Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750436 times)

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #5475 on: 08 October, 2014, 10:06:42 am »
Ok OD, am I right in thinking it is just me, Huggy and Mr Skeet meeting at Spa Road roundabout tonight?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5476 on: 08 October, 2014, 11:04:20 am »
Tippers may be there too trying out his shiny new mudguard efficacy  :D
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #5477 on: 08 October, 2014, 12:46:44 pm »
The research has started just downloaded a list of 159 pubs from the camra web site

« Reply #5478 on: 08 October, 2014, 01:06:02 pm »
I'm not going to make it....as weak as it makes me sound I was so shattered last week that I was nearly falling asleep my desk the next morning. I need to get used to the dark depressing weather again before I am ready to roll!

I managed to find some puddles in the weekend and confirm that not only do they look good but the also work.

« Reply #5479 on: 08 October, 2014, 01:10:22 pm »
Although after saying that if we were to meet somewhere closer to Tiptree I would likely be more inclined...without meaning to plan too far ahead and/or take the job of Oros would anyone be interested in The Sun Inn in Feering for next week?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5480 on: 08 October, 2014, 01:12:31 pm »
I'm not going to make it....as weak as it makes me sound I was so shattered last week that I was nearly falling asleep my desk the next morning. I need to get used to the dark depressing weather again before I am ready to roll!
May I refer you to The Rules and especially #5  :demon:

The Retiree

« Reply #5481 on: 08 October, 2014, 02:02:47 pm »
As Huggy said Tippers closely followed by Rule #1.... ;) Oros looks like you have a lot of shifting to do to pick out a cracker!

« Reply #5482 on: 08 October, 2014, 02:09:55 pm »
Meoooowwwww  ;D

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5483 on: 08 October, 2014, 02:42:12 pm »

« Reply #5484 on: 08 October, 2014, 03:45:48 pm »
I have found my pub for next week i will not tell you where it is till Monday but i think it will meet all the rules and it is closer to home for tippers. JUST GOT TO PLAN A GOOD ROUTE.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #5485 on: 08 October, 2014, 05:40:01 pm »
It's proposed that the Xmas Do this year will be the 10th and 11th January. Yes, I know it's next year but you know what I mean.

Thoughts?

A separate thread will be started shortly.

« Reply #5486 on: 08 October, 2014, 07:12:32 pm »
Sorry chaps early starts and all that,I am wimping out. :'(

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5487 on: 10 October, 2014, 09:16:33 am »
It was a excellent evening on Wednesday.  The Witham peloton saw a freshly dead badger at the top of The Mighty North Hill and another live example scuttle across the road some way ahead of us.

Tomsk's war wounds were very impressive (ouch  :'( ), I should of taken a photo for the sake of posterity. 

The number of riders leaving from Witham is increasing nicely as we were joined by Andy, not yet formally of this parish, although both he and Dogger's had a pickled egg so that's their initiation over and done with.

We had bar snacks  :thumbsup:  What you see below is an egg pickled on the premises, a Haggis Scotch egg, regular Scotch egg and pork scratchings, all made by the fair hand of the landlord.  They were running a special offer whereby you got a free chocolate Easter chick if you bought more than 3 bar snacks ...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5488 on: 10 October, 2014, 09:17:11 am »
I take it this plan is OK then ...?

It's proposed that the Xmas Do this year will be the 10th and 11th January. Yes, I know it's next year but you know what I mean.

Thoughts?

A separate thread will be started shortly.

« Reply #5489 on: 10 October, 2014, 09:35:22 am »
It'll make for a nice, quiet, evening. Go for it!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5490 on: 10 October, 2014, 09:41:13 am »
No reply to the contrary can be taken as acceptance  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5491 on: 10 October, 2014, 09:45:27 am »

Evening?  Weekend more likely!

« Reply #5492 on: 10 October, 2014, 10:33:21 am »
Would like to say yes to the xmas do but it all depends on work.also i dont have a tent or racks on my bike to carry all the gear. I have selected my pub for next week and done the route in to formats so hopefully this will be ok for the oldies of the group.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5493 on: 10 October, 2014, 10:43:23 am »
Re the Xmas Do (there will be a separate thread when I get round to it), camping isn't obligatory.  We have got the format down to a fine art and it allows folk to dip in and out of the programme to suit their own tastes and availability.  Watch this space ...

[Good news on next week, I should be able to make it  :thumbsup: ]

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5494 on: 10 October, 2014, 10:48:33 am »
I have selected my pub for next week and done the route in to formats so hopefully this will be ok for the oldies of the group.
Just so long as it's not The Swan @ Little Totham to pander to Tippers   :hand: ::-)  ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5495 on: 10 October, 2014, 11:10:08 am »
Back in May 2009, a few of us with WAGs in tow if I recall, were coming back from The Chequers at Goldhanger.  We decided to stop off at the White Swan, Little Totham for a swift one before closing time.  As we arrived, in the pitch dark, the air was filled with ferocious barking, it was Shadow the Rottweiler ...

... who belonged to the landlord (now sadly dead) and Shadow didn't like bright flashing lights of which we had a few.

Once we had hastily switched off the LEDs and Shadow had calmed down he proved to be a lovely dog.  He spent his evenings wandering around the pub carrying a cannon ball in his mouth - shame he isn't there anymore.

The Retiree

« Reply #5496 on: 10 October, 2014, 01:16:46 pm »
Wednesday's ride was most enjoyable topped off with a pint of Red Diesel, Return of the Triffids (Colchester Brewery) and then a lovely Mighty Oak.
The home made snacks were also very delicious and most welcome  ;D

Oros looking forward to seeing your pub of choice and your route, hoping I can make Wednesday but it's parents evening this coming week and i'm not sure which nights Mrs DL will be at school.....!

OD looking forward to the Christmas Party similar to Oros I may only be able to make part of it, as I sadly also don't have the capabilities of carrying camping gear with me, however that's not to say Mrs DL won't take a little trip across to The Square & Compasses to drop soemthing off for me  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5497 on: 10 October, 2014, 01:21:55 pm »
...don't have the capabilities of carrying camping gear with me, however that's not to say Mrs DL won't take a little trip across to The Square & Compasses to drop soemthing off for me  :thumbsup:
I hope Mrs DL (bet she doesn't know her new name yet!) does not drop off your camping equipment at The Square and Compasses because you'll be cold and quite possibly a bit wet in The Compasses beer garden  ;D
Besides, I think it's maybe a little unfair of you to expect Mrs DL to cycle over to The Compasses (at Littley Green!) with your camping gear, don't you?!  You could at least invite her along if that is what she's going to do.

The Retiree

« Reply #5498 on: 10 October, 2014, 01:47:27 pm »
[I hope Mrs DL (bet she doesn't know her new name yet!) does not drop off your camping equipment at The Square and Compasses because you'll be cold and quite possibly a bit wet in The Compasses beer garden 
Besides, I think it's maybe a little unfair of you to expect Mrs DL to cycle over to The Compasses (at Littley Green!) with your camping gear, don't you?!  You could at least invite her along if that is what she's going to do.]

Whoops I meant to say The Compasses  :-[ in terms of Mrs DL knowing her name, she has no idea as yet (need to find the right time to let her know  :o) and sadly I think she would probably have to drive as my bike is the only one with the capability of carrying the little one and she won't ride my bike....

Oscar's dad

« Reply #5499 on: 10 October, 2014, 02:01:30 pm »
You are so dead when she finds out. Which is a shame coz you do good routes!