Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 208959 times)

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1475 on: 11 April, 2020, 06:59:36 am »
"working" from home..

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1476 on: 11 April, 2020, 02:41:49 pm »
Jacob what are you doing to her she is clearly struggling
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1477 on: 12 April, 2020, 01:40:34 pm »
Lovely!

Meanwhile, one of our chocolabs just ate a dandelion.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1478 on: 03 May, 2020, 01:02:05 pm »
SO's whippet Leo(nardo) is currently recuperating.

We recently discovered that, while he does not chase random cyclists, he will run with me while a'wheel.  After a couple of kilometres (in short bursts; he is, after all, a whippet) of chasing - and being chased - he is absolutely k'nackered.  This means we will have peace until late afternoon, when it will be time to take him to the park to run around with his mates. 

Whippets, at least this one, can be summed up in four words: run, eat, sleep, fart.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1479 on: 06 May, 2020, 05:35:40 pm »
Blackie is mostly absent, only popping in for quick and surreptitious feeds. Seems she Really Dislikes David's attempts to apply flea control measures.

Seems to rapidly exit via cat flap if David is walking around.

simonp

« Reply #1480 on: 14 May, 2020, 11:13:13 pm »
Rory is recovering after surgery for a fractured pelvis and hock having been hit by a car, most likely on Tuesday. We realised yesterday morning he was missing and both walked miles looking for him. After one last search last night with a bike light down by the reservoir where he was found up a tree in January, I got home and found him lying on the drive in distress. From a possible sighting 1/4 mile away he had made it home despite barely being able to walk. He’d been there for about 50 minutes when I got back (doorbell cam spotted him).

He went straight to Langford and was admitted to ICU and stabilised. Social distancing meant we had to drop him off in a consult room and leave him to be examined while we waited in the car. The pelvic fracture was confirmed this morning and he was referred for surgery. Langford is great for this as he stays in the same ICU, avoiding a transfer to a separate hospital. Once he was under for surgery the surgeon was able to check his limbs and found his hock was unstable. Initially it seemed like he’d need his tibia pinned and external fixation and a synthetic ligament. However the fracture turned out to be in a different spot requiring only a plate, so his recovery should be easier.

It remains to be seen if there is any neurological damage but it seems he’s managed to pee which is a good sign.

« Reply #1481 on: 14 May, 2020, 11:21:12 pm »
Rory is recovering after surgery for a fractured pelvis and hock having been hit by a car, most likely on Tuesday. We realised yesterday morning he was missing and both walked miles looking for him. After one last search last night with a bike light down by the reservoir where he was found up a tree in January, I got home and found him lying on the drive in distress. From a possible sighting 1/4 mile away he had made it home despite barely being able to walk. He’d been there for about 50 minutes when I got back (doorbell cam spotted him).

He went straight to Langford and was admitted to ICU and stabilised. Social distancing meant we had to drop him off in a consult room and leave him to be examined while we waited in the car. The pelvic fracture was confirmed this morning and he was referred for surgery. Langford is great for this as he stays in the same ICU, avoiding a transfer to a separate hospital. Once he was under for surgery the surgeon was able to check his limbs and found his hock was unstable. Initially it seemed like he’d need his tibia pinned and external fixation and a synthetic ligament. However the fracture turned out to be in a different spot requiring only a plate, so his recovery should be easier.

It remains to be seen if there is any neurological damage but it seems he’s managed to pee which is a good sign.

Ouch, I hope a full recovery is made, best wished to Rory, Feline and yourself.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1482 on: 14 May, 2020, 11:46:14 pm »
Aw, GWS Rory.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1483 on: 15 May, 2020, 12:50:33 am »
GWS Rory!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1484 on: 15 May, 2020, 06:12:57 pm »
Aw, hope Rory heals well.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #1485 on: 16 May, 2020, 06:52:10 am »
Having her traditional post breakfast and dump snooze. Snoozing is very important for Tilly, you need a snooze to recover from your last snooze then another to prepare for the next snooze. If their is time between snoozes and eating you may want to fit in some light barking.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #1486 on: 19 May, 2020, 07:05:58 am »

ian

« Reply #1487 on: 26 May, 2020, 09:46:52 am »
LMC seems to hurt her paw, doing the one-paw lift when she stands, though she seems able to walk on it. Sigh.

Call the vets. Can you take a photo of it? Honestly, put something in her file, no, the likelihood of success in this particular diagnostic escapade is close to zero. Picking up the wriggly claw beast is foolish. Holding her for several seconds while trying to photograph one of said spiky appendages suicidal.

I think they're still smarting from the time LMC pooped down the vet's cleavage.

Anyway, the admitted this might be difficult, so an appointment to remove more money from our bank account has been made.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1488 on: 26 May, 2020, 03:36:10 pm »
Please remind me why people own serve cats.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #1489 on: 26 May, 2020, 04:27:50 pm »

How is Rory?

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1490 on: 26 May, 2020, 04:29:45 pm »
Please remind me why people own serve cats.

Some sort of toxoplasma probably.

ian

« Reply #1491 on: 26 May, 2020, 08:23:29 pm »
Vet couldn't see anything wrong, other than she's limping (really, that cost me £35), but a more thorough investigation will require sedation (I assume the cat and not me) and they'd rather leave it and see if it gets worse before knocking either of us out.

She doesn't seem especially bothered, I think she sprained it, she charging back and forth across the garage roof yesterday and leaping off. No idea why, she spends most of the brief time she's awake hunting imaginary things.

« Reply #1492 on: 31 May, 2020, 10:01:54 am »
We wish we knew. She’s a very easily spooked cat, and since our quiet-as-a-church-mouse neighbour moved out, to be replaced with a family of 4 with 2 well behaved black labs, we’ve hardly seen her. She’s reverted to sleeping under our bed all day  :-\. Went out last night around 10 and we’ve not seen her (and nor, judging from her food bowls, has she been back) since.  :( 

ETA she showed up a couple hours later, cowering from the noise of next door pressure washer being used on the patio, and shot upstairs to hide under the bed. That’s a years worth of coaxing her out down the drain. Hey ho.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

simonp

« Reply #1493 on: 31 May, 2020, 10:15:32 am »

How is Rory?

Rory is doing great. He’s starting to complain about his confinement a bit but is taking it well all round. All his stitches are out, both wounds are looking good, he’s eating well and walking pretty well on the injured leg.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1494 on: 31 May, 2020, 12:42:37 pm »

How is Rory?

Rory is doing great. He’s starting to complain about his confinement a bit but is taking it well all round. All his stitches are out, both wounds are looking good, he’s eating well and walking pretty well on the injured leg.

Good news.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1495 on: 31 May, 2020, 12:45:59 pm »
Vet couldn't see anything wrong, other than she's limping (really, that cost me £35), but a more thorough investigation will require sedation (I assume the cat and not me) and they'd rather leave it and see if it gets worse before knocking either of us out.

She doesn't seem especially bothered, I think she sprained it, she charging back and forth across the garage roof yesterday and leaping off. No idea why, she spends most of the brief time she's awake hunting imaginary things.

At least the vet is getting you ready for a big bill. Have you heard the mitchell and web sound vet sketch?

Also LMC is killing things and saving you from floaty, flying and crawling stuff. 

ian

« Reply #1496 on: 01 June, 2020, 11:16:17 am »
She mostly only catches and kills imaginary creatures these days. Very effectively.

Anyway, she seems to be better now, I think she sprained it. Though the vet justified herself by shaving random patches of LMC's fur (no idea why, revenge after the poop dans decolletage, I guess).

She also has a touch of conjunctivitis (the cat, not the vet), though yeah, eye drops. Ain't going to happen.

ian

« Reply #1497 on: 12 June, 2020, 11:15:13 am »
I tempted fate and they've suddenly started catching real creatures again. LMC bought in a mouse the other night. I still have my ninja mouse catching skills, so I liberated that one (with no teeth, she can only gum them). Then yesterday Bad Cat ran past with a bird in her mouth. Had to retrieve that. Thought it was a deader, but I put in a box with some water and food, and it perked up. A couple of hours later I saw it fly away.

Anyway, number 3 is the mouse somewhere in the bedroom. And why I'm tired. I've not seen it, but they've both been charging around since 3am. Chances of catching that one are close to nil, so hopefully, it'll stumble into the trap we've put out or one of the cats will catch it (though they seem to have bored of it now).

I liked the imaginary creatures better. No idea why they've started catching things this week. They can stop now.

« Reply #1498 on: 13 June, 2020, 12:05:56 pm »
Our little cat is 17. She was a rescue from a semi feral farm litter and in her youth was a prodigious ratter, mouser and bird killer. Voles were her speciality. These days she mainly likes to snooze in the house or on top of the log store but when they combine the field across the lane she will be out again catching all the small rodents that get disturbed if the last few years are anything to go by.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

ian

« Reply #1499 on: 22 June, 2020, 10:39:28 am »
Seems to have a brief session of catching things, nothing for the last few days.

Bad Cat did delight us by throwing up repeatedly this morning at 5am as she tried to clear something from her throat.