Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750473 times)

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #9825 on: 13 September, 2016, 05:41:12 pm »
The Witham peloton normally leaves at 7:30pm. If you get a train to Witham we'll meet you at the station.
That might work rather well - first allowed train arrives 19.17 if it's on time....(and if I can jam me and bike on it)
I am not 100% sure I will make it as I could have an over-running work meeting.... so if someone can PM me a contact number I can let you know if I've caught the train. I don't want to think of you all hanging around the station and scaring the locals unnecessarily :)

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9826 on: 13 September, 2016, 05:56:49 pm »
I don't want to think of you all hanging around the station and scaring the locals unnecessarily :)

That's precisely what happened the first time I met Oscar's Dad.  The "hanging around the station" bit anyway.  I can't remember if he was scaring the locals at the time.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #9827 on: 13 September, 2016, 06:12:14 pm »
I don't want to think of you all hanging around the station and scaring the locals unnecessarily :)

That's precisely what happened the first time I met Oscar's Dad.  The "hanging around the station" bit anyway.  I can't remember if he was scaring the locals at the time.

I think what fun you've had since!

bhoot - you have a PM

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9828 on: 13 September, 2016, 06:45:20 pm »
Is someone doing a route for the Witham peloton tomorrow evening or are we just following our noses?  I'm afraid I can't as I've been in London this week. I guess it will depend on the how the Flatlanders feel. I can see them all clubbing together and getting a taxi there and back  ;D

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #9829 on: 14 September, 2016, 10:40:10 am »
Still hoping to make it this evening but due to a complete failure to wake up early enough this morning, now have to go direct from work which means lugging all my work stuff around all day.... so no steep hills for me please (or enough time allowance to proceed at snail pace in a very low gear)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9830 on: 14 September, 2016, 11:04:51 am »
Still hoping to make it this evening but due to a complete failure to wake up early enough this morning, now have to go direct from work which means lugging all my work stuff around all day.... so no steep hills for me please (or enough time allowance to proceed at snail pace in a very low gear)

Don't worry, we've coped with stiffer challenges.  I'm still not sure what the Witham peloton is doing route wise as there's been no response to this ...

Is someone doing a route for the Witham peloton tomorrow evening or are we just following our noses?  I'm afraid I can't as I've been in London this week. I guess it will depend on the how the Flatlanders feel. I can see them all clubbing together and getting a taxi there and back  ;D

Making it up as we go is a perfectly acceptable option.

« Reply #9831 on: 14 September, 2016, 11:08:20 am »
Go easy on them.

The Flatlanders sound as if they have had a bit of an adventure.

I will make my own way there having ridden the missing bit of my Kelvedon Oyster route.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9832 on: 14 September, 2016, 11:13:10 am »
Remember, there'll be free gifts for all attendees this evening  ;D

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #9833 on: 14 September, 2016, 11:15:33 am »
How about this, a shorter than usual and not too much climbing (before the pub anyway)
It could be extended to Tollshunt Knights and Little Totham if desired but the short form should see us at the Compasses for about 8:45, the longer version adds about another half hour.

Also, note the start of route from the station to meet our special guest for the evening!
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9834 on: 14 September, 2016, 11:20:44 am »
We'll follow you!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #9835 on: 14 September, 2016, 11:26:54 am »
Is there a particular train you would like to catch back to the smoke?  There's less than half an hour of riding from the pub to the station but with faffing time an allowance of about 45 minutes is probably wise.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9836 on: 14 September, 2016, 01:10:13 pm »
How about this, a shorter than usual and not too much climbing

Looks good to me.  In response to the Flatlands, I will be getting a taxi riding a bike with gears.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #9837 on: 14 September, 2016, 01:58:43 pm »
Is there a particular train you would like to catch back to the smoke?  There's less than half an hour of riding from the pub to the station but with faffing time an allowance of about 45 minutes is probably wise.
[/quo
Not particularly, but I am happy to make my own way back as the overall journey time home for me is between 90 mins and 2 hours and I have a reasonably early start in the morning.  I don't want to curtail your drinking time cramp your style!

« Reply #9838 on: 14 September, 2016, 02:59:03 pm »
Also, note the start of route from the station to meet our special guest for the evening!

So are we meeting at the roundabout first, or just going straight to the station?
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9839 on: 14 September, 2016, 03:02:21 pm »
I'll go straight to the station.  Or the pub, depending on when I get home from That London.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9840 on: 14 September, 2016, 03:06:29 pm »
So, for the avoidance of doubt, this evening the Witham peloton will leave at 7:30 from Witham station.

bhoot, when you exit the lift at the station turn left.

« Reply #9841 on: 14 September, 2016, 05:08:49 pm »
I think I'm still a bit to 'rubbed' up to get on a bike saddle.....will have to see how we go. I'll meet you all at the pub around 9:15. I will likely not stay to long as Mrs Tippers is not feeling too flash!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #9842 on: 14 September, 2016, 05:23:57 pm »
I think I'm still a bit to 'rubbed' up to get on a bike saddle.....will have to see how we go. I'll meet you all at the pub around 9:15. I will likely not stay to long as Mrs Tippers is not feeling too flash!
Rule #5 tippers, Rule #5
 ;D  :P  :facepalm:

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #9843 on: 14 September, 2016, 05:32:31 pm »
Rule #5 tippers, Rule #5

Pass the Sudocrem!  :facepalm:

« Reply #9844 on: 14 September, 2016, 05:39:36 pm »
Rule #5 tippers, Rule #5

Yes quite. Although the rate I am going there may soon be a national shortage!

I was glad to find words to the effect of 'No known case of overdose' on the tub yesterday  ;D

I guess I should attempt to run my 30c tubeless at about 50 psi to smooth out and bumps.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9845 on: 14 September, 2016, 06:08:09 pm »
I'm going direct to Totham or attempting an intercept - only just left the office.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9846 on: 14 September, 2016, 06:11:14 pm »
Rule #5 tippers, Rule #5

Yes quite. Although the rate I am going there may soon be a national shortage!

I was glad to find words to the effect of 'No known case of overdose' on the tub yesterday  ;D

I guess I should attempt to run my 30c tubeless at about 50 psi to smooth out and bumps.

tippers, naturally I'll have my healing hands with me ... and a pair of rubber gloves!

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #9847 on: 14 September, 2016, 06:25:54 pm »
Looks like I get into Witham at 1911, so I'll bomb home change,  eat and try to intercept somewhere en route.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9848 on: 19 September, 2016, 10:45:56 am »
Since Forward Planning TM doesn't kick in until next week where shall we go this Wednesday?

« Reply #9849 on: 19 September, 2016, 01:44:07 pm »
Since Forward Planning TM doesn't kick in until next week where shall we go this Wednesday?

Go west.

As it is Mrs Shred's birthday I will not be out so go as far west as you dare  :thumbsup:
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways