Author Topic: What's with the logo-less Astana jerseys?  (Read 1126 times)

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
What's with the logo-less Astana jerseys?
« on: 25 May, 2009, 09:07:42 pm »
I noticed the Astana team have been riding in jerseys devoid of sponsors' logos, apart from a tiny "Trek" on the shoulder. Now I know Astana have had their troubles, so it doesn't surprise me. I assumed they'd had a job lot of jerseys made up in team colours minus logos. Until David Harmon pointed out they were "faded out", and by jove, I did see a faint "Astana" where you'd expect it to be.

What did they do - bleach them out specifically? Paint over them? Weird.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: What's with the logo-less Astana jerseys?
« Reply #1 on: 25 May, 2009, 09:15:13 pm »
I noticed the Astana team have been riding in jerseys devoid of sponsors' logos, apart from a tiny "Trek" on the shoulder. Now I know Astana have had their troubles, so it doesn't surprise me. I assumed they'd had a job lot of jerseys made up in team colours minus logos. Until David Harmon pointed out they were "faded out", and by jove, I did see a faint "Astana" where you'd expect it to be.

What did they do - bleach them out specifically? Paint over them? Weird.

Several sponsors have not paid their contracted moneys. So teh team decided to remove them fromthe jerseys. Removing logos or redesigning the jersey would require lots of paper work with the UCI but fading them so they are legible, just, close up is apparently OK.

It is a commercial name and shame.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes