Author Topic: Today's SPAM  (Read 123651 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Today's SPAM
« Reply #500 on: 28 September, 2023, 11:18:21 am »
I get a few of those. I play like I'm a bit slow and the connection is poor 'Hello...?". Yesterday's was apparently from some financial services co. After the call I google the number and it almost always has recent lookups on Who called me sites. I then block the number. Not that that makes much difference.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #501 on: 28 September, 2023, 11:42:34 am »
No, blocking is an after the fact activity, the 2 calls had different numbers. And I had the more usual Ballymoney NI based number the day before. For some reason that seems a popular STD code to spoof.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #502 on: 04 December, 2023, 07:02:59 pm »
A different one this evening. Phone call on my mobile. Usual muffled south Asian accent. I took the call on the Mac and had to turn the volume up to full to make out what the woman was saying.
Something about a part-time job?

Weird.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #503 on: 23 December, 2023, 12:32:02 pm »
I'm the lucky one. I've been chosen.

Tesla, Inc.

Congratulations!!

This email is from Elon Musk and team SpaceX's founder, CEO and chief engineer; early-stage investor, CEO and product architect of Tesla, Inc. Founder of The Boring Company, and co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI. With an estimated net worth of around $244 billion.

Your email was randomly selected from the European and US email database to  receive a donation of 18,087.71 Tesla Stock (TSLA) equal to $4,585,234.485 USD at $253.50 per stock.

Please take this email very, very seriously and email our fiduciary agent  Mr. Murray Paul for more information as regards to the claim of your funds
(murray50paul@gmail.com).

Tesla Automotive company

HectoJ

• 45 to go
« Reply #504 on: 23 December, 2023, 01:59:02 pm »
Apparently EUROPOL are looking for me... They have an pending arrest warrant for Dear <INSERT FIRST NAME> <INSERT LAST NAME>.

And also my Visa credit card has been hacked....  (and I don't have any credit cards)

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #505 on: 23 December, 2023, 02:15:24 pm »
Apparently EUROPOL are looking for me... They have an pending arrest warrant for Dear <INSERT FIRST NAME> <INSERT LAST NAME>.

And also my Visa credit card has been hacked....  (and I don't have any credit cards)

That looks like they need IT help, you could reply, telling them your name  ;D

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #506 on: 09 January, 2024, 10:44:28 pm »
I can relate to trying something new and nostalgic like 'Hungry Hippos'. Recently, I experienced something similar when I decided to take up gardening. Never thought I'd find joy in planting and nurturing flowers, but here I am, thoroughly enjoying my newfound hobby. It's amazing how trying something different can open up a whole new world of interests. By the way, it's fascinating to learn about the value of original 'Hungry Hippos' sets!

(My bold) From elsewhere on the forum, user deleted/terminated but this ghost was quoted. I wondered is this spam sandwich style a new trend? Or, is it just removed really quickly by some excellent mods?
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #507 on: 20 January, 2024, 09:40:18 am »
Apparently I've been selected for a Jo Malone Advent Calendar, by “Message from Boots”.  Deep joy!

“We have a surprise for Boots customers”

You certainly do: the link in your feeble attempted scam gives a 404 error.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #508 on: 20 January, 2024, 11:01:53 am »
"Dielsel Emission Claim"

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #509 on: 31 January, 2024, 12:57:43 am »
No One Was Home𝅹𝅷𝅴

Evri Member Service𝅹𝅸𝅸, 𝅸𝅷

We tried on : Wed, January 31, 2024 12:20 AM𝅸𝅷

Delivery Type: 3-5 Working Days

Actually, I was home.
Occasionally EVRI tries to make a delivery and lies.

TBH these lies have never occurred at 12:20 AM before.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #510 on: 02 February, 2024, 02:57:15 pm »
Package from: HM Revenue & Customs
Package type: Large letter
Delivery date & time: Friday, 02 Feb 2024 16:35
We attempted to deliver your package at 09:35 on Thursday, 01 March 2024 but no one was available.
Your parcel was returned to our depot and you need to reschedule your package delivery.
Please reschedule your package delivery by pressing 'Reschedule Now and one of our drivers will attempt to deliver your package. Reschedule Now
Thank you.
The Royal Mail Team
This is an automatically generated email, please do not reply to it.
© Royal Mail Group Limited 2024

I don’t have a time machine!
March 1st won’t be a Thursday...

« Reply #511 on: 02 February, 2024, 04:35:38 pm »
You should forward that one to report@phishing.gov.uk Helly. Given the content, they may actually pursue that one.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #512 on: 02 February, 2024, 08:03:23 pm »
Reported.

« Reply #513 on: 27 February, 2024, 01:38:20 pm »
I cannot remember getting mobile message spam.
EVRI mail package in the process of transportation, due to damage to the outer package, address information is lost, can not be delivered. Please be sure to update the delivery address information in the link within 12 hours.

https://evri-j.beauty/uk

(Please reply Y, then exit the SMS, re-open the SMS activation link, or copy the link to open in Safari)

The EVRI team wishes you a great day!
I have deleted

« Reply #514 on: 15 March, 2024, 08:31:15 am »
We attempted to deliver your package at 09:35 on Thursday, 01 March 2024 but no one was available.
Your parcel was returned to our depot and you need to reschedule your package delivery.
Please reschedule your package delivery by pressing 'Reschedule Now and one of our drivers will attempt to deliver your package. Reschedule Now
Thank you.
The Royal Mail Team
This is an automatically generated email, please do not reply to it.
© Royal Mail Group Limited 2024

It’s amusing how they managed to mix up dates and times. Maybe they should consider a career change to something less time-sensitive?  ;D

« Reply #515 on: 15 March, 2024, 12:46:52 pm »
Cher(e) Client(e),

Votre nom de domaine ****.co.uk est en ce moment enregistré sur OVH.

Notre système de facturation a détecté l'expiration de ce service non renouvelé malgré les rappels que nous avons envoyés.

Votre nom de domaine a été donc suspendu.

Pour le réactiver, il vous suffit d'accéder à notre site et d'utiliser la commande de renouvelement :

« Reply #516 on: 15 March, 2024, 03:44:28 pm »
March 1st would have been a Thursday if this weren't a leap year. It's a classic programming error to try to write stuff yourself that works out standard things, such as the date next Thursday, instead of depending on looking it up in a reference system.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #517 on: 15 March, 2024, 05:58:39 pm »
From ‘Jess’.
“Here is my e-mail address, Nick!”

A few days later.

From ‘Jessie’.
“Where is your photo, Nick?”

Weird.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #518 on: 31 March, 2024, 11:32:07 am »
Yesterday’s spam was an email from a Peter Coulson.
I do not think it originated from either member of this parish that bears this name and the headers looked dodgy.
There was a link to a Daily Heil page that extolled some miracle weight loss Magick Cure.
Deleted.

« Reply #519 on: 31 March, 2024, 08:22:21 pm »
Toxic elements accumulate in the feet. Nuubu foot patches will help remove them! Apply the patches at night, wake up feeling light and fresh.
The original had photos

« Reply #520 on: Yesterday at 05:22:51 pm »
Phone call spam yesterday. On the landline, which usually means a junk call anyway. I answered it with 'Hello', there was a slight pause, then a computerised voice just said 'goodbye' and rang off.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #521 on: Yesterday at 06:46:20 pm »
Phone call spam yesterday. On the landline, which usually means a junk call anyway. I answered it with 'Hello', there was a slight pause, then a computerised voice just said 'goodbye' and rang off.

... are you sure it wasn't the radio thing where they give money away if you answer "Make me a winner"  ;D ;D  (You do need to enter with a text that costs . . ..... etc)

Happened to hear it yestreday and a bloke won £200,000.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #522 on: Yesterday at 06:50:58 pm »
Dear (email address),

I am a private investigator and have been contracted by a financial institution to ascertain your relationship to an individual who died sometime ago.

He died intestate and left behind an estate, we have reasons to believe that you may be related to the deceased.

For further information, please contact me or the Assessor for confirmation.

Yours Sincerely,
Victor Chenzoks
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.