and marvelling at the wooden steps that you put into place to get to the sea. They were about 30 foot long.
It is simpler than it looks.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #211 on: 23 January, 2013, 07:46:10 pm »
I woke up the other day after dreaming that Bjork had got really really fat. 

"Bjork has got really fat!" people were saying, "Doesn't she look great?"

Very odd. 
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #212 on: 24 January, 2013, 06:19:00 am »
Last night I dreamt I lived 40km underground struggling to prepare water for scientists. And growing plants for food.

fuzzy

« Reply #213 on: 24 January, 2013, 08:05:55 am »
Last night I dreamed that I was a stealth bomber pilot on a secret mission with Angelina Jolie as my co pilot. An hour or so into the mission an alarm started to sound and Angelina and I struggled to identify what the cause of this potentially mission ending alarm was. Suddenly SWMBO kicked me in the shins and I discovered the alarm was my clock and it was past time to get out of bed ::-)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #214 on: 01 February, 2013, 09:37:15 am »
I was in a small town built of concrete and metal shacks. It looked like maybe Central America. I crossed a dusty, busy road, under the hot sun and walked up a steep, narrow street of fairly large houses with green, grassy gardens. Suddenly I knew I was going to visit Squiggle. Whatever name he's using now. I couldn't remember the number of his house but when I saw a lawn with several toddlers trikes, I knew it was his. A large, '60s modernist bungalow. I rang the bell. He wasn't expecting me but opened the door with his characteristic cheeky grin. We went to inspect his shiny, complicated coffee machine and there was a surprise - another visitor, Mal Volio! MV was worried about his car, a three-wheeled Mercedes - was it still parked outside? I reassured him. Then I woke up suddenly and was genuinely surprised to find myself in my own bed.

When I fell asleep again the dream continued. Or was it another dream? Now I was logging on to the forum and Biggsy had posted a photo of a poisonous insect which he'd found in his house. This was causing quite a stir, partly for Biggsy's safety and partly because it was such a rare species. And then it faded out.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #215 on: 01 February, 2013, 04:07:11 pm »
Last night I dreamed I had to name four types of bacon

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #216 on: 01 February, 2013, 04:56:21 pm »
Did you succeed?

Without invoking T S Eliot?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #217 on: 03 February, 2013, 11:18:46 pm »
Had one last night which hardly involved any marbles or microswitches, but did feature clarion OTP having trouble with an ICE trike after cold-setting the frame to narrow the track width with a large hammer(!); various stuff pertaining to databases that I'd been thinking about before I went to bed; and David Cameron making me late for a train by calling in my unattended bike as a security threat, and then - for reasons too poorly explained to get into - dying painfully in an enormous fireball (while I survived unharmed on account of knowing to duck).

Good ending, anyway.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #218 on: 03 February, 2013, 11:38:23 pm »
I've had a few mornings in which I've woken up with the uncomfortable feeling that I've had a weird/funny dream without actually remembering what the dream was.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #219 on: 04 February, 2013, 07:05:32 am »
Do you think I need a bigger hammer?
Getting there...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #220 on: 04 February, 2013, 02:26:23 pm »
Ah, I have been waiting for an appropriate place to post this. A couple of weeks ago I awoke with a start at around 0300, thinking: Hendon! Just that.

As far as I know I have no connection with Hendon. Whatever could it mean?

Dunno. I have many connections with Hendon; parents, two brothers and seven offsprung live there.
There's Johnson's of Hendon (litmus paper in the 60s)
Hendon Aerodrome (now Grahame Park Estate) and the RAF Museum, Hendon
Metropolitan Police College, Hendon (closed)
The greyhound track was demolished before Brent Cross flyover was built.

Then there's a Hendon somewhere oop North.

fuzzy

« Reply #221 on: 04 February, 2013, 02:45:47 pm »
Ah, I have been waiting for an appropriate place to post this. A couple of weeks ago I awoke with a start at around 0300, thinking: Hendon! Just that.

As far as I know I have no connection with Hendon. Whatever could it mean?

Dunno. I have many connections with Hendon; parents, two brothers and seven offsprung live there.
There's Johnson's of Hendon (litmus paper in the 60s)
Hendon Aerodrome (now Grahame Park Estate) and the RAF Museum, Hendon
Metropolitan Police College, Hendon (closed)
The greyhound track was demolished before Brent Cross flyover was built.

Then there's a Hendon somewhere oop North.

Nah,

I think he had just left a chook cooking in't oven.

« Reply #222 on: 04 February, 2013, 03:27:27 pm »
Last night, amongst a proliferation of strangeness, at one point I was expecting to see a bottle nosed dolphin in the Thames. I didn't see one of those, but I did see a hammerhead shark, very clearly.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #223 on: 04 February, 2013, 03:29:53 pm »
David says he dreamt his iPad caught on fire after he cooked an egg on it...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #224 on: 04 February, 2013, 03:39:03 pm »
I dreamed this morning, inter alia, that I was chasing an errant videotape around.  I managed to entice it into a videoplayer, but it turned out to be a good quality one, and my colleague was cursing that it wasn't a JVC, which would, of course (?), mangle the tape into an unusable form.
Getting there...