Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750761 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #18325 on: 18 September, 2022, 07:11:41 pm »
I may, just may, have a pass for this Wednesday so where’s  the venue for this week’s shenanigans?

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #18326 on: 19 September, 2022, 02:41:18 pm »
I may, just may, have a pass for this Wednesday so where’s  the venue for this week’s shenanigans?

It'd be good to have a Nick-friendly venue, as I still have his left-luggage from The Grand. He'll be needing that long-sleeve jersey now the nights are drawing in!

I also have various brevets from the Hereward 300 and Hopstock 200 to return.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #18327 on: 19 September, 2022, 02:58:23 pm »
I'm not about this week I'm afraid.  Have fun  :thumbsup:

« Reply #18328 on: 19 September, 2022, 07:23:31 pm »

It'd be good to have a Nick-friendly venue, as I still have his left-luggage from The Grand. He'll be needing that long-sleeve jersey now the nights are drawing in!

I also have various brevets from the Hereward 300 and Hopstock 200 to return.

Thank you, Tom - that's very kind.

I'm still waiting for bits of me to come back to life after The Grand, so I'll only be doing teeny rides - The Leather Bottle in Blackmore is about as far as I fancy, or maybe a little further. That said, its a bit of a trot for others so I'm happy to hang on and collect the jersey another time (hopefully I'll be back to full health soon!) I do have a spare long sleeved jersey ;)

Sorry you've had to hold onto it all this time!

Thank you :)

Nick.

« Reply #18329 on: 19 September, 2022, 08:59:59 pm »
The Leather Bottle would be a good outing for me but can't make that for this week - how about we pencil that in for the 28th?

« Reply #18330 on: 19 September, 2022, 09:04:21 pm »

Pass rescinded.  I have just been “reminded” that it is my father in law’s 88th birthday on Wednesday.  My presence is required at a posh restaurant that will no doubt only serve cold, fizzy beer, probably in small bottles, and charge the earth for them.  I may manage the 28th though - no known birthdays, anniversaries or christenings to get in the way on that date!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #18331 on: 19 September, 2022, 10:00:47 pm »
Does anyone know if the Viper is up and running these days (if a viper can ever be said to run)?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #18332 on: 19 September, 2022, 10:06:15 pm »
Does anyone know if the Viper is up and running these days (if a viper can ever be said to run)?
No update on when, their last update was 15wks ago showing more work ongoing... (Facebook pages)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #18333 on: 20 September, 2022, 08:37:09 am »
In trying to plan Wednesday's outing, who is going awheel this week.
Looks like a dry and not cold evening is forecast.
I'm slightly limited in distance (and definitely speed) by my broken ribs...
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #18334 on: 20 September, 2022, 08:58:53 am »
Broken ribs? I must have missed something - hope you’re OK.

Jem

• ACME HR and Diversity officer
« Reply #18335 on: 20 September, 2022, 10:36:41 am »
In trying to plan Wednesday's outing, who is going awheel this week.
Looks like a dry and not cold evening is forecast.
I'm slightly limited in distance (and definitely speed) by my broken ribs...

And I'm out for at least 6 more weeks due to doubly fractured  right wrist so anywhere close or with train assist would be great.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #18336 on: 20 September, 2022, 11:50:13 am »
Oh shit, ACME goes Dutch 2022 resulted in two participants with broken bones  :o  We're going to have to be more more careful next time!  Here's hoping GS and Jem heal quickly  :-*

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #18337 on: 20 September, 2022, 12:01:55 pm »
Oh shit, ACME goes Dutch 2022 resulted in two participants with broken bones  :o  We're going to have to be more more careful next time!  Here's hoping GS and Jem heal quickly  :-*
To be fair, Jem didn’t actually go Dutch  :demon:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #18338 on: 20 September, 2022, 12:16:51 pm »
Just to update, I seem to be coming down with a bit of a cold so do feel free to go elsewhere. I wouldn't want to drag you all over my way only to be absent!

We could always wait until next week when Toby's Dad can make it? That's so long as you don't mind holding on to my jersey a while longer, Tomsk!

Sorry and thank you.

« Reply #18339 on: 20 September, 2022, 04:44:03 pm »
Hello lovely people!

It's been a while since the last event so I was wondering if folks fancied camping at mine on the evening of Friday the 7th of October?

I've a new games room/pub that needs commissioning and it is my birthday a week later so seems fitting.  Owing to the weather since the start of the year when the build started, the games room is called the Four Seasons.  It is complete with a snooker table and pub area so perhaps we have a Black Tie with Pie event - bonus points for having black tie attire. 

Pie will be sourced and if I can work out the technology, perhaps some mash as well.  I'll pop to the Maldon Brewing Company and pick up a couple of pins of beer (likely Oscar Wild and Maldon Gold).  If you prefer a particular tipple then also feel free to bring it with you. 

Suggest this time you all head straight to mine anytime from 18:00 onwards and the beers start flowing from there.  If you'd like to drop camping stuff in the run-up to the event then that's fine.

A tenner a head would be appreciated towards costs.

If we can get quorum I will get things organised.

chief

Afternoon Chief. Count me in please! Looking forward to it already!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #18340 on: 20 September, 2022, 08:15:16 pm »
Ok, Leather Bottle maybe next week (28th), this week somewhere Grey Sheep friendly - how limited is your current range GS? Your choice tomorrow I should think ...

Some suggestions though:
Queen's Head Boreham 3.5 miles
Cross Keys, Hatfield Peverel 5.1
Cricketers, Hurdlemakers

« Reply #18341 on: 20 September, 2022, 09:15:32 pm »
The gear hanger has finally arrived and has been fitted, so range isn't a problem now and I'm easy on the location.

Do we have an Easterly Contingent this week?

quote author=Tomsk link=topic=22529.msg2753031#msg2753031 date=1663701316]
Ok, Leather Bottle maybe next week (28th), this week somewhere Grey Sheep friendly - how limited is your current range GS? Your choice tomorrow I should think ...

Some suggestions though:
Queen's Head Boreham 3.5 miles
Cross Keys, Hatfield Peverel 5.1
Cricketers, Hurdlemakers
[/quote]

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #18342 on: 21 September, 2022, 07:58:57 am »
... Do we have an Easterly Contingent this week? ...

If we go east, how about the Railway Tavern at Kelvedon - every time we go to the Sun, Feering, we say why haven't we gone there?

« Reply #18343 on: 21 September, 2022, 09:05:15 am »
Not from this far East.  I shall, instead, be taking some time to reflect on the fact that Jiberjaber must finally be 50, or at least very close to it, today. I hope to find time in amongst that reflection to celebrate Mrs Shred's birthday as well.

Hold that thought about the RT though.  It doesn't have the greatest selection in the world but we would be made most welcome.  The Angel (other end of Kelvedon) has just re-opened as well so we could do an autumn crawl.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

felstedrider

« Reply #18344 on: 21 September, 2022, 09:30:32 am »
Not from this far East.  I shall, instead, be taking some time to reflect on the fact that Jiberjaber must finally be 50, or at least very close to it, today. I hope to find time in amongst that reflection to celebrate Mrs Shred's birthday as well.

Hold that thought about the RT though.  It doesn't have the greatest selection in the world but we would be made most welcome.  The Angel (other end of Kelvedon) has just re-opened as well so we could do an autumn crawl.

Why did I think Jibers was younger than me.   Must be his youthful exuberance.

« Reply #18345 on: 21 September, 2022, 11:48:50 am »
As the Eastern contingent isn't with us, how about the SH - always a favourite, and I have the option of a lessor climb home?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #18346 on: 21 September, 2022, 02:38:34 pm »
As the Eastern contingent isn't with us, how about the SH - always a favourite, and I have the option of a lessor climb home?

:thumbsup: Always a pleasure to visit the Spiritual Home. And Mrs T and I are going there for a meal tomorrow, double delight!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #18347 on: 21 September, 2022, 05:48:49 pm »
It's going to be a pass from me again this evening, have more fun without me!
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

felstedrider

« Reply #18348 on: 21 September, 2022, 06:07:39 pm »
I’ll pop down about 7:30.   Taking the resident teenager out for dinner.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #18349 on: 21 September, 2022, 06:15:20 pm »
See some of the usual suspects at the Spiritual Home then! I'll be along about 20:30 -- 21:00.