Author Topic: Condor Tempo  (Read 18223 times)

Re: Condor Tempo
« Reply #25 on: 24 April, 2014, 09:29:00 pm »
Bike tape / "helicopter tape" is a good covering for this area.
http://www.biketart.com/76/products/biketape-invisible-frame-protection.aspx

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #26 on: 25 April, 2014, 07:08:53 am »
Sorry, I didn't want to offend anyone with my view on the chain-stay detailing.  It's just that my last frame didn't have it and I liked it that way.  Thanks for the tip on the helicopter tape :thumbsup:

« Reply #27 on: 25 April, 2014, 09:27:53 am »
You can buy little helicopter tape kits off eBay for a couple of quid. Usually buy one with each new bike.

rob

« Reply #28 on: 25 April, 2014, 10:43:49 am »
I had to go and check mine but it's also white, although a bit mucky at the moment.

Mine has a few scratches already and the paint was a little thin around the dropouts.    I'll get it sprayed again in a couple of years and maybe get the S3X bosses removed.

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #29 on: 25 April, 2014, 05:06:57 pm »
I'm still not sure what purpose painting a drive-side chain stay has?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #30 on: 02 May, 2014, 11:00:04 am »
Well - I've caved in and put a deposit on Tempo frameset.  Slightly custom in that I wanted 2 sets of bottle bosses, and whilst I was at it, the S3X bosses will be removed. An extra £100.  I suppose I could even ask for a naked drive-side stay  ;)

Up to 20 weeks lead time!  But they are hoping for quicker.

It will replace my Pompino and serve for commuting duties as well as, maybe, some attempts at longer distances. 
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #31 on: 08 July, 2014, 12:03:48 pm »
marcus

Thats what put em off a tempo all the extra braze ons  and the pista was useless for audax cos no chainstay bridge to fix guards to in the end i went for a bob jackson track frame and awaiting delivery. Coul dhave been a different story if i had known about the ability to remove etxcras shame you have to bloody pay for them that makes a nearly £700 frame ouch!
Purely ride fixed

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #32 on: 09 July, 2014, 11:25:12 pm »
Condor man: "What sort of cranks would you like for your Tempo?"
Jonah: "I'm after a track crank please." 
Condor man: "What size?"
Jonah: "172.5mm."
Condor Man: "Track cranks only come in 165mm or 170mm; it's all to do with cadence, and all that."

Discuss...

« Reply #33 on: 10 July, 2014, 12:15:20 am »
Is that conversation on a par with "Hmm, you're about six foot one. Looks like you'll be wanting a 55cm frame"?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #34 on: 10 July, 2014, 08:15:38 am »
The condor branded cranks do seem to only come in 165 or 170 when I looked at them a couple of weeks ago. However Suginos, Dura Ace etc. do all come in longer lengths as well.

You don't seem to be getting the best service with them Jonah! I am surprised as I have never had anything but good service from them.

Still waiting for my Tempo. Have some wheels (chrome TB14 rims, lush), brakes, seatpost etc. waiting ready. Need to work out a few other bits, including cranks - despite the bike being a general workhorse, it may have a little nod to the NJS thing with Sugino 75 with Zen chainring looking a good option for me.
Right! What's next?

« Reply #35 on: 10 July, 2014, 09:37:46 am »
despite the bike being a general workhorse, it may have a little nod to the NJS thing with Sugino 75 with Zen chainring looking a good option for me.

General workhorse? More like a thoroughbred with fine wheels and chainset - luvverly.

Perfect and consistent chain tension will be expected!

« Reply #36 on: 11 July, 2014, 08:26:27 pm »
Miche primato come in all lengths nice finish too or Ardel in the old Campag SR of old look is nice too difficult call old skool hipster or modernista!!!
Purely ride fixed

« Reply #37 on: 11 July, 2014, 08:30:35 pm »
Jonah with your leg length stick with 172.5 I have got easily Miche Primato in 172,5 and those retro Andel campag copies too. FSA do a Old Skool SR copy too and I have seen then  on offer on 172.5 have a look at Planet X shit service but you are obviously used to that by now.....
Purely ride fixed

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #38 on: 30 August, 2014, 08:41:52 am »
I mostly used 170mm on the velodrome; they matched up well with the slightly bigger gears that I preferred to use. On the road, it was either 170 or 172.5 when on fixed but the longer cranks grounded out noticeably more often on fast corners, so I settled on 170mm. YMMV
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #39 on: 09 October, 2014, 08:38:47 pm »

Virtually 5 months to the day and I got a call to say my Tempo was in.

I've pretty much everything I need to build it up - missing a front wheel that matches the back wheel (but have plenty of spare front wheels).  Sugino 75 cranks with Sugino Zen chainring, EAI cogs at the back, Velo Orange Grand Cru brakes and some other bits and bobs.
Right! What's next?

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #40 on: 09 October, 2014, 09:27:10 pm »
Megatron! :thumbsup:

No 3SX bosses either! and no sign of the painted chain-stay either - attention to detail at it's purest.

I love my Tempo (which also still has un-matching wheels) - I like the synthesis of trad and contemporary

Remember to label one 'coaster' and the other 'real bike' in case you're ever in a hurry to leave the house  ;)

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #41 on: 09 October, 2014, 09:50:41 pm »
Remember to label one 'coaster' and the other 'real bike' in case you're ever in a hurry to leave the house  ;)

I went with a silver stem on the Tempo for this very reason......

I still might need a big label though
Right! What's next?

rob

« Reply #42 on: 14 October, 2014, 09:38:07 am »
After 2 years mine is showing signs of wear and is coming apart for a major refit this Winter.   I've not been massively impressed by the paint quality so I might get it resprayed.   May use this as an opportunity to get the S3X bossed removed.   I'm thinking british racing green this time.   I have a lot of silver componentry so it should set off quite nicely.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #43 on: 14 October, 2014, 10:05:35 am »
Interesting - the paint on my Fratello has been pretty good.  It's got a couple of chips as you'd expect from a 2011 bike that's done some big miles, but on the whole it has held up very well.

My Tempo is about built up - some parts didn't arrive before the weekend, which was a little annoying, but it's about there.  Photos soon.

Build is this:

Frame and forks - 52cm Condor Tempo with Condor carbon forks
Stem - Condor silver
Handlebars - Nitto Noodlebar
Brake levers - Tektro RL340
Brakes - Velo Orange Grand Cru deep drop
Seat Post - Velo Orange Grand Cru
Saddle - Brooks Cambium C17
Cranks - Sugino 75
Chainring - Sugino Zen
BB - Sugino 75
Sprockets - EAI Superstars
Chain - KMC Z1X INOX
Rear wheel - Velo Orange Grand Cru fixed/fixed with a H Plus Son TB14 in polished chrome with DT Competition spokes
Front wheel (awaiting spokes) - Shimano Dura Ace 7900 with a H Plus Son TB14 in polished chrome with DT Competition spokes
SKS mudguards
28mm Conti 4 Seasons

It looks lovely so far and I have no doubt that it'll ride like a dream.  Can't wait!
Right! What's next?

rob

« Reply #44 on: 14 October, 2014, 10:48:59 am »
Some of those equipment names have had me doing some googling.   All looks lovely.

*EDIT* 45 quid for a sprocket ?   hope they're pretty round for that price.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #45 on: 14 October, 2014, 10:54:47 am »
That's the cheaper ones as well!

EAI Gold Medal Pros are more £70 a go.

There's some fairly pimpy bits on there - all good fun. 
Right! What's next?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #46 on: 14 October, 2014, 07:12:06 pm »
Couple of shots:

Right! What's next?

« Reply #47 on: 15 October, 2014, 06:10:42 am »
You dirty boy, posting such filth.

*wibble*

« Reply #48 on: 15 October, 2014, 09:12:23 am »
The Velo Orange bits look classy - where did you source them from?
SG75 cranks and meaty zen chainring are  :P but does SG75 BB have sealing for road use?
Looking forward to seeing the complete bike on the road.

« Reply #49 on: 15 October, 2014, 09:20:43 am »
Rear wheel - Velo Orange Grand Cru fixed/fixed with a H Plus Son TB14 in polished chrome with DT Competition spokes
Front wheel (awaiting spokes) - Shimano Dura Ace 7900 with a H Plus Son TB14 in polished chrome with DT Competition spokes

Looks good! Any more photos of those rims?