General Category > On The Road

Bike Stormz

(1/25) > >>

hellymedic:
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/central-london-brought-to-standstill-by-horde-of-aggressive-cyclists-a3303496.html

Seems a mob brought Central London to a halt on Saturday night.

In my grumpy opinion this is Not a Good Thing.

Cudzoziemiec:
Just looks like Critical Mass meets summer holidays to me; written up by predictably scareable "road safety campaigner".

Pancho:
Well, the video on that page just showed an awful lot of people getting about on bikes. No need for grump. I didn't even see a "mob". Unless, say a traffic jam counts as a "mob". Sure, a few of them were pulling wheelies, and a few red lights may have gone unrespected - but overall, looked like a nice day.

Pancho:

--- Quote from: Cudzoziemiec on 25 July, 2016, 03:24:42 pm ---Just looks like Critical Mass meets summer holidays to me; written up by predictably scareable "road safety campaigner".

--- End quote ---

It didn't appear to be the Critical Mass demographic. More POBs (of which I'm one - so it's not a derogatory term) than crusty cycle campaigners. Also young people. And black people.

mrcharly-YHT:
brought to a standstill? seemed to be a lot of people moving much faster than normal london transport speeds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version