Author Topic: Weird/funny dreams you've had  (Read 146346 times)

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
Re: Weird/funny dreams you've had
« Reply #500 on: 06 October, 2015, 07:45:06 am »
I noticed propped up outside a cafe Butterfly's Galaxy and Clarion's Dursley Pederson.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #501 on: 06 October, 2015, 07:54:46 am »
Last night I discovered my dog Bosun can fly. And instead of going on a walk can be flown like a kite. On a wood and brass large reel, fitted with a seat, that they sell in the old hardware shop. Once Bosun is up at height one can winch the seat up and fly with him. By this means we flew to an island where we had lunch on the terrace of a convent surrounded by nuns with huge headdresses.
Imagine my disappointment this morning when he shows no sign at all of his talent.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #502 on: 27 October, 2015, 10:30:29 am »
Last night I dreamt that I was talking to someone, sadly forgot whom, about the very good, detailed and comprehensive blog written by Blodwyn Pig and how much we enjoyed it and how hard it was to "put it down", just got sucked into it. The other person said that they were stuck between rust and breakfast, which made so much sense in my dream.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #503 on: 27 October, 2015, 11:08:20 am »
I noticed propped up outside a cafe Butterfly's Galaxy and Clarion's Dursley Pederson.
This is the kind of thing it would be most fitting to see in reality if you were in Wotton.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #504 on: 09 November, 2015, 10:43:48 am »
I was walking up the hill where I live. On the other side of the road, a cyclist whose bike looked like a stick drawing was going downhill with a car right up against his back wheel, pushing his bike sideways. Then the car swerved to its left, through an impressive gate that isn't there in real life, crashed into a garden wall and burst into flames. Suddenly I was going through the front door of a house that looked like the place my aunt used to live in. Inside it was decorated in a similar style and there was a huge mess in the kitchen – so it must have been hers! I put the kettle on (of course!) and it caught fire. I unplugged it at the kettle end, leaving it plugged into the wall (I never do this!) and made the tea. This caused the huge pile of washing up in the sink to catch fire. Then I noticed that the bottom of the kettle, which looked like a mixer, had an adjuster like you see to set the time on an alarm clock. I never go to drink the tea, because I woke up.

Then I went back to sleep again, and I could have done with that alarm clock, because when I woke up properly, it was too late to join the ride I'd intended to go on.

fuzzy

« Reply #505 on: 09 November, 2015, 02:16:41 pm »
Last night I was at a training camp of some sort and got very sweaty and dirty. The dormitory, which was much like the Gryfindor common room had large sinks along one wall. I jumped into one of the sinks for a bath. Whilst relaxing in the sink, Victoria Pendleton and her family came in and sat down for a chat. My only concern was that I didn't have my copy of Victoria's autobiography for her to sign.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #506 on: 09 November, 2015, 08:49:54 pm »
My dream last night was about buying cats to come and work at the university. I wanted two black cats, two black and white cats and a white fluffy cat.  One of these cats had to be a cat that was happy to sit on people's laps.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #507 on: 09 November, 2015, 10:37:15 pm »
If the white fluffy cat ends up sitting on the lap of the Chancellor of Vice (optionally in his hollowed-out volcano) it's time to start looking for another job.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

lou boutin

« Reply #508 on: 10 November, 2015, 01:45:47 pm »
If the white fluffy cat ends up sitting on the lap of the Chancellor of Vice (optionally in his hollowed-out volcano) it's time to start looking for another job.

He he  ;D
Dr No wouldn't get a job here as he has a doctorate!!!

« Reply #509 on: 17 November, 2015, 12:38:58 am »
I almost always forget my dreams, even having had them, within minutes of waking up. But I wrote this one down it was so weird (and short).

Scene: ~4 ~8-10-year old boys, one driving and the others riding in a late 1970s American Big Car (BAC).

One of them, perhaps attempting to sound like the ring leader, says "Ah, yes, ____ [name forgotten], you do make excellent "Kyoosh".
[I instantaneously knew as this word, pronounced like cute but with sh, was introduced that it was slang (only in this dream) for 'petrol'.]
[The other odd thing is that apparently it is only the availability of Kyoosh/petrol that keeps the kids from driving, and apparently making their own is the way to go]

The driver, apparently ___ himself, replied innocently "I didn't make any Kyoosh".

The others, simultaneously exclaim/scream "No Kyoosh!, AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!"
[apparently the BAC will spin out of control without Kyoosh, or something]

/robert

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #510 on: 17 November, 2015, 12:42:38 pm »
I saw an advert recently for a workshop in "lucid dreams". Someone claims to be able to teach you to have dreams in which you are conscious you are dreaming and so are able, to an extent, to control the course of the dream. Hmmm. Certainly such things exist, because I remember them as a child, but whether it's something that can be taught, I'm not at all sure. And if it can, I'm not sure I'd want to learn it.
The practice of dream yoga allows access to 'lucid dreams' in which we are aware we are dreaming – and are thus able to perform 'miracles'. The practice of clear light allows us to retain awareness through the process of falling asleep without dreams. This liberates us from addiction to familiar form and allows us to experience pure awareness without sensory or conceptual content. The practice of illusory wakefulness connects powerfully with dream yoga through sitting meditation in waking consciousness, thus revealing the 'one taste' or essential sameness of experience in both waking and sleeping. Together, these practices free us from conceptual limitations of time and space, and allow us to experience the simultaneous continuity and discontinuity of experience.
http://issuu.com/coexistcic/docs/hh_nov_programme_2015-online
p9

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #511 on: 17 November, 2015, 12:45:16 pm »
I dreamed Royal Mint was issuing heart-shaped pound coins to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Valentine's Day. They were fine to spend in shops, but no good for vending machines.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #512 on: 17 November, 2015, 01:17:14 pm »
I was giving a presentation (I'm not entirely sure about what) to a room full of UKIP supporters.  It was going quite badly because I couldn't hear the questions properly and kept answering the wrong things.  I was terrified that someone would notice I had long hair and decide I must be Indian.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #513 on: 20 November, 2015, 02:43:14 pm »
French former rugby international and professional scarf-wearer Thomas Castaignède was on "Eastenders" last night.  There was a lot of SHOUTING.  Then, as is apparently common in Walford, he shot some shrieking blonde harridan utterly to DETH.  With a gun.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not watch "Eastenders".

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #514 on: 20 November, 2015, 04:24:05 pm »

Perhaps a more pertinent question is do you write it?

fuzzy

« Reply #515 on: 20 November, 2015, 04:37:47 pm »

Perhaps a more pertinent question is do you write it?

If he wrote it, I'd watch it!

« Reply #516 on: 28 November, 2015, 10:04:37 am »
I was working at a desk in the garden, and somehow my mobile phone slipped out of my hand and into a puddle. I caught the phone after it hit the water but before it hit the bottom (it had become quite a deep puddle). The screen was cracked (just from hitting the water!). Then, having got wet, the screen behind the glass started to expand in an alarming way.

« Reply #517 on: 28 November, 2015, 10:23:28 am »
I was at work. Sitting at a low desk with a keyboard and large screen on it. Next to me, a couple of metres away, was a similarly equipped colleague. It was more like a waiting room with coffee tables in use as desks.

The scene changed to the same setting - but in disarray. Some children (who were not in the first scene), from primary school age up to young adults, were fooling around. Broken parts of a table which I had made were lying in the room. After a few moments I noticed that my colleague was having what appeared to be an epileptic fit.

My attention turned back to my computer. I noticed that the time was 9:03pm. I knew that I couldn't account for the several hours. I went into the next room where my manager was sitting at a desk, higher than mine, with a similar computer on it. I tried to tell her about the time but didn't seem able to. Although I never got the words out I sensed her responding that it was 'all quite normal'.
We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. We should do twice as much listening as talking.

« Reply #518 on: 05 December, 2015, 10:15:48 am »
I was an alien and I'd gone to my relatively mundane job with a human colleague. He was a quantity surveyor or something like that. I'm not quite sure what my task was, but I seemed to be doing something with numbers. Choosing the right numbers, to me, was a design process - the end result was a layout, for a building, that was immediately obvious to me. A few short numbers told me everything I needed to know all the way down to positions of furniture and communication links. The humans around us (hard-hat Doozer types) were dismissive. They couldn't understand the numbers. They needed drawings. They didn't like me and just wanted me, and everyone like me, to leave. I was the only alien on the site. I had the feeling I wasn't the only alien on the planet.

I went out from the room I was in to look further around the site. It was massive. I couldn't find my way back to the room I started in. Corridors kept getting closed off. After a while I came across a group of Doozers who were almost panicking while they carried an obviously overcharging battery of some sort to safety - out of the nearly finished room they'd been working in into one where a small fire or explosion wouldn't matter.

I knew that they could be easily hurt or killed as they were too close. I fought my way through the crowd to get to the battery pack. It was smoking and the casing was bulging. I stroked it gently, with my left hand, to take energy away. I then stroked a stainless steel sink to transfer the energy into that where it would dissipate safely. Even so, the metal began to glow. The smoking eased off and the casing began to return to its normal shape. The Doozers couldn't see how it had been possible for me to control the reaction. They were incredibly grateful. They were no longer suspicious of me.

Thoughts turned to another overheating battery that had been too dangerous to move. We started moving towards the room it was in. I had the feeling I was going willingly into extreme danger.
We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. We should do twice as much listening as talking.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #519 on: 12 December, 2015, 12:41:40 pm »
In a weird British version of Speed, someone - presumably the hacker group Anonymous - had put a bomb in one of those shonky search computers you get in Jobcunters.  It would ask pub quiz questions at random intervals and explode if not answered correctly.  A crack team of YACFers was dispatched to the scene (by bike, natch) to save the day with their knowledge of sport, ex-prime-ministers and popular beat combos.

« Reply #520 on: 12 December, 2015, 02:21:01 pm »
Last night I dreamt I bought a second hand BMW …...... now that is scary :o

lou boutin

« Reply #521 on: 13 December, 2015, 01:00:06 pm »
Last night I had a dream that I was a bridesmaid at a wedding and Mrs Pingu, who I've never met in real life, was at the wedding so I was looking for her to say hello and talk about Salam, Pipkin and Mojo. I really shouldn't read the forum before bed.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #522 on: 13 December, 2015, 03:35:41 pm »
I was going to go to Denmark for an HPV race weekend but it was all very complicated because I hadn't asked $MATE if he was coming, or booked the ferry tickets, or asked for any holibobs, and it was the Tuesday evening and things started in Århus on the Friday morning, and I didn't have any money, and my mum told me not to be silly (which is a bit odd coz she died in 2002).

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #523 on: 27 December, 2015, 11:00:12 am »
I dreamt about Hellymedic!  :o Or rather, I had a dream featuring Helly. She was doing an online quiz in which you had to recognise silhouettes of famous buildings, some of which were real, some were film or stage sets. I think I was supposed to be helping her. Odd.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #524 on: 27 December, 2015, 11:36:23 am »
At bladder o'Clock as I crawled out of bed, Peli went chzzzzzzzzz hahahaha.

When I crawled back into the bed I was told to be aware of the box of oranges. When I asked which oranges, she didn't know. But still I should be aware that the oranges would be important. She then wanted to know what we could use instead of oranges, when I said what about bananas? She went no no no no no, while shaking her head, turned over and went back to sleep.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit