Author Topic: yacf riders  (Read 33247 times)

yacf riders
« on: 19 August, 2019, 05:11:29 pm »
I'm following a few folk, but the person that's got me coming back for more tracker viewing is the lad zigzag.
I know he's a quality rider, but out to Brest is 21hrs, now on the way back, and with zero rest from what I can see - bloke's a monster! :)

yanto's cracking on nicely too.
Garry Broad

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Re: yacf riders
« Reply #1 on: 19 August, 2019, 05:13:05 pm »

What's his frame number?

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #2 on: 19 August, 2019, 05:16:38 pm »

What's his frame number?

J

Rimas Grigenas
A026
Garry Broad

« Reply #3 on: 19 August, 2019, 05:19:06 pm »
Rimas is as hard as nails.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #4 on: 19 August, 2019, 05:35:58 pm »
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #5 on: 20 August, 2019, 02:10:51 pm »
UK fastest is 48:51.  Zizag rode PBP in 49:36 last time, and checked into Mortagne-au-Perche 44:04
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 571 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

« Reply #6 on: 20 August, 2019, 02:14:18 pm »
Here's his breakdown of how long he stopped at each control in 2015: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=92680.msg1908856#msg1908856

4h25m total time spent not moving.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
« Reply #7 on: 20 August, 2019, 02:21:05 pm »
Has anybody on here any news on Julian & Steve on their tandem ?
Rider F027 & F028 ...
I've been tracking them , but something seems amiss
They're both strong riders & already got another 1200km under their belts this season already -  tracking seems to have lost em'  -  unless I'm doing something wrong here? ? ?
Fatter Riders Bounce Better :-) !

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #8 on: 20 August, 2019, 02:54:16 pm »
I was wondering the same myself.  The tracking does occasionally lose someone for a short while but they seem to have dropped off for more than a day.  I'm assuming they have packed - they're in good and experienced company if they have.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
« Reply #9 on: 20 August, 2019, 03:19:24 pm »
Hiya Redlight..
For sure Julian & Steve are vastly experienced & source of inspiration to me at least..

It's tricky following the tracker sometimes -  I remember when I did last LEL , I had people ringing me en-route asking if I was ok as I'd apparently gone missing -  But I was happily riding around having the time of my life completely oblivious to the mild panic back home.

Sadly the only mobile telephone No. I have for Julian was a temporary phone he used when we were down in Australia together in October.....   I'm sure some other VC167 riders will be able to contact him .
Fingers-crossed..
T.H

« Reply #10 on: 20 August, 2019, 03:20:28 pm »
UK fastest is 48:51.  Zizag rode PBP in 49:36 last time, and checked into Mortagne-au-Perche 44:04

Dreux at 47:16 and 44km to go (if you trust the tracker distances). If he's doing ~30kph on the road then he might scrape in under 49h. Amazing.

Redlight

« Reply #11 on: 20 August, 2019, 03:54:31 pm »
IanH also seems to have come to halt - last seen at Loudeac just after 7am UK time  ???  I would have expected him to be on his way back from Brest by now.

Redlight

« Reply #12 on: 20 August, 2019, 03:55:56 pm »
Other abandonments that I've had confirmed so far are jsabine, cyclinggeezer and Drew Buck.

« Reply #13 on: 20 August, 2019, 04:00:07 pm »

Dreux at 47:16 and 44km to go (if you trust the tracker distances). If he's doing ~30kph on the road then he might scrape in under 49h. Amazing.

zigzag finished at 48:53:09 according to the tracker.

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
« Reply #14 on: 20 August, 2019, 05:05:21 pm »
Thanks Redlight..
There's some really accomplished & capable riders on that DNF list -  a real shame.
Hope nothing really serious occurred . law of averages get us all eventually perhaps
I've heard nothing concrete regards Julian & Steve yet though

Fingers still crossed.
T.H

Redlight

« Reply #15 on: 20 August, 2019, 05:18:08 pm »
Indeed. There are some other names I've heard but not confirmed.  I'm trying to keep a general commentary up on the Audax UK Twitter but I won't post individual riders' names there.

On the bright side, there are lots of YACF-ers that are steaming along merrily - LWaB, HK, Rob, Tomsk, Wilkyboy, JiberJaber, Redfalo, SimonP, to name but a few.

Terry2wheelz

• terry2wheelz
« Reply #16 on: 20 August, 2019, 05:23:49 pm »
Nice one Redlight.
I don't do twitter-face malarkey.  so thanks for this update..

Other YACF-ers I'm tracking who are riding well  =  Deano -  JackLaws, thisisgrace

Also I've keen interest on Shaun from Stoke ( Hargraves) who's naturally flying along on his fixie.

If you hear anything about Julian & Steve please let me know..
Thanks
T.H

« Reply #17 on: 20 August, 2019, 07:30:27 pm »
Looks like zigzag missed out on the UK record by 2 mins, but was 43 mins quicker than 4 years ago.
He should extremely pleased with that.
Well done to you good sir.
Magnificent effort.
Garry Broad

« Reply #18 on: 20 August, 2019, 07:45:11 pm »
I've been following wilkyboy. Looking at the tracker gives you numbers and much curiosity, but he had quite a slow first leg out to Villaines [14.32km] by his standards - and it got me wondering. Mechanicals? Who knows, he'll tell his own story when he returns. But he's currently at Carhaix on the return leg but is riding at an overall average of 14.62km. That's looks like a bit of a challenge for him now. Much teeth gritting will ensue. Dig in Nick!!
Garry Broad

« Reply #19 on: 20 August, 2019, 09:35:34 pm »
Toby Hopper a terminé Paris-Brest-Paris 2019! Time 52:42:19

dod

« Reply #20 on: 20 August, 2019, 09:40:44 pm »
I've been following wilkyboy. Looking at the tracker gives you numbers and much curiosity, but he had quite a slow first leg out to Villaines [14.32km] by his standards - and it got me wondering. Mechanicals? Who knows, he'll tell his own story when he returns. But he's currently at Carhaix on the return leg but is riding at an overall average of 14.62km. That's looks like a bit of a challenge for him now. Much teeth gritting will ensue. Dig in Nick!!

He's on a new bike (Peugeot P10 with fixed gear) and may not have fully recovered from injuries after a fall a few weeks ago, so hopefully he is taking it steady and will get there in the end.

I'm wondering what has happened to PhilW - his tracker only shows Rambouillet.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #21 on: 20 August, 2019, 09:47:10 pm »

I'm wondering what has happened to PhilW - his tracker only shows Rambouillet.

Quit before Villeneuve la jahl
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #22 on: 20 August, 2019, 09:49:01 pm »
What is Deanos number?

« Reply #23 on: 20 August, 2019, 09:49:59 pm »

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #24 on: 20 August, 2019, 09:51:30 pm »
Thank you.

Am still near the start finish if anyone needs help/crash space etc.