Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 147983 times)

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #300 on: 17 June, 2013, 01:02:32 pm »
I dreamt last night that I got seven hours of deep, uninterupted, dreamless sleep.

No, wait a minute, thats what happened; so more like a dream fulfilled! :D
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #301 on: 18 June, 2013, 11:09:19 pm »
Oh goodness. This has reminded me of last night's dream.

The main protagonists were Charlotte and Julian, but other yacfers featured as extras.

Charlotte had posted something in Health and Fitness seeking advice on behalf of Julian, who was suffering a  minor ailment. I forget what the minor ailment was.

But this post was considered by The Forum Police (a force outside yacf) to contravene Forum Rools as it was too descriptive. The Forum Police demanded that the topic be no longer discussed!

So instead of continuing the thread through the medium of the written word, Charlotte posted a video of herself and Julian renacting the original post (the description of the ailment) in the form of a silent movie. And, in a wibbly-wobbly, dreamy-weamy type way, other forum members (Basil was prominent, as were Crinkly and Jurek) started floating in and out of the background of the movie offering advice through dance and mime.

If I remember correctly, all ailments were successfully sorted.

[Please note: no cheese was harmed in the making of the above dream.]

LindaG

« Reply #302 on: 18 June, 2013, 11:11:36 pm »

The main protagonists were Charlotte and Julian, but other yacfers featured as extras.

Charlotte had posted something in Health and Fitness seeking advice on behalf of Julian, who was suffering a  minor ailment. I forget what the minor ailment was.

But this post was considered by The Forum Police (a force outside yacf) to contravene Forum Rools as it was too descriptive. The Forum Police demanded that the topic be no longer discussed!

So instead of continuing the thread through the medium of the written word, Charlotte posted a video of herself and Julian renacting the original post (the description of the ailment) in the form of a silent movie. And, in a wibbly-wobbly, dreamy-weamy type way, other forum members (Basil was prominent, as were Crinkly and Jurek) started floating in and out of the background of the movie offering advice through dance and mime.

That needs to be on YouTube.

Last week I in my holiday cottage I dreamed Deano had fallen asleep on the sofa.  He had improbably skinny long legs, which were draped all over the place and I kept falling over them.  Seriously, they were so long they were in all three rooms downstairs, wibbly wobblied all over the furniture and along the walls and everything.  It was really weird.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #303 on: 19 June, 2013, 12:36:56 am »

[...]

That needs to be on YouTube.

Absolutely!  I think we've got a book of medical signs somewhere to get started with...

Last week I in my holiday cottage I dreamed Deano had fallen asleep on the sofa.  He had improbably skinny long legs, which were draped all over the place and I kept falling over them.  Seriously, they were so long they were in all three rooms downstairs, wibbly wobblied all over the furniture and along the walls and everything.  It was really weird.

A friend of mine from school had legs like that.  He was about 95% shin.  We used to have to fold him up like a Brompton to make him fit in the back of cars and things.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #304 on: 19 June, 2013, 12:35:14 pm »

Oddly enough, I was in the hospital yesterday morning being looked at for a minor ailment of the sort that shouldn't be described on a public forum.  :o

(Glad to hear it ends well :))

« Reply #305 on: 19 June, 2013, 01:47:47 pm »
 :o

I am now very slightly freaked out. I hope real life has the same positive outcome as the dream!  :-*

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #306 on: 20 June, 2013, 06:57:51 am »
This was an odd one; I was Craig Charles and I was having an argument about honesty with John Simm, who had accused me of nicking £10 off him.

I think this dream means that I owe John Simm money.  If ever I meet him I shall tell him I owe him £10 and that I am sorry for stealing it.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #307 on: 20 June, 2013, 12:05:44 pm »
The cats (which we don't have) were complaining to me about the disruption to their routine when we went to our second house (which we don't have - we don't even own one) to clear the furniture out.  We weren't selling it, but just decided it would be better with empty rooms, and bare floors.  For what, I am not sure.  I woke up stiff and achey, after all that furniture removal. :-\
Getting there...

« Reply #308 on: 20 June, 2013, 07:56:42 pm »
was your bed outside in the garden when you woke up  :D
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #309 on: 21 June, 2013, 07:21:58 am »
For some reason, I was doing a 200k and a 300k audax, which were back-to-back with no break in between at all (:o  ???), and started from the same place (Northallerton, which had inexplicably moved and was nearer where Malton is in reality). I finished the 200, but lost my routesheet and GPS at the end. Then I set out on the 300, and got 50k in before realising I didn't have a clue where I was actually going. So I packed and was riding home when I woke up.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #310 on: 23 June, 2013, 11:23:01 pm »
Don't know what the pretty girl was dreaming last night.

Laying curled up next to me while I was reading the news. She then started to move about, legs and arms moving about gently, for a good couple of minutes. Then she said "I can't do it" very clearly and rolled onto her back, with open eyes. I asked her, "What can't you do?" and the answer was a very sleepy, "I don't know". Then she spent a good 45-60 seconds looking around and at me somewhat confused, but clearly still fast asleep even with her eyes open. With me trying my best not to crack up laughing out loud. Then suddenly she smiled her beautiful smile and rolled back and curled up next to me, gone to the world.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #311 on: 23 June, 2013, 11:27:10 pm »
Perhaps it was wind. 

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #312 on: 03 July, 2013, 01:48:44 pm »
I was about to watch The Phantom Menace.  Fortunately the dream was interrupted by the postman.

« Reply #313 on: 03 July, 2013, 01:56:36 pm »
Apparently, my boss has twice dreamt over the last week or so that I handed my notice in, because I got a job closer to home.

<please let it come true, please let it come true, please let it come true, please let it come true. please let it come true>

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #314 on: 03 July, 2013, 07:48:03 pm »
The 0500 shift, which necessitates an 0330 start, occasionally triggers incompetence in my brain chemistry.  This can result in astonishing dreams - most recently: Sex, death, blood in quantity.  Further details will not be forthcoming.  Roll on Saturday's 0800 shift.
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #315 on: 07 July, 2013, 10:47:01 pm »
West Bromwich The Musical.

(Opens July 11th)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #316 on: 08 July, 2013, 07:49:50 am »
Something about zombies.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #317 on: 28 July, 2013, 04:14:22 pm »
Auntie Helen beat me at Scrabble last night! Mainly because I was playing English words and AH was using uberlongGermanwordswithlotsoflettersinthem and extending the board when the word ran over the side!  ::-)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #318 on: 03 August, 2013, 02:03:59 pm »
Last night (or actually, quite early this morning) I had a very vivid dream involving bears. Lots of bears.

I was in a car with someone, probably Mrs. Wow, and we were driving along a country lane heading for some sort of pub/large house/conference centre type of place. There was a field of sweetcorn on our right and as we looked between the rows there were many bears all swimming away from us - yes, that's right, swimming! I could only see their heads above would would have been soil in a normal field of sweetcorn but they were definitely swimming.

When we arrived at the pub/large house/conference centre there were no bears to be seen. However, it wasn't long before they started turning up and they were clearly of Hostile Intent. They surrounded the pub/large house/conference centre and the longer we were there the more bears turned up.

At some indeterminate point in the dream I discovered that many of the bears were actually folding camping tables who only turned into bears at the moment they were unfolded. This was a very important discovery because there were lots of camping table around the place just waiting to unfold so I immobilised them by the simple expedient of getting a luggage strap and wrapping it tightly around each camping table so that it could not unfold and turn into a bear.

As you might expect, the bears that were no longer camping tables became quite demoralised that their secret was out, and they began to move away, realising that reinforcements were not forthcoming. Eventually there were no more bears and the dream reached a satisfactorily conclusion when I was awoken by Mrs. Wow who sat up abruptly with her usual morning greeting of "I need a wee!" whereupon she made her exit, pursued by as many bears as my imagination could conjure up.

Mr. Larrington is 59.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #319 on: 13 August, 2013, 10:17:59 am »
Mrs Cudzo and I were browsing in a camping/outdoor shop in a large, old warehouse. It had a kind of balcony, very steep, which was being covered with a matting made of woven palm leaves. Men were standing on this matting and pouring water from watering cans over it to make it slippery - this was to be part of some event later. Then after a bit more browsing an announcer appeared and stood on the balcony, which was now flat, had no matting and was larger, and started calling out names. These people went up to the balcony and were given prizes or awards for something. I realised that in one corner of the balcony, behind the announcer, were stairs leading up to one more floor of the shop, so I started climbing them. They were narrow and metal, with a hand rail on one side and rough stone wall on the other, but they took me to a landing without a railing. I found this scary so went down the stairs again, intending to go up the other side, but as I reached the bottom the announcer called out "Mrs Hilary Clinton" and she appeared from the room I'd been intending to look in. She walked right past me, cameras were flashing but somehow I knew they (the photographers) couldn't see me.

At this point I decided it was time to leave, but I had no idea where my wife was (our son was curiously absent from the whole dream). So I went down to the entrance, which now looked like a theatre foyer, and sent her a text, "This is terribly boring, let's go" (but I texted in Polish). At that point I woke up and realised she had gone in real life - to work, leaving me a cup of tea by the side of the bed, which had gone cold.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #320 on: 16 August, 2013, 07:55:45 am »
Had a weird dream that I was on an epic college field trip - rather than a transit minibus we were on a coach.
The most weird part of the dream that  I was playing a game of catch with my classmates, and for some reason the Queen was also playing - and her dogs were trying to catch the ball too.....   ???

« Reply #321 on: 16 August, 2013, 11:36:05 am »
I'm beginning to worry.  I've had a second dream in which I am participating in an audax...

« Reply #322 on: 16 August, 2013, 11:45:59 am »
I had a dream in which I woke up and discovered that every cupboard in our house was filled with cats and kittens. Extremely cute, fluffy cats. They had not eaten for a while so I found an old salmon steak in a bin and fed it to them in tiny bits. Then my sister arrived and insisted that her fiance should eat the salmon instead, so proceeded to steal it from the cats!

???

And I thought we were getting a dog.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #323 on: 21 August, 2013, 12:25:33 pm »
That one is obvious. You have to get a kitter!
It is simpler than it looks.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #324 on: 21 August, 2013, 01:34:17 pm »
I don't remember dreaming last night, but I woke up at ten to three with the strong conviction that Sandor Clegane had broken into my flat. There's no sign of him though.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.